Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

He was a bad pick for that, I think. He just seemed bored by loads of things they were talking about, he turned into a wreck at the video package of his match with Michaels, and he just wasn't good value. Foley's great for this kind of thing, I think that's where his WWE future should lie. JBL was playing the cunt as well saying that WrestleMania 14 would've been just as big without Tyson. You can understand Flair saying it because he's basically a senile, blinkered nutjob, but you know that JBL can't be that far in the bubble.

Before things got serious I found it amusing how Foley mentioned he wrestled Andre in a tag match once. Which caused Flair to go quite for five minutes only to obviously eventually chip in after remembering that he wrestled Andre in 20 tag matches, once.

Flair's a shithouse on Friday's WrestleMania Today as well. He either doesn't get what's going on at all or he's not on board with the concept at all. They're trying to hype the Undertaker-Lesnar match, and he basically just butts in and says Lesnar's fuck all compared to Triple H and Shawn Michaels. I'm not sure what the right role for Naitch is these days, but I don't think it's these promotional panel shows.

After being asked if Undertaker growing older and becoming increasingly more worn could play into Lesnar's hands (i.e WWE's entire selling point of the match), Flair saying "Undertaker's in good shape, I just saw him today" stood out to me as particularly stupid.

• Paid Members
Flair's a shithouse on Friday's WrestleMania Today as well. He either doesn't get what's going on at all or he's not on board with the concept at all. They're trying to hype the Undertaker-Lesnar match, and he basically just butts in and says Lesnar's fuck all compared to Triple H and Shawn Michaels. I'm not sure what the right role for Naitch is these days, but I don't think it's these promotional panel shows.

He's this odd mix of trying to put over his mates, trying to put over the company, trying to get himself over, not knowing what's going on and forgetting what his own opinion on things are. Added to the fact he spends all afternoon drinking with his wife, it just makes it this mash of mad ramblings and the odd tear. The Foley thing is an example of this. He obviously still cant stand him. He's constantly jumping on him. Look at the look Foley gives JBL when he says "you over stayed your welcome". Its either "that's a bit harsh" or "here he goes again". Either way, even the thin skinned Foley looked like he was humouring him when he was getting another slagging off from Naitch. I remember when they were in TNA and had to cut promos, where Foley's doing his storytelling about how he didn't have what Flair had but made it and all that, and Flair's just outright calling him a no talent fat cunt. Its like he tolerates Foley as a person, but when the subject of his wrestling career comes up Flair cant help but give his real opinion.

Flair's role could be those one man shows WWE puts on with Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels on the afternoon or day before a big pay-per-view. Where the day of a pay-per-view, they go out and do a Q&A and put the company over. Anytime Flair is near someone else, he has to talk over them. Saying that, I remember in 2004 when he was supposed to be promoting Backlash and he was saying stuff like "why would anyone want to watch Foley wrestle" and Foley was wrestling Orton on the PPV he was meant to be promoting. So who knows. He has a hard time hyping something and a hard time promoting something without sticking his foot in it.

Maybe use him like they use Bruno. He comes out during the break and does autograph signings and use him as a pre-recorded talking head and thats it. They should use Kevin Nash more for the panel shows. He was great on NXT Arrival.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Currently watching the third episode of Wrestlemania Today, I've come to the conclusion that this is my favourite WWE TV show in ages. It's a totally different approach, and I never thought a kayfabed panel show would really work, but it's genuinely done a spectacular job of promoting Wrestlemania and getting guys and feuds over by doing things differently from the norm.

I don't know if they've got different writers, or are simply letting guys say and do whatever they want, but all of the sit down interviews have been fantastic and pretty much every cut away to Axxess has been a proper good laugh, with guys coming across far more fun and interesting than they ever do on RAW. Dolph Ziggler goofing about with fans, Jack Swagger battering a fan at sumo wrestling, Wade Barrett knocking stuff out of autograph hunter's hands, even the Usos clowning around in the T-shift shop. Everyone and everything comes across great. Unless Ric Flair is being an awkward knobhead, of course.

Also, it has to be said; I think Alex Riley and Booker T in particular have really found their groove in this format. Josh and Albert are still a bit shit, but those two are really good at carrying the show, bouncing off one another and making points that genuinely flesh out all the stories and matches. Plus, as I've already mentioned, some of these video packages are fucking amazing.

A hearty thumbs up.

Booker's having a ball with it, clearly.

This years big WrestleMania packages are all fantastic. The acoustic renditions of Orton and Batista's theme tunes for their respective vignettes are great. The Eminem one with Cena and Wyatt is out of this world. I love it.