Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

The entire run of Clash Of The Champions is available on the Network now. Any recommendations on ones to check out? I've got the Best Of COTC Bluray so I'm familiar with some stuff but I've never seen any of them in full. Where should I start?

I've started using a random number generator to select stuff at random on the Network. Could easily do that to help select a Clash. Who knows what you might find?

The entire run of Clash Of The Champions is available on the Network now. Any recommendations on ones to check out? I've got the Best Of COTC Bluray so I'm familiar with some stuff but I've never seen any of them in full. Where should I start?

I've started using a random number generator to select stuff at random on the Network. Could easily do that to help select a Clash. Who knows what you might find?

How have you done that mate? I desperately need a way to randomly choose a ppv. I spend 30 mins trying to figure out what to watch!

More news on a new season of Tough Enough:

It's believed that the new season of WWE Tough Enough will begin filming this June at the Performance Center in Orlando and that filming will run 30 to 40 days. There's talk of limiting the participants on the show to talents that are already under developmental contracts.

Source: Lords of Pain

Clash 3 is awesome, never heard any comments about it before be it positive or negative, but every match is worth your time, especially Brad Armstrong vs Mike Rotunda and Doc/Nikita vs The Sheepherders. Clash 7 is pretty great too, and is held in front of a crazy hot crowd who go nuts for pretty much everything and have probably been drinking since noon.

• 2 weeks later...
They've just uploaded a bunch of Raw and Smackdowns from this year taking it up to 6 weeks ago, so it looks like they may soon hit the original plan of being one month behind.

It did always say on the FAQ that Raw and Smackdown would be on a 30 day delay from May onwards.

Edited by The Dart

Just got it on now for the NXT event, and noticed some new idents that I've not seen before. The Daniel Bryan one's a bit awkward, but the Bray Wyatt one is bizarre. For some reason, I have a hard time buying Wyatt doing network idents and autograph signings and stuff.

How have you done that mate? I desperately need a way to randomly choose a ppv. I spend 30 mins trying to figure out what to watch!

Random.org for the random number generator. I just use the numbers to pick the xth in each menu. Gives a nice variety and saves the time of trying to pick something!

Random.org for the random number generator. I just use the numbers to pick the xth in each menu. Gives a nice variety and saves the time of trying to pick something!

Nice and simple. Cheers.

On a semi related note, what would people think about a "Classic Network PPV Viewing" thread, where every week we choose a random WWE / WCW / ECW PPV, we watch and discuss it in the forum?

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

There's category page for Saturday Night's Main Event up now, with one show already there (from 2006) so it's coming soon. No word yet on whether it'll be put up one-by-one or all in one go like the Clashes.

Had a watch of Raw from October 1998 this morning. It's a filler October like practically every fall in wrestling is but nostalgia's always preserved it well for me. It was the period when Austin was duped out of the title after Breakdown and it's really where most of the highlight reel shit in the McMahon/Austin feud comes from. The Zamboni, the cement truck et all.

I also totally forgot Hawk's painkiller addiction that was trashed out on Raw every week. Thankfully it's not the episode where he jumps off the titan tron but during an LOD 2000 Vs. Outlaws match he comes in from a brief line of questioning from J.R. which is very uncomfortable because he obviously doesn't want to talk about it. And he's wearing jeans and face paint.

The show also comes complete with a shot of Kane arriving at the arena with mask and full body tracksuit which amused me to no end. It's fine and good when 'Taker shows up dressed as a sound engineer for Bad News because he was just a not-dead-just-likes-that-shit character at that point but the Kane shot was odd to say the least.

Going to have a crack at Canadian Stampede tonight, I reckon. I'm having a quiet weekend here and I want something reliable.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Is there a screenshot of Kane in the tracksuit? I was only watching the weekend shows for most of '98 (until Survivor Series got me back in full-time), so I missed a lot of these little moments. I would never have thought they'd put Kane in a tracksuit then.