Sign in to follow this  
ShortOrderCook

The Health and Fitness Thread

1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

@sephare those vests expensive? 

Depends on if the weights themselves come with the kit. The one I had was from RDX Sports (might have been 18kg not 24 excuse me) which was more expensive when I got it, it's around £47 now and comes with sandbags. One word of warning - they use Y*d*l for deliveries and I had to get the fucking thing with sack truck from the depot because they couldn't find / be arsed to stop at my office.

I swear if I ever get hench I'm going into that depot and squeeze heads like zits.

Edited by seph

I’ve finally got down to my ideal weight. I started the year at approx 15.7 stone. I’m down to 12.7 stone.

As I’ve mentioned before, walking (reasonable amounts), boxing once per week and averaging 1800 calories a day has been the answer for me. The plan is to trying and average 12 to 12.7 stone, so time to up my calories. 

I think I’ll be posting in the chippy thread now and again.

I also want to say cheers to a lot of you. Sharing stories, and some personal messages has really helped to keep me on track, especially during the wobbles. I’m now the same I weighed back in 2006, which I never ever imagined would happen.

How is everyone doing post-summer, on the build up to the food festival know as winter?

Amazing work, the time and dedication it has taken you to do that is commendable and inspiring, send me some willpower please! Do you have any before and after photos? 

did you use any supplements/vitamins etc to aid you? 

Started doing Park Run last weekend with a time of 32:33, and then managed to get it down to 28:31 yesterday. As somebody who couldn’t run a mile at the beginning of the year, I’m fairly pleased with myself.

Would love to get that down to 25 minutes within the next few weeks.

i know u can do it Russ, u know what u r doing, how heavy where you when we last spoke on msn etc?

3 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

At peak weight I was around 15 stone, but was able to run for miles. I got old lazy and fat 

Ever tried rucking? Seems a great way to burn calories and get stronger while not injuring yourself, im not a fan of running, but rucking seems to be working for me 

37 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Ever tried rucking? Seems a great way to burn calories and get stronger while not injuring yourself, im not a fan of running, but rucking seems to be working for me 

I do need to be upping cardio, i may well be doing just that. 

Meantime cal intake must be dropped and rain or shine i will need to be in the gym

Recently when standing up it’s sounded like a drum solo, so started doing DDP yoga to see if that helps any.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:37 PM, Slapnut said:

Started doing Park Run last weekend with a time of 32:33, and then managed to get it down to 28:31 yesterday. As somebody who couldn’t run a mile at the beginning of the year, I’m fairly pleased with myself.

Would love to get that down to 25 minutes within the next few weeks.

27:13 this Saturday just gone. Almost spewed immediately after.

I'm having a real hard time finding my mojo at the moment. I've pretty much just yo-yo'd since March having lost 8 stone. My mentatlity is all over the place. I'll see a photo of myself before or I'll fit into some jeans I couldn't have got one leg in before and feel great but then I'll catch sight of my spare tyres in the mirror or get outpaced by a mobility scooter at football and feel as shite as before. A year and a half of constantly thinking about what I'm going to eat and drink and when I'm going to excercise has left me shattered.

My response to stress and misery has always been to eat and that's happened a bit over the last few months. I'll work hard for 6 days, have a bad day, eat a load of shite, wake up hating myself and start the cycle all over again. I genuinely don't think I know how to live and eat like a normal person. I either almost starve myself or I'll eat everything in sight. No inbetween. I think I'm bonkers.

Part of me wants to jack it in because I've reached a weight I'm comfortable with, but not happy, so I wonder if I should just have a few months off to recharge but I'm worried about piling weight back on because as soon as I don't have the threat of weighing in and having someone check my food diary, I eat fucking rubbish. No wonder people put all the weight back on.

Anyone been through this? I find it hard to talk to normal people because they just tell me how well I've done and think I'm "fixed" now.

@tiger_rick - I have but with a less extreme weight loss. I was up at about 16 and a half stone in 2012 and got down to a shade over 13. Ever since then I've bounced between 13.5 and 15.5, usually averaging towards the higher end of that. 

I have periods where I go a month or two doing well. Exercising plus eating a fairly strict diet (usually based on Slimming World) where I'll lose a stone or two. Then I go back to the old eating shite and being lazier, usually when I'm stressed or have a busier schedule than normal.

I think all of that is probably fairly typical for many adult males over 30 and who have kids etc. Where I really get what you're saying though is the thought process on food. I spend almost all day every day analysing what I've eaten and where I might need to be really strict for a few days not to gain weight, which I'll them choose to ignore anyway. I also have this bizarre habit of thinking 'I can cheat and eat shite if I do a few days of this healthy eating' but the whole time I know that I'm only cheating myself anyway and these thoughts are the reason I can't drop to a healthy weight and stay there.

16 hours ago, MungoChutney said:

Where I really get what you're saying though is the thought process on food. I spend almost all day every day analysing what I've eaten and where I might need to be really strict for a few days not to gain weight, which I'll them choose to ignore anyway. I also have this bizarre habit of thinking 'I can cheat and eat shite if I do a few days of this healthy eating' but the whole time I know that I'm only cheating myself anyway and these thoughts are the reason I can't drop to a healthy weight and stay there.

Yeah, that's a killer. Often think I need a bloody shrink to sort my head out. It's a complete abandoning of willpower. It's not like you don't know what you're doing. You know it's wrong, you know you'll regret it and do it anyway. Thanks for replying, hope you get sorted yourself.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:16 AM, quote the raven said:

The actual fuck..

i took most of the summer holidays off. That’s still a quite unacceptable weight gain. 

Only one way to go from here 

9B907CBE-0EDE-448C-9A14-E50FE83BAB6B.jpeg

2.2 kgs in 5 days going to push for 3 by the first week 

53676EE6-2049-458B-B46E-023044AF46F9.jpeg

Edited by quote the raven