The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

Thanks, guys. I have to provide samples, go for a health check up etc. Tomorrow morning's first trip to the bathroom will be interesting, anyway. 

He's also given me numbers so I can contact the sleep service as they're usually in touch with me around this time of year to service my CPAP machine, and a number to chase up the Autism Service as he thought their waiting list was a year, and I've been waiting for 2. Fun. I almost feel like a proper adult. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

Samples have been delivered. I've got my health checkup a week on Monday, so should know more about a week or so after that. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

I cheated weight in just to see how it’s going after 5 days. Happy to be on track for 6 or possible 7lbs this week

Is there a typo in there,  QTR? it doesn't make sense to me. Would like to add "good work" but I'm not sure if you're saying that's genuine!

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, quote the raven said:

Cheated as in didnt wait the full 7 days, That does actually read that i cheated the weight machine, i assure you i didnt grab a random slightly smaller guy for the photo

I see. Yeah, I thought you were standing on one leg or something! Well done. Keep it up when it levels out, which it always does after you've lost that initial bloat.

• Paid Members

I've been off work sick this week after a bout of projectile vomiting at the weekend. My GP also did the blood tests, and this morning I got a call back as my blood sugar is "rather high". I'm off to the surgery at 12.

EDIT: As suspected its the diabetes. Fortunately it's type 2, so can be managed by my eating and drinking more sensibly. I now have to reassess all my eating habits. My grocery shopping bill is either going to get a lot more expensive or a lot cheaper. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Right. I have decided it's time to make some much needed lifestyle changes. I've ballooned to a little over 20 stone in weight. I suffered a spinal cord injury in 2013 and I simply can't continue to carry this amount of weight. I've reached the stage of feeling sluggish, tired all the time and I don't like how I look or feel.

I don't want to call it a diet because I want to make slight changes that I can carry on throughout the rest of my life.

Going to cut out takeaways and eating rubbish, cut the size of meal portions, make healthier food choices and exercise on a regular basis.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Brock Goldberg said:

Right. I have decided it's time to make some much needed lifestyle changes. I've ballooned to a little over 20 stone in weight. I suffered a spinal cord injury in 2013 and I simply can't continue to carry this amount of weight. I've reached the stage of feeling sluggish, tired all the time and I don't like how I look or feel.

I don't want to call it a diet because I want to make slight changes that I can carry on throughout the rest of my life.

Going to cut out takeaways and eating rubbish, cut the size of meal portions, make healthier food choices and exercise on a regular basis.

I need to do the same. I'm sure you'll manage it. 

11 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I've been off work sick this week after a bout of projectile vomiting at the weekend. My GP also did the blood tests, and this morning I got a call back as my blood sugar is "rather high". I'm off to the surgery at 12.

EDIT: As suspected its the diabetes. Fortunately it's type 2, so can be managed by my eating and drinking more sensibly. I now have to reassess all my eating habits. My grocery shopping bill is either going to get a lot more expensive or a lot cheaper. 

Type 1 here so not quite the same, but feel free to drop me a PM if you need any advice. I’m insulin dependent but I’ve made quite a few changes to my diet since my diagnosis, so I may be able to offer some help!

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Slapnut said:

Type 1 here so not quite the same, but feel free to drop me a PM if you need any advice. I’m insulin dependent but I’ve made quite a few changes to my diet since my diagnosis, so I may be able to offer some help!

Thank you. I'm just trying to figure out what to buy when I do my food shop this afternoon. 

2 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Started the Couch to 5k thing this week. I'm so out of shape I couldnt complete the first run, until today! It's such a small achievement, but I'm well proud of myself. At the start of the year I weighed 20 stone and hadnt done any exercise in 8 years. 

Well done!  If you get towards the goal by the summer, I recommend Park Runs.  You can walk it if you want to, and there are people of all ages, shapes and fitness levels helping each other round.  It's really great.