The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

Been there myself spider rick. I'm sure you'll do better than me, but I put on some beef when it happened. I guess the trick is not to get too disheartened, but you probably already know this.

Good job on the continued weight loss. You'll soon be ready to challenge for dear Butch's most handsome man of the UKFF title.

• Paid Members

Not sure if the right thread but I’m currently in the hospital with Kidney Stones.

Hurt so much this morning I would have welcomed Death’s sweet embrace. 

Better now after having a suppository. Happy Valentines.

• Paid Members

After dealing with a massive ruckus in my home life back in December, I am now comfortable enough to the hit the gym again.

I started again this morning and I'm really pissed off at how much progress I've lost in two months. I could only manage two 10 minute runs before calling it quits, whereas my last session had me knocking out 10K in three 18 minute spurts. Crazy how much you suck at something after you've left it for a relatively short time. I've also visibly noticed that I've put back on some of the poundage that I worked so hard to lose. Double bubble.

Edited by Accident Prone

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Beautiful day today so got out on the big wheels with a mate around Cardiff / Taff Trail. Never skated distance outdoor, but it was great fun. 20190227_152909.thumb.jpg.dc790a2fd0045bc800aef50c41391604.jpgIMG_20190227_150254_875.thumb.jpg.bac19fd8bfe69ccec06d45015130a950.jpgIMG_20190227_150254_872.thumb.jpg.81e455b35eb76d3d3abe72c324afc1b2.jpgIMG_20190227_150254_880.thumb.jpg.c4cebb1cae5b5e195a4e54bcac12bbc8.jpgIMG_20190227_150254_881.thumb.jpg.4837f4ac745d4a9d4c3b1b526784cd1b.jpg

Stunning day today. My feet are in fucking agony now though. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

You've nothing to be embarrassed about apart from seemingly having more than one of those mirrors with that dodgy frame in your house.

Moved house! And it was left to the wife by her dead Nan you heartless bastard. 😆

Started week 3 of couch to 5k last night. I've been hovering around the 18 stone mark for a few years now, gut and moobs being my biggest problem so hoping that taking up running and eating better will help me shift the excess. Got a goal of November as we're going on holiday so should be more than enough time. Not got a weight in mind but I'd like to get down to a large shirt from and xxl and in to a 36 or 38 jean from a 40. I've started walking more and I've even agreed to try yoga at home with the wife.

This is all fairly terrifying for someone who isn't remotely sporty but I'm feeling motivated and I'm actually enjoying going for a run in an evening and then looking forward to the next one.

Nice one Rick!

I got shot of almost three stone between July and Christmas, after being made redundant. Now the money is running out, I have put a stone and a half back on, largely through stress-eating. Am absolutely gutted. Started back on cardio today, but it feels like I'm back to square one. 😔

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, AshC said:

Nice one Rick!

I got shot of almost three stone between July and Christmas, after being made redundant. Now the money is running out, I have put a stone and a half back on, largely through stress-eating. Am absolutely gutted. Started back on cardio today, but it feels like I'm back to square one. 😔

That's hard. I had a very stressful December due to my missus being ill and work piling up and had my first gains since i started this putting nearly a stone on. Same reason, just eating shit for comfort. Once I got back to weighing in regularly and getting back to the gym and football it came off again. Good luck with it. Do you do any weigh in at WW, Slimming World, etc? Might help focus you?