The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

That’s really good going, that’s over half a stone. What are you constituting as exercise? Specific activity or being generally active (walking etc)?

Something above the norm for me. An hour's football, an hour at gym, a run or a really long walk, for example. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I'm going to sign up to a gym this week for the first time ever. I'm also writing it here so I really have to now. 

And I’ve quoted you now so you can’t edit it and pretend you never said it! 

Good luck man. I hope you find one that you like.

• Awards Moderator
1 minute ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Dammit! But thanks, sort of. 

I had a gym in the building of my last job so it was easy. I've actually got to make an effort now. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Dammit! But thanks, sort of. 

I had a gym in the building of my last job so it was easy. I've actually got to make an effort now. 

Gotchya, my favourite Gym from years back was a bit of a meat heads gym, friendly & helpful meat heads, but they all seemed to be training for an imaginary West End of Newcastle’s Strongest man competition. Big lads, but it was strangely really comfortable and no one ever looked twice at me, which was my very initial concern (feeling out of place). Tgat feeling passed during the first session.

I was an average build back then, gained a lot of sensible weight through weight training, but then stoped weight training and I kept the weight and calorie intake, not quite as sensible. Hence my wish to lose weight now.

What’s you aim Onyx? Are you wanting to get in to weight training, cardio or a bit of general fitness?

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

What’s you aim Onyx? Are you wanting to get in to weight training, cardio or a bit of general fitness?

I don't care about other people in the gym. I've got my thing to do, I'll get my head down. 

I want to shift bulk (also to stop looking like the Plusnet guy). Fitting in exercise had always been difficult for me, I'm out of the house 11 hours a day and I struggle to fit in any kind of activity once dinner's done. I always walk a lot at lunch time but if I don't get out of breath then there's no net loss for me. I'm hoping 2 gyms per week and an exercise bike session is a start. 

Genuinely @tiger_rickis an inspiration. And the fucker still bakes! 

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I don't care about other people in the gym. I've got my thing to do, I'll get my head down. 

I want to shift bulk (also to stop looking like the Plusnet guy). Fitting in exercise had always been difficult for me, I'm out of the house 11 hours a day and I struggle to fit in any kind of activity once dinner's done. I always walk a lot at lunch time but if I don't get out of breath then there's no net loss for me. I'm hoping 2 gyms per week and an exercise bike session is a start. 

Genuinely @tiger_rickis an inspiration. And the fucker still bakes! 

Spot on mate. Well, I’m up for posting progress, good and bad if others fancy doing it too? Might be a bit of inspiration when we’re feeling low or defeated. 

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Spot on mate. Well, I’m up for posting progress, good and bad if others fancy doing it too? Might be a bit of inspiration when we’re feeling low or defeated. 

When I typed that I thought about some sort of big boy weigh in. Great minds! 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

When I typed that I thought about some sort of big boy weigh in. Great minds! 

I did a topless side on mirror photo last night. Jesus, that was grim, but a visual aid of why I need to sort shit out. 

Phone hackers wouldn’t bother that’s for sure, not yet anyway. We’ll see what happens in 6 months.

#focus #pronhubleak #determination 

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Had a really positive week this week.

I’m avoiding the scales and tape measure until end of the month. But I’ve walked 10,000 steps on average every day, since last Sunday.

I’ve eaten Meat, Salad, Fish, Nuts/Seeds & Green Veg. 1 or 2 dressing ommisions, but not bad over all.

Circuits was on Wednesday, which simply running and squats for 40 mins. 

Boxing was on Thursday and I was really happy to get back in to it. It’s been too long, but yeah, I’m really pleased with myself this week, not often I get that feeling if I’m honest.

Applied for a new job too, need to get out of my line of work due to its effects on mood.

• Paid Members

Good on you Kaz. 

I had my first proper good run this morning, at least since starting again recently. Did about 5 miles or so around the canals in the local area between 9:00 and 9:45 and it was marvellous. I've knocked the fags on the head again and have been coughing shit up the past few days, but that's a positive. Going to the pub tonight, but actually feel like I have earned it, especially as I've drank very little this week. 

Will definitely sign up for a few 10k's and half marathons when I next get paid and I'm also joining one of the local running clubs next week. I forgot how much I enjoy all of this. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Cracking effort Gus. I really don’t miss the morning tar fest when I gave up smoking. It was so shit, but as you say, absolutely a good thing. I had about 5 vape/mods around the house (have that up a while back too) and a few random people on twitter have spoken about stopping smoking, so I’ve slowly been shopping them off.

Anyway, looking forward to the week ahead, more circuits & boxing and hope to get a game of squash in too. 

• Paid Members

I've been rubbish maintaining the diet over the last 5 years. In 2013 I was the heaviest I'd ever been at a meaty 16 stone, but over the next 18 months I managed to diet down to just under 11 and a half stone - I was amazed at how much fat I managed to shred, you know, eating good food and doing a bit of exercise. I've gone up and down since then.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm up about 7 lbs since Christmas. I got right fat last year after achieving my target weight in March, so spent the winter slowly shaving off the pounds. Basically, I need to lose at least a stone and a half to be content with my body weight. Also, make sure I don't get complacent when I get there; a terrible habit of getting complacent and ballooning up again.

Dad bod no more.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

That’s an amazing loss of weight previously man. My super comfortable weight is 13st. It just looks righ on my frame. So I need to get rid of 2 stone and hope to do this by Easter.

You’ve done it once before so defo have the ability to do it again. For me it’s all about having a strict as fuck month, and if I’ve seen some positive loss, I’ll adapt from there.

Apart from drinking enough water, I’m really bad at picking unhealthy versions of healthy food. So if I had a choice of chicken breast pieces, or chicken tikka pieces, I’m an idiot. That’s the bit I have to focus on over the next week.

• Awards Moderator
On 1/7/2019 at 10:28 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

I signed up. Haven't actually gymmed but that's obstacle 1 down.