The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

I caved in and weighed myself after a week of activity and good food. (At least 10k steps a day, meat, fish, green veg, 1x boxing and 1x circuits).

Lost 7lbs this week. Happy with that. Need to keep this momentum!

Just to add, defo not feeling hungry either.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

Thanks for sharing Rick.

Are you legit not having any dinner tea some days? Given you're playing  football are you not Hank Marvin after that?

Yeah, I normally go to bed early and read or watch telly because if I'm downstairs, I'll snack. It depends when I had lunch too. Last Friday I didn't get lunch til about half two so that wasn't too bad.

• Paid Members

Despite knowing how it would affect me mentally decided to weigh myself this morning and find out I've put on two stone in six months and none of it good.

Considering how labour intensive my job is and how much I walk every day its even  more troubling for my brain when I hardly like eating (love the process of cooking but mainly for others) yet as soon as I do its putting on such a heavy weight gain.

Probably going to spend the next few days now meticulously planning every calorie until I get to a point I can shift the weight and not further damage my self confidence or anxiety any further.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, ColinBollocks said:

Good luck, mate. Although if I was to offer some advice, I'd drop the Special K in the morn and have some scrambled egg or boiled egg. Much better for you.

I have breakfast at work so it's normally cereals or porridge. Special K is just what I'm haivng at the moment. Was on Bran flakes previously.

I've started running again after about 2 years. I usually get bored after a month or two and that'll be it for a while. How can I keep the motivation going? I'm thinking about setting a few targets, like trying to do 100 runs this year, gradually increasing distance up to 10k. Are there any apps that can help you manage that whilst tracking progress? I used to have miCoach but no idea if it's still a thing. 

• Awards Moderator

20190115_232941.jpg.584bb7e68061f624ddc0d241c578bef0.jpg

I gymmed. 

I was given a pretty tailored workout by a PT (I didn't ask for it, it just happened) who set up a routine of jogging, weights and floor exercises for me. I wouldn't have chosen to do weights - I thought those were for posey types just looking to get meaty (prejudice all mine), or for fit people looking to tone up. But she explained that the building of muscle forces you to work harder to burn energy. Good tip. She left all the exercises on my own sheet for me to tick off each time. 

I nearly enjoyed it. Just need to make it routine...