The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

Been told by my consultant that exercise will cure my ailments (stress mainly). I'm struggling to find time with work and a new addition to the family but know that I need to do something. 

At this stage I'm ruling out running (I regularly experience gout - yay for Tudor diets) and live near too many of my students... Cycling is a no go for my inability to ride properly. 

Any suggestions for exercises that can reduce stress whilst also being time efficient would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

I've just started exercising again for the first time since my daughter was born in Feb. Signed up to a local gym and alternating evenings with my wife after the little one has gone to bed. It means we have a bit less alone time together which sucks, as that is scarce as it is, but I feel really good for it. My body has been a wreck lately and I've been feeling it.

• Paid Members

Since getting back into trick skating again and becoming obsessed, I've decided that I want to spend sometime out in nature and on the trails exercising.

I'm in the process of putting together a new skate for this purpose. Got myself some hard boots and a massive Tri frame with 110mm wheels which are twice the size of what I'm used to. A few of the people I skate with are already into this so I'm looking forward to getting Winter over with so I can get some miles outside under my belt. 

Screenshot_2018-11-17-12-28-22.png