The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

49 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I get that, but the classes I've been to are "right, let's fucking go!" with no intro to what you're doing. The timings are tricky for me too so I either do the app or don't go at all! 

I can't lie, it's difficult to really give new starters a proper feel for what they're getting themselves into. I'll always ask if there's anyone new in class, and if so I've got like 20 seconds to give them a brief overview of what they're about to do, but it in no way really gives them a flavour of what they're about to do! I suppose with most group exercise classes is that fact that it's repetitive, so even if you are new and don't get it right the first time, in that track there will always be another opportunity to try again.

• Paid Members

Been on a nose dive the last 2 weeks. I’ve been ill, as has my boxing coach, so 2 weeks of no training has meant a holiday from everything including diet.

I need to change my all or nothing attitude.

I’ve hovered at 14st for 3 months now, however, I’m adding muscle. I’m up by 4lbs since I last went boxing, but that’s mainly crisps & bread.

Anyway, back at circuits tonight. I’m in that ‘can’t wait, but dreading it’ zone.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Feel you pain, Kaz. I've had a crap couple of weeks. Had a lovely embarassing operation that left me unable to exercise and feeling sorry for myself so have been eating shite. Did buy some new kecks in a size 38 inch which probably makes some people wince but is the smallest I've been since about 97. That's given me a bit of a boost and reminder of what I've done so far (I was wearing 54 inch shorts early last year).

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Feel you pain, Kaz. I've had a crap couple of weeks. Had a lovely embarassing operation that left me unable to exercise and feeling sorry for myself so have been eating shite. 

Human centepede? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I have barely done and exercise over the last 16 months since my daughter was born and I finally had a wake up call last week when I went to try on my suits for a couple weddings I had to go to and found that I couldn't fit properly into anything I owned. I had to buy new trousers that are a much bigger size than anything I've ever worn. Fuck this, I need to get healthy again! I've had a gym membership that I've barely used because it's so difficult to work it into my routine with the kid.

I really do want to exercise but would find it much easier if I could do it whenever I want. I've cleared out the garage and bought some of that foam / rubber matting to cover the floor with and am going to make a little exercise space (got a mate coming at the weekend to help me set up as I need a second pair of hands).

Going to try to check in to this thread from time to time to keep me motivated... Really want to hit it hard and get some momentum up!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Awards Moderator
36 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Maybe TMI but not arsed (pun intended), but I have a particularly nasty case of the Farmer Giles at the moment.

Any sure fire solutions as I don’t want to show my doctor to be honest

Preparation H gel. Not fun to apply but works in a day or two. Available at any Boots or larger supermarket.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Good luck, @Chest Rockwell Excercise will obviously help. Drink lots of water too. It's magic stuff.

Thanks Rick. I think the exercise is the big difference maker for me. My diet is actually pretty healthy now as our planning is better and we have more of a routine, but I do find when I'm exercising I just want to eat healthier food. They seem to go hand in hand well.

• Moderators
Just now, SuperBacon said:

Cheers all. I heard baths help as well so I’m going to try that for a bit before I start the creams.

My ex said that I should fill a rubber glove with water, freeze it, then just push it back in. Reckon she’s trolling me tbh 😂

Definitely get the cream. It works really quickly. Don't fuck about with the home remedies (I mean, do them by all means and hopefully they will help, but don't expect them to work on their own).