Ridiculous ways wrestling has worked itself into your everyday life

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator
I used to have a nice long corridor to my office that offered plenty of privacy, where I perfected my Ric Flair strut or my Vince McMahon huge balls walk.

I thought the whole thread was going to go without one of these. I love a good McMahon flounce. A colleague and I used to have the odd walk-off.

Had my first day casual teaching last Friday, and I got to live out my lifelong dream of incorporating wrestling catchphrases into classroom instruction. I was about to take them out to sport, and casually asked, "Are you ready?" Very little reaction. I couldn't help it then. "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, I said are...you...ready?" Big pop, never seen kids get more hyped for a game of football.

Luckily, the kids thought I was awesome, and in addition to telling me I was the best teacher they'd had, said I'd also make a great announcer/commentator. Don't think I could have lived it down if they thought I was a total dickhead.

Had my first day casual teaching last Friday, and I got to live out my lifelong dream of incorporating wrestling catchphrases into classroom instruction. I was about to take them out to sport, and casually asked, "Are you ready?" Very little reaction. I couldn't help it then. "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, I said are...you...ready?" Big pop, never seen kids get more hyped for a game of football.

Luckily, the kids thought I was awesome, and in addition to telling me I was the best teacher they'd had, said I'd also make a great announcer/commentator. Don't think I could have lived it down if they thought I was a total dickhead.

Dude, I used to be a DT teacher in secondary school and after I'd told a year 11 class the difference between thermoplastics and thermosetting plastics one kid quite innocently said "Really?" and without thinking I replied "Oh It's true, It's damn true" I got ripped for liking wrestling. "Arr Sir but that's fake/gay!!"

Maybe subconsciously, this might be the reason I now teach primary school. haha I do sneak in wrestling catchphrases too. Just recently, I've had multiple choice questions on the board and asked a kid to come up and pick the correct answer. I asked the class "is he/she right?" and I have them point up and say "YES" or cross their arms in and out and say "NO"

Edited by Slapnuts

• Paid Members

Was the Miz's "Really?" tic common before he started using it? I've found myself doing that quite often.

Dude, I used to be a DT teacher in secondary school and after I'd told a year 11 class the difference between thermoplastics and thermosetting plastics one kid quite innocently said "Really?" and without thinking I replied "Oh It's true, It's damn true" I got ripped for liking wrestling. "Arr Sir but that's fake/gay!!"

Maybe subconsciously, this might be the reason I now teach primary school. haha I do sneak in wrestling catchphrases too. Just recently, I've had multiple choice questions on the board and asked a kid to come up and pick the correct answer. I asked the class "is he/she right?" and I have them point up and say "YES" or cross their arms in and out and say "NO"

I work in a school in Vietnam and the kids occasionally do the yes yes yes or no no no which gets the opposite back from me. I also had to teach sports vocab to some teens the other day and did a "guess what sport they play" warm up exercise. Had to finish with a fantastic posed picture of Warrior. they had no idea who he is though

Got great pleasure a few months ago at a school I work in which was having a cultural fair and they had on the USA stall a cena and punk cap. Got the kid who brought them shit scared when I questioned him on what they were about who was who. What they did etc only to turn around and say actually I know ive seen them both live and shaken hands with punk before he was in WWE. Most impressed anyone has ever been by the Wrestlers ive me

• 1 year later...