wordsfromlee Posted May 18 Posted May 18 On 5/16/2026 at 7:34 PM, Thunderplex said: I think he may live in Manchester as I saw him at the Bryan Adams concert here last year. I think he lives in Cornwall now but he spent a long time living in Manchester. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted May 26 Paid Members Posted May 26 Mel Giedroyc with her husband in Charing Cross station. She was wearing a very cool Jaws T-shirt. Billy Bragg, at a veggie Indian street food place before his gig at the Vauxhall tavern last Thursday. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 9 Members Posted June 9 It's not really a spot as I know he owns it, but Pete, who was one half of The Artful Dodger, owns an excellent coffee shop/roastery in the village my kids live in. He served me today and I was wearing my Tribe Called Quest hoodie and he started chatting to me about having The Low End Theory on vinyl and seeing them back in the day, which was nice but I was in a rush to drop my eldest to her history exam. Yes, he should've called it The Artful Roaster and no I've never asked if he does 'Re-refills' (when the crowd say bo, Cortaaaado) Excellent place, in Botley, Hampshire if you're ever that way. Has a record player in the store and you're welcome to put something on if you're sitting in. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 9 Paid Members Posted June 9 1 hour ago, SuperBacon said: Botley, Hampshire Mention of this place caused some dusty old neurone to fire in my head, and I remembered it as one of the entries in The Meaning of Liff: "Botley (n.) - The prominent stain on a man's trouser crotch seen on his return from the lavatory. A botley proper is caused by an accident with the push taps, and should not be confused with any stain caused by insufficient waggling of the willy." Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 9 Members Posted June 9 10 minutes ago, Carbomb said: Mention of this place caused some dusty old neurone to fire in my head, and I remembered it as one of the entries in The Meaning of Liff: "Botley (n.) - The prominent stain on a man's trouser crotch seen on his return from the lavatory. A botley proper is caused by an accident with the push taps, and should not be confused with any stain caused by insufficient waggling of the willy." Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted June 26 Paid Members Posted June 26 Petr Cech outside Gail's on the King's Road necking a massive iced coffee. Gutted he wasn't wearing his scrum cap. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted June 26 Paid Members Posted June 26 1 hour ago, Gus Mears said: Petr Cech outside Gail's on the King's Road necking a massive iced coffee. Gutted he wasn't wearing his scrum cap. I'm not sure how you recognised him without it to be honest. Quote
Rockbus2 Posted June 27 Posted June 27 On 6/9/2026 at 1:23 PM, SuperBacon said: He served me today and I was wearing my Tribe Called Quest hoodie and he started chatting to me about having The Low End Theory on vinyl and seeing them back in the day, To my shame I only discovered just how good that record was a couple of years ago through a really lovely little rom com called Rye Lane about a girl and a guy she's just met going on a mission to get her copy back from her ex. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted June 27 Moderators Posted June 27 (edited) Rye Lane was great! I went in with minimal expectations just happy to see an area I used to live in on film and it was actually a really nice little movie. Edited June 27 by Chest Rockwell Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 27 Paid Members Posted June 27 Yeh, that's a lovely film. Underrated cinematography - gave the settings a dream-like quality. Quote
CAREBEAR LUVVA Posted June 27 Posted June 27 Yesterday I saw one of the Cheeky Girls texting while driving. She sells cars for a living these days, so you'd think she'd know better. Seems like it's one rule for internationally renowned Transylvanian pop stars, and another for the rest of us. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted June 29 Paid Members Posted June 29 On 6/27/2026 at 10:50 PM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said: Yesterday I saw one of the Cheeky Girls texting while driving. She sells cars for a living these days, so you'd think she'd know better. Seems like it's one rule for internationally renowned Transylvanian pop stars, and another for the rest of us. I hope you put your foot through the dashboard and sent Lembit Opek the bill. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 15 Awards Moderator Posted July 15 Simon Callow, wearing an excellent blue Hawaiian style shirt, having a look round a local heritage site. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.