The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I just don't really understand the booking logic that says before you propel someone to the main event scene, they should lose at Wrestlemania.

You could have ran that angle last night in almost exactly the same way. Would anyone not buy Jericho losing at Mania, only for him to come out the next night and still demand a title shot because he wants to show he's still the best?!

Anyway, I like the result. Once they announced Cesaro (fuck you Cesaro, and your shitty sunglasses) I had AJ down as the 4th most likely to win that match, so it was a nice surprise. They're going to need something more up their sleeve for the next PPV though, as Roman Reigns (who the fans despise) vs AJ Styles (who, to my surprise, the fans don't seem that fussed by) isn't a very impactful main event.

Enzo was great.

Other than that, my overriding thoughts were that the show was light on stars and the crowd felt as if they knew they were expected to be wacky, but really couldn't be bothered.

They have to turn Roman, though. His heat is toxic and he has no idea to work with it. Him smirking at AJ and Zayn like 'yeah, on your bike boys' and trying to shew Zayn away like a rat made him look a right cunt. And, his 'I'm not a bad guy...' line would have been cool, except he borrowed it from Michael Cole, who used it the night before.

I tell you what, though. If you've got free reign to go shopping in NXT and all you come back with is Apollo Crews, Baron Corbin and the Vaudevillains, then I'd suggest you hire a personal shopper (I'm excusing Enzo and Cass, because their debut was great). It really does make you wonder what Vince and his mates really make of NXT. Apollo Crews looks a million dollars but has the personality of a poundshop coupon; Baron Corbin had just turned a corner in his development, but was nowhere near ready and the Vaudevillains can just fuck off.

Actually, I'm not convinced Roman/AJ ever makes it to PPV.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vince says next week 'Shane's a goof. I never sanctioned that match. But, have it tonight on Raw' and they then put someone with Reigns they have a modicum of faith in.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they ran it next week and Jericho costs AJ the match, and they end up having a rubber match.

• Paid Members

What the fuck was that? Apart from the debut of three acts who are mid-card even in NXT, it was same old. (Enzo & Cass were great though)

Where on earth did Shane McMahon go after he was put in control? Why did Styles lose at Mania if he was going to be #1 contender? Who the fuck thought taking Sami Zayn out of the 4-way to replace him with Cesaro was a good idea? Baffling.

I did adore that Ryder's one day IC Title reign was ended by The Miz. That was the ultimate act of status quo but The Miz is such a cunt, you can't help but enjoy him.

The commentary throughout was abysmal. The opening where they pretended to love the crazy post-WM crowd was skin-crawly. Then the faux excitement over each debut and vignette was terrible. These three fuckers cannot sell this stuff. Nothing they say sounds genuine. No-one they champion sounds cool.

Praying that Roman playing up to the boos and the next challenger being AJ means a slow burn heel turn. Fuck all else came out of this.

Oh, surely the brand split is coming now? Shane being "in charge", all these debuts and the rebirth of chumps like Ryder and the Colons screams roster expansion right?

Edited by tiger_rick

I genuinely blurted out 'eurgh' when Cesaro's music hit.

I fucking hate him and his massive nipples. He's the vacuum that envelopes charisma vacuums. His gimmicked suit looked ridiculous, he looked like a bouncer up in court on an assault charge.

His fucking stupid 'seen the Matrix mate?' sunglasses were even worst. You're inside you big nippled cunt. And, once he whipped off his gimmicked suit like a boring stripper that'd put to sleep even the most keen of vaginas, he kept his fucking glasses on.

I want him to fuck off forever.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I'm agreeing with Rick, I think a brand split is coming.

Loved the Enzo/Big Cass debut.

Raw needs a strong commentary team, love or hate JR, he made matches/feuds mean so much more. I guess Vince and Co have to take some of the blame if not most of it because they control the output but it's just woeful.

JBL grates and Saxton offers nothing.

If a brand split happens I'm on team Smackdown purely due to the announce team.

• Awards Moderator

The strong rumour Zayn did his shoulder in again on the dive though, hence being taken out the main event with the angle, that could be devastating for him.

He had two tough matches this weekend. This way he appears to be in top title contention but the Owens feud is continued (intensified! "You cost me a title shot!"). Pretty smart booking.

He doesn't really appear to be in top title contention, does he? When his music hit Reigns laughed, and when he got to the apron Roman shew'd him away like a 12 year old girl who'd walked in on her parents having sex.

• Paid Members

JBL grates and Saxton offers nothing.

If a brand split happens I'm on team Smackdown purely due to the announce team.

There are so many myths pedalled about WWE that it's often hard to decipher stuff but Saxton being on the announce team purely because he's "diverse" makes perfect sense. Didn't he do the whole of Moania, kick off show and all? He's fucking terrible. And he must be the least charismatic black man in America. Can't they train up R-Truth?

He doesn't really appear to be in top title contention, does he? When his music hit Reigns laughed, and when he got to the apron Roman shew'd him away like a 12 year old girl who'd walked in on her parents having sex.

Yeah but Roman's a cunt now so it's all good. Onyx is right though, it adds fuel to the fire of the Owens/Zayn story which really needs some. Can't just piggy back a programme from a show hardly anyone watches a year ago.

• Paid Members

Did anyone notice when Roman said the line about 'being THE man' Vinces voice seemed to come down the headset saying 'I like that'. I thought I was imagining things, so went back and it turned out to be JBL. The voice is uncanny.

• Paid Members

THAT’S a Reigns I can get behind! And please lord, if our relationship progresses over the coming months, I wouldn’t mind his getting behind me.

It was a decent enough Raw. Wasn’t as mental as we’re used to with regards to post Mania Raws, but it did the job, and I enjoyed it...truth be known.

Also, Dazzlers seeting hatred of Cesaro is brilliant!

Chad Gable and Jason Jordan chants...

Michael Cole: "The crowd are chanting we want tables"

Just fuck off with this shit.

From the table match ending to Lillian announcing an intercontinental title match before anyone was supposed to know about it and the commentators treating people watching like cunts all night.

Awful, just awful

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

The strong rumour Zayn did his shoulder in again on the dive though, hence being taken out the main event with the angle, that could be devastating for him.

He had two tough matches this weekend. This way he appears to be in top title contention but the Owens feud is continued (intensified! "You cost me a title shot!"). Pretty smart booking.

Plus, there's no way Cesaro was a last minute chance replacement. They knew he'd get a massive pop from that crowd (who all think he should be the world champion anyway), so the whole Zayn 'injury' was clearly to set up for that moment.

I'd assume Shane did'nt have anything planned or ready for Raw since he lost, they should've played on that and made it a more unpredictable and erratic

I liked it otherwise, lots of nxt call ups, AJ no.1 contender, Cesaro back 

No Ambrose, wonder if he was selling the beating or is he in the shit as someone mentioned in mania thread?

A slow before snapping turn for Reigns could be great

I'd have liked Balor Club or more of an angle to come out of Raw rather than slot new names in without much to do, least it'll freshen up Raw/SD and nxt