The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

The Eva Marie situation with her being added to the face Divas team seems similar to when The Miz was added to the face team in one of those multi man tag teams at a previous 'Mania. She's clearly being portrayed as a heel trying to act like a babyface, especially seeing as she was pushed away by the other face Divas.

I was hoping for Dana to accompany Emma to the ring.

Am thinking Lesnar/Ambrose will steal the show and feature lots of blood and plunder.

Shane will probably take a big bump at HIAC and win (shudder!)

HHH/Reigns will drag on WAY too long - have a feeling The Rock might be involved in some way.

Ladder match will be the usual - 5 guys laying around until it's their turn to do something while 2 guys do a spot. 

AJ/Jericho should be the wrestling match of the show. Styles goes over.

More and more matches seem to be getting added to the pre-show too - its farcical. 
Apparently 4 matches have now been announced for the pre-show - the Andre battle royal, the 10-Diva tag, Usos v Dudleys and Ryback v Kalisto

I expect the Eva Marie situation is nothing more than a storyline on Total Divas.

The current season's finale will be her walking into a coveted WrestleMania slot and the other Divas being pissed off about it having been on the road all year.

Then the week after WM32 her and Emma will be back on NXT and it will all be forgotten about. Lana being an in-ring competitor will probably be the only change to the status quo.

This was first raw I've watched since November, I've never watched total divas, but I still got why Eva Marie's on the face team by their response to her.

• Paid Members

Eva either gets a shit-kicking from the babyfaces when its her fault they lose, or gets the pin for her team and gets loads of heat. Either way, it will be great. I never dreamed "being shit" could become a character, but it's done wonders for her.

• Paid Members

The Shane/Undertaker stuff was right good. Usually I resent Undertaker when he's doing his world-renowned slow stumbling dead man talk, but that's the most I've enjoyed him talking in years. Shane was competent this week too. Bet their match is brilliant.

Bless Triple H for trying (and he is), but his 'Mania entrance could be him pedigreeing every cruiserweight ever, Ziggler, CM Punk, Eric Cantona, Daniel Bryan's dad etc and they'd still cheer him over Reigns. I suppose the only way he's getting cheered is if he twats Stephanie. Although that's only good for a pop, he's still an abysmal top babyface.

Everything else was as uninspired as the 'Mania card itself. It was only when I got my WWE Network 'Mania Week email did it truly hit what a papered show this is.

• Paid Members

Is Shane going off the cage then? He gave away a giant bump on the go home show, so logic says he's doing something quite mental on Sunday. And Shane is a thill seeker. I could see him doing a stunt off the cage though a few tables or something.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Meltzer said on WOR that WWE expected Eva to get a big baby face reaction. I don't know what they were smoking to think that.

Da Meltz's source have totally worked him if they've fed him that bit of info. There's no way WWE were expecting anything other than disdain from the crowd, which is why they've thrown her into this match in the first place. They're basically replicating her NXT run, where she acted all blue eye for ages from her debut, despite the boos, eventually playing up to it.

I can't believe some haven't grasped it, it's so obvious. I think it's a good bit of booking too be honest. I'd rather see an intriguing angle develop with someone that can potentially be a nuclear-heat generating heel than a pointless nostalgia trip by having Lita or someone in there. Eva is a bloody good heel.

Edit: plus, this multi women match is now no longer a completely pointless and uninteresting waste of a spot on a card, if only to serve as a vehicle for Eva Marie.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

They've pretty much guaranteed Shane is doing something mental, what with them spending the past few weeks showing videos of him falling off high places, Shane remembering his lines about putting his body on the line for the win and, of course, what he did on Raw. McMahon's usually don't shit out of it when it comes to doing something mad for their audience.

I wonder what they'll do for the finish, though. If Shane is winning, you assume someone is turning up to cost Undertaker his career.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Meltzer's had another Aspergers moment there if he genuinely thought the Eva Marie moment was designed to get a big face pop. 

Hey don't tar all of us with that brush, it was obvious to me from the start it was going to be Eva and her being boo'd. It was always going to be Total Divas and tie in the show because of the mainstream press WWE will get this week. Especially as its one of the matches on the USA Network portion of the event. I'm surprised they haven't made more of it with Naomi and Summer being canned in recent years as well from the show, play up the "we deserve the spotlight" moment.