The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

The opening had me laughing out loud at the stupidity of having Shane run this show. So remember next year leading up to Orlando, it's all doesn't matter. He didn't really do anything bar have a few conversations backstage!

A reverse of Raw to Mania with 50/50 booking for AJ. The weird booking from the previous night gave little hope that Vince still hadn't figured it out, and he used the Styles Clash finish, then off air sharpish!

I'd still buy Jericho losing at Mania and coming out to challenge Reigns last night (as Daz commented)

No Cena, Taker, Brock, Ambrose, Hunter and Steph. Ambrose I think should now should take some time off for a few months. He's lost in the shuffle and although I didn't think he's completely fucked. They won't repackage, just have the same crazy bloke when he returns, probably next week.

Cesaro and Jericho could be decent, and thank god they didn't debut Anderson and Gallows

• Paid Members

A dreadful Raw from start to finish barring the Enzo call up and the main event.

The booking made no sense, the debuts weren't Bullet Club, Bailey or Joe like expected but shite like Apollo Crews, and vignettes for Epico and Primo. You had Baron Corbin debut properly and all you could give him after winning the battle royal was a countout draw, fuck off.

Sami Zayn getting took out the main event was baffling, and AJ winning it even moreso. He's not championship level in WWE yet, if ever.

Watched it with two others, one a casual and we all unamimously thought it was shite.

• Paid Members

At least they learned their lesson from last year where they main evented with Kane and Big Show. The main event was a good match, but Cesaro is a loser so it felt like a waste of a spot. You can see what they were going for (that crowd used to love Cesaro), but still bloody Cesaro looking like a knob in his cheap suit.

I suppose we'll see how this plays out, but Styles losing at 'Mania is even more baffling now. Classic WWE logic, really. I suppose it kinda worked because I don't think anybody thought Styles was winning but that's because they fucked with his momentum, a shame because his feud with Jericho was very good up until 'Mania. Be interesting to see how they work with the dynamic.

Reigns was playing cool on Raw and it's easily the best version of him. Him looking on with disdain at Sami Zayn was a brilliant bit of heel work.

Outside of Enzo talking like a real star, it was a fairly average post-Mania show.

I'm not a hater and I always give WWE the benefit of doubt (you will rarely see me criticize Raw) BUT why on earth did Bailey not debut?? It has be the most baffling decision I have seen a while, the crowd were literally waiting for it.

And is Reigns turning heel now? I really hope so, he could be such a hot heel. Also I don't see Reigns v Aj actually making it to the ppv

I'm not a hater and I always give WWE the benefit of doubt (you will rarely see me criticize Raw) BUT why on earth did Bailey not debut?? It has be the most baffling decision I have seen a while, the crowd were literally waiting for it.

And is Reigns turning heel now? I really hope so, he could be such a hot heel. Also I don't see Reigns v Aj actually making it to the ppv

I think that program between Bayley and Asuka is far from over. And there is the potential to have a few more great matches. Plus Sasha hasn't even won the title yet so I don't see the need for Bayley just yet.

My question would be why call up Apollo Crews? He seemed to be going backwards towards the end of the year. Could it be because Ciampa and Gargano finally signed and its a space issue?

I'd have called Joe up. He'd have got a great reaction and while he's not getting any younger he'd make a more than credible opponent for some of the roster.

Edited by stevieg1980

• Paid Members

Well, I enjoyed Raw! Part of my complaint about WrestleMania yesterday was that they didn't finish anything and, by extension, didn't set up anything going forward. This set up everything going forward, and most of the roster have a direction for once.

I am really ill with a sinus infection, though.