The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

I still think of them predominantly as a tag team before thinking of either of them as singles guys.

Considering how many World titles Edge won, that’s a fairly damning indictment of their presentation of the guy and impact of his output on the memory. He went on last at Mania with the Undertaker and everything!

19 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

I think it's karma for his commitment to having the worst hairstyles and beard in wrestling. I don't know if it's just because he's fat and ugly so it's harder to pull stuff off, but man, he should be banned from going to the barbers on his own. I'm worried that any time off will just give him even worse ideas about what hair to have when he comes back.

I haven't watched wwe in years (consistently) but caught the rumble. Damn his hair is the shits. Like a butch little girl!

3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

It's interesting that the WWE nostalgia machine sees Edge as the singles star he became, but the Hardy Boyz as defaulting back to a midcard tag team act.

It’s not that interesting. Matt as a singles wrestler never made it above the level he reached as part of the tag team. Jeff did, but never for long, and he had the same act the whole time anyway - singles Jeff and tag team Jeff is the same Jeff. For both of them, Hardy Boyz era is still the iconic version of the performer (although I personally prefer Matt Hardy v1 over anything else either of them have done).

Edge spent the last five or six years of his career as one of the top main event guys in the industry. He’s known way more as the Rated R Superstar than he is as Christian’s mate. Look at all the crying online about the camera angle missing one of the spears, and the lack of crying about Kevin Dunn pressing play on the Metalingus song rather than the Edge & Christian theme.

• Paid Members

It doesn’t matter if you don’t consider him top tier. He was. He was at the top of the tree multiple times. I don’t think JBL should have been either, but he was and those are facts. You may have enjoyed his Tag run more, but you cannot dent he was a top tier guy.

Yes but Skunk Anansie headlined Glastonbury. Doesn’t put them in the same league as Springsteen or McCartney. 

He was top tier but to me he didn’t feel top tier. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

Edge was the guy you put the belt on once in a while to feed to the real stars but was never the guy you put the belt on to put butts in seats.

Vince having to have a kindly word Edge who was distraught after he found out he was dropping his first title back to Cena, is one of my favourite legends. Hope it's true.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Edge was the guy you put the belt on once in a while to feed to the real stars but was never the guy you put the belt on to put butts in seats.

I don't know if he'd have put butts in seats but that run was still one of the few times Raw ratings have shown an upward trend in the last 19 years. He had something. We'll never know quite what.

28 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yes but Skunk Anansie headlined Glastonbury. Doesn’t put them in the same league as Springsteen or McCartney. 

Skunk Anansie were the best option available for that slot at that time.

See Edge’s title runs as well.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Who said it did? If that was the case Hogan would have been Universal Champion until the racism scandal if it’s purely based on that. People go up the card, people go down. That’s Wrestling for you (or Festival slots)

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Skunk Anansie were the best option available for that slot at that time.

See Edge’s title runs as well.

They were bumped up to headline after the original headliners had to pull out at short notice. So yeah, like Edge I guess. 

41 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Hogan would have been Universal Champion until the racism scandal

Suits me!

I get it, some people like Edge, some don’t. He always felt like a placeholder punching above his weight to me and my opinion makes not a tuppenny fuck in the grand scheme of things. Just like Echobelly. Although I should’ve used Rollins in the analogy because then he’d be the King Of The Curbstomp. 

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Edge never did it for me either. Never felt top tier at all but fine at what he does, even though it isn’t for me. It’s like someone going “OH YAY, ECHOBELLY ARE REFORMING”

King of the Ring, King of the Kerb, it's all good!

EDIT: Just read the rest of the thread!

Edited by AshC