The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

I can't believe that they didn't end the show with the Fiend taking out Austin, would have been perfect.

I was waiting for that but I guess with the show being a lead-in to Austin's show, him standing tall in the middle of the ring giving the rub to a load of "top" guys makes for a better carry over.

Yeah I agree with that bit, just a shame that it's the safe option as always.

Taking out the other chumps like Angle & Foley has been done to death, I think him taking out Austin, especially at MSG would have been really special and would have put him on another level.

Just see it as a missed opportunity. 

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members

(Usual caveat of only watching the supercut.)

I'd imagine that this show would have been a lot of fun as a one-off live experience. Obviously in MSG, red hot start with a big star and a couple of really cracking looking matches.

The presentation still irks me though. I get Michael Cole is a hard working guy who does what he's asked but he's the bastian of inauthentic presentation. I just don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. I've never ragged on Renee Young because she needed time to adjust to this but she's awful. Again, lacks any believability whatsoever. They could pre-record this shit and just pipe it in. As much as I don't like Graves for not committing to being a proper heel commentator, he's the best thing on the announce desk by a million miles just because he sounds like a real person watching the show and commenting on it.

What are they doing with Bayley? They ruined her as a babyface with that run with Sasha. Turned her heel out of nowhere to some intrigue. Then immediately put her back with Sasha when neither needed to be within 500 miles of the other. Then she's losing already because EVERYBODY LOSES. "Hey Vince, why is no-one over?" "Millenials or something"

The opening segment was a proper shit sandwich. You had Austin out to show everyone what a proper star is. then AJ out with his goons to be the very good little shithouse that he is. In the middle, dear god. The second Rollins opens his gob, it sucks the air out of the place. Shoehorning in his (shit) catchphrase for no reason. Squeaking something about Strowman. Again, not authentic, not believable and not good. Strowman is what he is. He looks the part but he talks like the Young Stallions doing a pre-tape for Wrestling Challenge.

Corbin winning was to be expected. In fairness, if someone else is winning KOTR, he's the best person to put them over in the final. King Corbin, Hmm, not sure. He's certainly not as bad as he was.

The ten man tag just showed the lack of depth at the top of the roster. I get what they're going for. If there was ever any interaction between the roster to weave stories and make friends and enemies of multiple people, this could work. As it is, it's just a random selection of guys. Two have been a tag team for about four minutes. Two were heels until last Monday. The guy who is challenging for AJ's title on Sunday wasn't involved. A bit of a mess.

Not criticising anyone's ring work. We know it's solid. Still find the presentation a chore. I'm down to watching the YouTube highlights about 1 week in 4. The rest I just read a report and look for the odd interesting bit on their YouTube channel. I take a lot of the blame for that, I'm too old for this nonsense and should just let it go.

3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

(Usual caveat of only watching the supercut.)

I'd imagine that this show would have been a lot of fun as a one-off live experience. Obviously in MSG, red hot start with a big star and a couple of really cracking looking matches.

The presentation still irks me though. I get Michael Cole is a hard working guy who does what he's asked but he's the bastian of inauthentic presentation. I just don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. I've never ragged on Renee Young because she needed time to adjust to this but she's awful. Again, lacks any believability whatsoever. They could pre-record this shit and just pipe it in. As much as I don't like Graves for not committing to being a proper heel commentator, he's the best thing on the announce desk by a million miles just because he sounds like a real person watching the show and commenting on it.

What are they doing with Bayley? They ruined her as a babyface with that run with Sasha. Turned her heel out of nowhere to some intrigue. Then immediately put her back with Sasha when neither needed to be within 500 miles of the other. Then she's losing already because EVERYBODY LOSES. "Hey Vince, why is no-one over?" "Millenials or something"

The opening segment was a proper shit sandwich. You had Austin out to show everyone what a proper star is. then AJ out with his goons to be the very good little shithouse that he is. In the middle, dear god. The second Rollins opens his gob, it sucks the air out of the place. Shoehorning in his (shit) catchphrase for no reason. Squeaking something about Strowman. Again, not authentic, not believable and not good. Strowman is what he is. He looks the part but he talks like the Young Stallions doing a pre-tape for Wrestling Challenge.

Corbin winning was to be expected. In fairness, if someone else is winning KOTR, he's the best person to put them over in the final. King Corbin, Hmm, not sure. He's certainly not as bad as he was.

The ten man tag just showed the lack of depth at the top of the roster. I get what they're going for. If there was ever any interaction between the roster to weave stories and make friends and enemies of multiple people, this could work. As it is, it's just a random selection of guys. Two have been a tag team for about four minutes. Two were heels until last Monday. The guy who is challenging for AJ's title on Sunday wasn't involved. A bit of a mess.

Not criticising anyone's ring work. We know it's solid. Still find the presentation a chore. I'm down to watching the YouTube highlights about 1 week in 4. The rest I just read a report and look for the odd interesting bit on their YouTube channel. I take a lot of the blame for that, I'm too old for this nonsense and should just let it go.

Who is challenging for AJ's title on Sunday? I must have missed that, I just presumed it was Cedric Alexander.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, The King of Old School said:

Who is challenging for AJ's title on Sunday? I must have missed that, I just presumed it was Cedric Alexander.

No one actually. My Fault, got the midcard belts mixed up. The Miz is challening for the IC Title but Nakamura has it, not AJ.

Who were the heels until last Monday also? Rollins, Braun, Cedric and Viking Raiders haven't changed recently. 

I thought Austin was superb. AJ is also briliant in the after show stuff on YouTube, folk should go watch it. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, FUM said:

Who were the heels until last Monday also? Rollins, Braun, Cedric and Viking Raiders haven't changed recently.

Viking Raiders. Being generous, they might not have actually being designated as anything but last week the jobbers went heel to try and get them any sort of reaction. either way, cold as fuck.

• Paid Members

@tiger_rick nailed it. I care barely watch Raw or Smackdown at the moment and it's entirely down to how inauthentic and overproduced everything feels. AEW coming on the scene has compounded it massively. Even when a promo or some commentary is bad on AEW, at least it still feels like a real human being saying some words out of their own brain. It's fucking relentless hearing Michael Cole and Rene Young's robotic delivery and endless buzzwords. Any momentum or connection characters have is immediately pissed away the moment they get promo time and start talking exactly like everyone else, too. Ricochet was the latest. Even when they realised how fucking great he is and started pushing him, it was all for naught once he was given the same shitty scripting as everyone else.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Cedric must be challenging AJ on sunday. All the titles have to be defended, don’t they? Just like how every match at Extreme Rules has a gimmick.

That’s an 11 match card, minimum! Plus presumably the KOTR final and does Roman have a match? Going to be a long night if they stick to the ‘every title’ rule.

The commentary is utterly awful. As mentioned, Graves at least sounds like he's not a robot. Cole was only good for 2 years in 2002-2004. Since then he's been utterly turgid. There's just no storytelling from them. Renee is lovely, we all know that. but she's not improved at all on commentary. The sooner she goes and has a proper mainstream career presenting the better as her talents are being utterly wasted.

Austin once again stole the show.