The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Decided to watch Raw for once. Pretty shit; no call-ups and no FIEND, but I thought Cedric vs McIntyre was a cracking TV match, probably enjoyed it more than any match on Summerslam or Takeover

Edited by sj5522

Well, at fucking last. Finally, a hot angle and strong challenger that the women's belt badly needed and something that Becky can sink her teeth into. So happy to see Sasha Banks back. And this was The Boss. Not crappy, luchador, babyface Sasha, but The Boss, who was tearing it up on the regular in NXT and looked like an utter star. I get that they'll be reluctant with Sulky Sash but I hope she gets a decent run out of this. They massively dropped the ball with this girl. Stiff, nasty beat down too - these 4HW aren't afraid to take a beating. This was all I wanted. Something to hook me in again. Awesome. 

Poor Nattie though. Home country hero, sobbing her heart out about her dead dad to boos and 'boring' chants. Christ, she's useless. Fingers cross they don't try and shoehorn her into this feud or fuck it up some other way.

The rest of the show gave me some optimism as well.

I had a smile a mile wide when Braun's music hit at the end. It's so good to see Strowman back in a main event position again. He doesn't have to be a side-show freak all his life. I'm worried they're gonna turn him heel and feed him to Seth, which would be the final nail in the coffin for the guy. They should do it the other way round. Seth/Ricochet/Braun vs The OC should be a fun stop gap for a couple of weeks and it's great to see the Good Brothers elevated into a main event spot. Ricochet is such a fucking drip though. God knows why they keep giving him a live mic.

"This is just a flesh wound!". This is easily the best work of Dolph Ziggler's career. Genuinely hilarious.  Sami Zayn's stuff was classic too.

King of the ring is back! I just hope they use this opportunity to build a new heel for the Universal Championship, otherwise it's a waste of time. I'd give it to Drew. Just let him go out there and have good, fun matches that he wins decisively. It'll get him over far more than those boring promos will. Him vs Cedric was class, one of those rare matches with a clean finish that made both guys look strong.

I liked Seth and Becky looking directly down the camera for their promos. It makes all the difference. They should just let the top stars do this. They almost made Seth sound legit. 

Charly Caruso is the best interviewer they've had in ages. Hopefully they can resist sticking her on commentary!

Glad to see the Bliss/Cross pairing get back on track. I LOVE them as a tag team and them holding the belts might mean they'll take it seriously at last. It kills me to see Asuka there though. She's far too fucking good for this awkward, goofy, Kabuki Warriors shit. I'd love it if they gave her 15 minutes with Becky in the coming weeks. That tap out still hangs heavy over Becky's character and they should be giving her all the momentum in the world.

There are of course some moans . .

What is The Miz playing at? The karate punches, the springboard axe handles and the 'Yes' kicks are utterly painful to watch. What a putz. Heel Miz looks like somebody you could slot into the main event picture at any time, but this face version is an embarrassing backyard comedy wreck.

Poor Elias. I could moan about how much his star has fallen, but with performances like that it's easy to see why. I honestly think that guys like him, Strowman and Ryback before them would have been megastars in the past. But they're doomed in the moveszets~, matches, matches, matches era.

Hated the Samoa Joe phantom face turn. They had a chance to refresh the guy there and the crowd wanted it. For fucks sake.

Dunno if it's cos I spent some time away but the commentary was extra insufferable tonight. All three of them are atrocious. Cole's buzzwords and forced nicknames was as overbearing as ever, making everything he talks about uncool and lame by association. Corey was a cunt all night, pouting, bickering and telegraphing match finishes ("there's no way Ziggler taps out, NO WAY!") and Renee generally makes my ears bleed. Just terrible.

Overall the show felt like a push in the right direction as they dig themselves out of the mess they've gotten into. Let's hope it continues.

I don’t think a face turn would go well for Joe right now. As a babyface, his character is basically a fat little Braun Strowman with more movesets and workrates. They struggle to book Braun effectively when there’s only one of him, there’s no way they wouldn’t fuck up two of them on the same brand. I’d move him to SmackDown when the Fox show starts and do it there.

With a man with all his faculties running the company Graves would have been directed to proclaim his love for "the real Sasha Banks" or something along those lines, basically what Lawler would do when someone turned heel in the attitude era. The shite he was spouting last night achieves nothing, as going on about Instagram feuds or whatever doesn't add any heat to her new heel character at all. The whole commentary team is cack and doesn't know when to shut the fuck up and let an angle breathe a bit. Another minor point, but one that annoys me is Sasha should not have been wearing her ring gear, but her normal clothes or a new style or whatever. Something different preferably.

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

4 months away and all she’s done to freshen herself up is dye her hair. You can bet she’s going to wrestle the exact same style she did before as well

Her bottom looked a bit nicer too in fairness, must have been doing more squats or whatever.

Sasha's a completely different animal as a heel. The internet was wanking themselves silly over her NXT run and for good reason. Stomping on fingers and bringing kids to tears, she was legitimately the best heel in the company for a brief period. 

Everything about her return was spot on, I'm willing to forgive her for not changing up her gear. 

Quite sure the blue hair is a weave, too. 

I don't remember one mention of the wildcard rule last night. I'm guessing they've just completely chucked in the brand split now? I know the Kabuki Warriors and Elias are Smackdown. Dolph too I think, but fuck knows. It'll be interesting to see if they do a redraft before Fox.

Glad to see they've given up on the no wrestling during commercials nonsense, the show had a much better flow to it.

I don't wanna see one Moment Of Bliss segment for this Sasha/Becky feud. They're hokey heat death and guaranteed to suck the air out of it.