The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Cena gets beat again. It certainly meant more for Balor to pin Cena than to pin Corbin, but over the past two years Cena's booking has brought him down closer to everyone else's level rather than dragged the others up to the penthouse with John. It's always been such short term thinking. John Cena shouldn't be losing clean on TV matches with no build. Ah well, it'll be a much better match at the Rumble with Finn playing the David role, fighting from underneath, than Lesnar trying to do the same for Strowman. It also means Balor isn't winning the Rumble and being crowned at 'Mania, thankfully. 

If it's true that Lesnar wants to work with Finn, then anyone doubting whether or not Lesnar will put a shift in or not, based on that one Ambrose match, is mad. Lesnar probably didn't give a fuck in that match because Ambrose isn't on his level. Lesnar has had good to great matches on this run with Taker, Cena, HHH, Punk, Orton, Bryan, Styles, Rollins, Reigns, Goldberg and God knows who else. He's had bad matches with Kane, Big Show, Ambrose, Strowman, Joe and Reigns. The bad matches he's had with the last three opponents there were during the point in time that the booking was all about sacrificing dominant looking challengers in order to make Roman stand out more when he went for the belt following Lesbar's dominance. Those matches with Joe and Strowman, whilst not likely to be as good as ones with AJ, or Cena or whoever, were booked in a way that they were going to be a let down no matter what. 

I have to admit I'm now far more interested. I love Braun, but I feel there's more potential with Finn. I think he was booked fantastically... going over Cena was great, but as mentioned above... I wonder what it does for Cena. It continues to bring him down rather than up. However who else could they have booked to give Finn that credibility on the night he needs? 

The issue I have is if Finn "decides" to go it sans Demon paint... he's an idiot. He's still undefeated in that guise no? Surely an angle next Monday to set up Demon vs Beast?

As a red blooded male; I'm all for a bit of Alexa... but I really don't understand the logic in that backstage segment. It served no purpose and just seemed cheap. 

1 minute ago, Killjoy_Gee said:

I have to admit I'm now far more interested. I love Braun, but I feel there's more potential with Finn. I think he was booked fantastically... going over Cena was great, but as mentioned above... I wonder what it does for Cena. It continues to bring him down rather than up. However who else could they have booked to give Finn that credibility on the night he needs? 

The issue I have is if Finn "decides" to go it sans Demon paint... he's an idiot. He's still undefeated in that guise no? Surely an angle next Monday to set up Demon vs Beast?

As a red blooded male; I'm all for a bit of Alexa... but I really don't understand the logic in that backstage segment. It served no purpose and just seemed cheap. 

That's the point though, it's absolutely panic booking 101. Instead of logically, slowly building Finn up through the ranks, they've hotshotted him into the main event scene based on one big victory against one of the only guys they still perceive to mean something in terms of wins and losses counting. Hence why I mentioned previously how much better this match would be looking if Balor hadn't spent the entirety of 2018 saddled down with shit.

• Paid Members

The Alexa Bliss thing was the least erotic thing on a wrestling show since Sable danced on that Ragin' Climax special prior to WrestleMania XV and the camera was fixed on her hoping there was some charisma or sex appeal going to come out of her eventually. It was just so weird.

Here's my point, Scarlett Bordaux on Impact got down to her bra and knickers and gave Scott Steiner a lapdance. I get it. She's very manipulative and uses her looks to her advantage and Scott Steiner is Scott Steiner. You half expect it with those two characters. Its what we've learned and loved about that pair. After having the women's revolution shoved down our throat, and being told that Alexa is this very smart heel who can con you into thinking her arm is broken when its not, just to get a win, suddenly out on nowhere there's dorks walking in on her when she's got her tits out? It was so gratuitous and desperate and  just a massive disconnect for these characters. Like watching Going for Gold and Henry Kelly suddendly says "I bet the girl from Luxembourg has got a hairy Jack and Danny" before moving onto to points builder round.

That's Vince through. He'll be back to getting his arse out if the ratings dont improve.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

I decided to watch RAW earlier for the first time since just after Mania last year(as I love the Rumble and wanted to catch up). Need to ask though, why is Kalisto and his mates call "Lucha House Party"?

Noel’s House Party was already taken.

but by that logic why the New Day? Why the Bar? Why American Alpha? Why DIY?

• Paid Members

Well, the logic behind the New Day was that it was a new gimmick for them, and they started out with vignettes of gospal singers and one of the famous statements gospel preachers were known for in the states was declaring that "tommow will be, a new day!

With The Bar, I'd have thought it would be obvious. They see themselves as the worlds premiere tag team, and a very well known saying is"he/she has set the bar high". So by calling themselves the Bar, they are plcing themselves as the ones to beat!

American Alpha, well, that just sounds like a cool, fitting name for two American Alpha males. D.I.Y. though, I have never seen them so no idea.

I was asking a genuine question though about the Lucha lads. I wan't to understand where the name came from si I can keep up with the product.

I know it's a "great trolling feature" and ultimately a superficial cosmetic choice, but Cena's hair is really beginning to kill his aura for me. When he was on the mic talking to Vince, I was trying to imagine him with his skinhead of old and despite having aged a wee bit, he would still look quite good for his age. I'm totally flummoxed as to how the barnet is improving his chances in Hollywood rather than hampering them. 

Smackdown is so much better than Raw at the moment, incidentally.

• Paid Members

The hair didn't bother me, but whilst watching that segment, I was transfixed on the brightness of his shirt and cap. I know he's worn them a million times, but they seemed way more brighter than usual. Big match John uses Daz, obviously. 

Such a firey, ballsy promo, but he looked like a fantasy cartoon character stood next to his real life creator during that segment. Weird juxtaposition. 

Like I said, it's nothing new, but it really stood out to me. You could tell Vince was as hard as a rock during John's talky too. Great promo. Vince must be gutted he's winding it down. 

Also felt Balor came off quite well when he spoke directly at Vince. Probably the first time I actually bought into what he was saying. Whilst it was short, it felt real and authentic. More please. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

American Alpha, well, that just sounds like a cool, fitting name for two American Alpha males. D.I.Y. though, I have never seen them so no idea.

American Alpha even did a whole thing of them deciding on that name in NXT, didn't they? Around the time they were first teaming, and Gable was the endearingly dorky guy trying to get Jason Jordan to join in on his catchphrases and stuff. 

I actually had a feeling Strowman was winning at the Rumble (I'm not convinced Lesnar's working 'Mania), so the change in that match is interesting. As much as it makes me think Lesnar's going over, in kayfabe he has very few weaknesses, but chief amongst them are hubris, and being hit where his guts used to be. A little bloke he doesn't take seriously double-stomping him right in the diverticulitis would be a satisfying way to see him beaten.