The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

57 minutes ago, Nick James said:

As an aside to the strange Alexa Bliss backstage segment, what the hell was all that about with Otis? Are they playing him as a Festus type character? Was a very awkward segment to watch.

They’ve always played Dozovic as a bit of an eccentric dimwit in promo segments on NXT but the guy can go when it comes to in ring stuff

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I'm not sure you can ever be sure with Brock anymore. It could be good, but it's just as likely to be suplex-suplex-suplex-F5-F5-pin. If it's the former, Lesnar vs Rollins would be my first choice match of the possible options - the first two Lesnar-Strowmans have soured me on seeing a third.

Genuinely I think the point of Lesnar-Rollins would be to anoint the latter as "The Man" while Roman is off so I would expect they'd assemble something akin to Lesnar-Styles but turned up to 11. And they're massively missing the boat if Seth doesn't win with the Phoenix Splash given that it's an amped up "beast slaying" finish and their obsession with the "WrestleMania Moment." Have him do 5 curb stomps, onto the belt if you want, anything you need to put Brock on his back, but the big spin/flip is the moment you replay over and over for months. This is the best chance they've had to make someone a truly made man since they pussied out on Reigns explicitly retiring The Undertaker and riding that horse into the ground. I hope they do it properly.

• Paid Members

Selected comments from YouTube on the Alexa Bliss dressing room video:

"Thank you Vince for listening to the people. -- WWE Universe"

"Welcome Back Attitude Era"

"With this and the Mandy rose thing this could be the end of the pg era"

"Bringing little flavor of Attitude era huh Vince. When AEW and Japan attacks u do know the last resort WWE have to do bring back. Haha SJW and feminist gonna be breathing heavy."

"Every guy that watched this video just got a boner right now"

"If they are straight you mean lol ;)"

"Finally an anti PG is here!"

"Thank god WWE is giving us hope PC and snowflakes will soon be a thing of the past"

"WWE needs bring back bras and panties match."

"Checks calendar. Yep, it is 2019 and WWE really just did that. I thought with the women's revolution, the WWE has gotten past stuff like this, but I guess not. Absolutely no point for a NPC to walk in on Bliss like that."

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

When AEW and Japan attacks

The delusion knows no limits. Elite's "attack" thus far has had less impact than one bloke trying to bring Christianity to the Sentinel Islands.

EC3: “Alright, what do you have lined up for my big main roster debut?”

”Get in your gear. Stand outside Vince’s office with all the jobbers pleading for a chance, and when the interviewer stands next to you and the camera is right on you...don’t say a thing.”

EC3: “Nice one, chief!”

😕

EC3: “Alright, what do you have lined up for my big main roster debut?”

”Get in your gear. Stand outside Vince’s office with all the jobbers pleading for a chance, and when the interviewer stands next to you and the camera is right on you...don’t say a thing.”

EC3: “Nice one, chief!”

😕

"Oh yeah, and we won't show the moment to the crowd, so you'll get zero reaction."

I understand they were trying to introduce the new NXT characters, but they did it SO badly!  This whole episode was really bad - Baron Corbin and Braun talking does not make for an exciting opening.  The Alexa Bliss moment (alongside Mandy and a few other things) is the sort of awkward sexist shit they should have left in the 90s.  This feels like a Vince penned episode, and in 2019 that's not a good thing.

Edited by Loki

I’m happy for Finn that he’s finally getting another crack in the main event, but imagine how much hotter this whole thing would feel if a) they had more than two weeks build for the match and b) if he hadn’t spent the last 8 years trying to drag Corbin to something resembling watchable!

Proper WWE rehab attempt of having this midcarder for 80% of 2018 be sabotaged into a legitimate main event star against a Brock of all people by having him win all of two matches on RAW. Match should be good, but doesn’t feel anywhere near the big deal it should.

Edited by AdamTH17

• Paid Members

So according to Big Dave, this was the plan all along. Brock has wanted to wrestle Finn for ages and Vince didn't want to beat Strowman again at the Rumble, nor did he want to do a screwy finish. So it was decided a while ago that this was the going to be the match, Finn would lose, then they could do Brock vs. Seth at Wrestlemania without Strowman losing yet again.

What a pile of shit though. Sure, the match is infinitely more exciting and will probably be brilliant, but what a terrible combination of false advertising and horrendous writing. Promoting a match you've got no intention of delivering on in the hope it sells tickets for the stadium you've booked is shady as fuck. And in terms of not wanting to harm Strowman by beating him again, I'd argue doing what they did harmed him almost as much, if not more. He looked like a right dickhead losing his Title shot because of a daft tantrum. He was already cooling off massively and that dressing down from Vince made it ten times worse. Why would you cheer such a stupid tit who cost himself his big moment? It's such dumb story-telling to ignore months of build up and stipulations to go in a completely new direction just because you're unable to think of a finish that works.

Plus, Finn deserves so much better than this. If they knew a while ago that he was getting a Title shot then they shouldn't have had him treading water for what feels like forever. I remember back at Summerslam, when he came out as The Demon and squashed Corbin, it looked like a hard reset where they were finally going to start building him back up. But then he went on to lose to Corbin on what felt like a weekly basis for months. And for what? So that Corbin could continue getting such a big push that you eventually had to apologise to the fans on air? What a waste. It'll also be a shame if he takes his first loss as The Demon in a match with such little build up. I feel like there's real money to be made if they'd made a much bigger deal about how The Demon was undefeated for such a long time.

I laughed at how all the NXT call-ups were used. It's almost as if Vince has realised about a month after everyone else that other than Nikki Cross they're all a bit shit and not worth bringing in properly.

Edited by Supremo

21 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Question is will Brock put his working boots on for Balor or will he get the Ambrose treatment.

That’s the big one. On one hand I can imagine Trips having a quiet word with Heyman and/or Lesnar to put a shift in seeing as Bálor is one of his “boys” but on the other Brock Lesnar doesn’t give a fuck who your boys are.

It’s mental that WWE only put these interesting matches together when the original, far less interesting plan goes down the plug hole. Bray Wyatt has viral meningitis? Stick two former leaders of the competitor’s biggest faction in there. Braun’s elbow isn’t healing? Put someone against Brock who has been kicking around doing nothing of note for 18+ months but immediately raises intrigue more than the guy(s) that have been in that position for the past four years.

• Paid Members

If Brock has hand picked Fin as Big Dave says, then surely we'd be getting a Daniel Bryan type match instead of an Ambrose type match. 

Also curious as to why Brock fancies a go with Balor. I always get the impression that Lesnar knows and cares fuck all about these guys backstage. Im most likely guilty of buying into this 'Aura of Lesnar' stuff more than anything though. 

Still real to me, damn it. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

We don't have a Raw thread yet, do we? Are we waiting for @tiger_rickto start up his thread? This year's event is really shaping up to be mouth-watering. I'm really looking forward to the 4 men's & women's main title matches, they all have potential to be show-stealers. The cruiserweight should be fun too and the tag title match has intrigue about it, rather than another Usos/New Day match with each other or another team.

Plus, the Rumbles are always watchable (even when shit) and they were both excellent last year.

Time to dust off the ol' network subscription.

• Paid Members

That's the first Raw I've bothered watching in many many months and I thought it was ok. Of course, a lot of skipping of pointless matches and fluff, but the story throughout the show was not bad; there was cohesion there. Strowman did look a bit like a tit, but I'll hold off until the coming weeks before shitting on it. It's easy to rehab with him and this could very well lead to a McMahon related angle at 'Mania (is Triple H's tit still burst?).

What's happened to Rollins and Ambrose? Last time I watched Rollins was red hot and Hoss Ambrose was don, now they're having terrible matches with Lashley. Also, weren't they in some sort of bad blood feud? Nowt like being a tag team once more to sell that you hate each other. I hope Rollins isn't the guy to beat Brock. It's too late and he'll definitely fail once again carrying the belt because he's all flash and no funk.

I'm not a massive Balor fan at all, but I'm sure the Lesnar match will be good fun - Brock matches usually are when he deems his opponent worthy of some selling. Much better than another bloody Strowman match.

Also, the new improved Raw/WWE is just more Vince then?

Edited by ColinBollocks

Am I the only one who's been completely underwhelmed by Balor (in ring and out) since he joined the main roster? Can't recall him having a classic match, and he's fairly middle of the road compared to Bryan, Styles or even that gobshite Rollins.