The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

I *hope* this is one of those bits of booking they do prior to a Rumble where Elias can get revenge by eliminating Corbin and they think they will get a reaction. I'm half expecting Lashley v Elias for the I title at Mania, they've heard the reactions to Elias enough to turn him, hopefully it doesn't grind to a standstill. Except it will.

Surely Kevin Owens is coming for Lashley at mania?

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Surely Kevin Owens is coming for Lashley at mania?

Makes sense if he's fit in time. So, two question marks. The "fit" and the "makes sense."

6 hours ago, air_raid said:

I'd have Cena do a rehab job for Braun, and point Joe at Bryan. No particular "face turn" just point Joe at Bryan and the fans will cheer anyway because that's felt like like it's coming for Joe anyway.

I’d love to see them go with Joe/Bryan. For some reason I’d not even considered that match as an option, but it’s a great shout!

I wouldn’t be opposed to Braun/Cena either. Even if it involved him turning again, he’s so cold right now that it probably doesn’t matter.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

I'd run with this for Mania.

Ronda VS Becky
Lesnar VS Rollins (U title)
Bryan VS Joe (WWE title)
Cena VS Braun
Styles VS Balor
Lashley VS Elias (I title)
Charlotte VS Asuka
first womens tag champions who are heels VS Sasha & Bayley

The rest you can throw together.

13 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I'd run with this for Mania.

Ronda VS Becky
Lesnar VS Rollins (U title)
Bryan VS Joe (WWE title)
Cena VS Braun
Styles VS Balor
Lashley VS Elias (I title)
Charlotte VS Asuka
first womens tag champions who are heels VS Sasha & Bayley

The rest you can throw together.

Strong feeling that whoever the women's tag champs may be, will defending against Trish and Lita.  I'll go with the assumption that Bayley and Sasha will be crowned the first champions.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Bohan said:

Strong feeling that whoever the women's tag champs may be, will defending against Trish and Lita.  I'll go with the assumption that Bayley and Sasha will be crowned the first champions.

You crown babyfaces as the first champions then get them booed to hell by putting them in there with the two most popular women in company history?

17 minutes ago, air_raid said:

You crown babyfaces as the first champions then get them booed to hell by putting them in there with the two most popular women in company history?

Can't see it beyond the realms of possibility.  The legend/nostalgia criteria is going to need meeting, that will that box.

Edited by Bohan

45 minutes ago, JimboDangerous said:

The only heel team (I can think of) on either brand are the Iconics, and a win over Trish and Lita would give both the team and the belts a great push. Is that a Wrestlemania worthy match though?

Fuck me that would be a train wreck, I'm sure they are nice lasses but the Iconics are utterly terrible. I can't remember them being as bad in Nxt but I only catch the odd episode of tv and the Takeovers and think they only appeared in one which was a 3 or 4 way for the title

If you were going for a heel team to be tag champions then you'd go Riot squad surely

Edited by Kamaras-Tash

• Paid Members

That Raw left me in more doubt the direction I thought things were heading toward at 'Mania than I had going in. Vince buried Finn so much when he was out there if he were facing anyone else, I would say he's definitely going over on Sunday. Against Brock though? I didn't expect Brock to be losing the belt before WrestleMania, but Jesus if Finn doesn't win then they better plan for a damn impressive way for him to lose, as he's going to look a total chump after that dressing down.

For what it's worth, I don't think he should win either. Brock's the star, and the belt should be on the biggest star, his main rival or the man that is planned to usurp him as the next top guy. That isn't Balor.

Seth Rollins is bound to win the Rumble if Lesnar is champion, and then you give him the big win and a run into the summer to see what he's got as a top baby. If it doesn't work then he's had his shot as a face and a heel and it won't have fared out. If it goes down well, then you've got your next AJ Styles/Daniel Bryan level main eventer. 

If Balor wins at the Rumble though, fuck knows what happens every week between now and April, as I feel that would throw everything up in the air. Perhaps Balor wins it and then loses it back to Brock on a PPV between now and Mania, just to throw a bit of a spanner in the works?

Vince's go-to for smaller guys has historically always been "I want to see you fight up, pal! Be a pit bull!" so his dressing down I assume was - in his mind - the biggest favour he could give to Balor to prepare him for the big win on Sunday. Hotshotting the belt on to him would also neatly tie in to their current short term "we've made some changes!" proclamations so yeah. I'm going with Balor.