The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Briefcase said:

almost as if there is another promotion they might be worried about

I thought Chilli was our resident comedian?

• Paid Members

I really want Finn to tease The Demon on this week's Raw, sort of similar to how Mankind, "morphed," into Cactus Jack before his Royal Rumble match with Triple H, but I can't figure out how to do it without it being super corny. It's not really something you can pull off similar to how Foley did it. He can't just pull off a mask or reveal a different T-shirt. There's a chance it could be cool but there's so much room for it to be a pile of shit. My worry is that they'll do those camera cuts and dodgy edits they did that time Finn kept switching to being The Demon during a promo aimed at Bray Wyatt/Sister Abigail. That was absolute garbage:

I dunno. I just feel like there's huge potential in a type of superhero character on WWE TV in the current climate of a million superhero movies and TV shows. I just can't figure out how to make it work in that fictional space. Maybe they just have him rip his shirt open to reveal The Demon make up underneath. Zoom in on it like the "S," on Superman's chest as the final shot of the show.

image.png.c53a4fbbbc2188212f28a4c11fee787f.png

"The Demon will see you Sunday, Beast."

After Raw I’m inclined to think Balor is going to win the belt on Sunday. The only stumbling block I see then is who he faces at Mania? Like he and Mcintyre have had PPV matches already this year and that doesn’t exactly scream a Mania main event. Could do Balor vs Cena? Or a rematch with Brock? I can’t really see them doing another face vs face with Seth after the damp squib that was AJ and Nakamura last year. Actually really intrigued by the Rumble. No clear winner.

6 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I’m starting to think Braun will win the Rumble and go on to face Daniel Bryan. John Cena aside, there really isn’t an obvious opponent for the guy.

Possible, could only see that if Brock loses to Balor which I doubt will happen, it would make Braun look a bit stupid if he went after Bryan otherwise as he's been calling out "beasty boy" for what seems like forever now.

4 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Possible, could only see that if Brock loses to Balor which I doubt will happen, it would make Braun look a bit stupid if he went after Bryan otherwise as he's been calling out "beasty boy" for what seems like forever now.

Oh definitely, I just don’t think they care about that.

I suppose they could do Brock/Braun at one of the PPVs leading up to ‘Mania if they really wanted to? Whatever the case, I hope the idea isn’t to delay the match until Wrestlemania itself...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I’m starting to think Braun will win the Rumble and go on to face Daniel Bryan. John Cena aside, there really isn’t an obvious opponent for the guy.

I'd have Cena do a rehab job for Braun, and point Joe at Bryan. No particular "face turn" just point Joe at Bryan and the fans will cheer anyway because that's felt like like it's coming for Joe anyway.

• Paid Members

Why is Elias losing to Baron Corbin? Elias is a good act, He's popular and he's a fresh match for all the top guys. He's exactly the sort of guy they should be protecting to build him for those spots. So not only should he not be losing at all at the moment but the's losing to a guy who loses to everyone else. How do they not see this?

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Why is Elias losing to Baron Corbin? Elias is a good act, He's popular and he's a fresh match for all the top guys. He's exactly the sort of guy they should be protecting to build him for those spots. So not only should he not be losing at all at the moment but the's losing to a guy who loses to everyone else. How do they not see this?

I *hope* this is one of those bits of booking they do prior to a Rumble where Elias can get revenge by eliminating Corbin and they think they will get a reaction. I'm half expecting Lashley v Elias for the I title at Mania, they've heard the reactions to Elias enough to turn him, hopefully it doesn't grind to a standstill. Except it will.

• Paid Members

I imagine they just felt Corbin needed a win so they can push forward with a feud between the pair? In their 50/50 bubble it makes sense. I do agree, in another time period Corbin would be Velocity fodder, but standards are so low at the minute and Corbin clearly being a Vince project highlights it.

If anyone is interested in Brock v Finn and hasn't watched this, I definitely suggest skipping the opening segment. Heyman did his usual decent job telling the story and getting everything over he should, then Vince comes out and it seems to go on forever - Apocalypse Now Redux felt shorter. Balor just isn't a particularly interesting character or promo, it's all slow delivery and faux passion. Felt like that was our Raw for the night, but somehow that only went about 25 minutes. Chub killer.

I enjoyed the Lashley posedown. It's proper cartoon stuff that didn't go on for what felt like an age and got the point across.

Rollins winning the Rumble can do one.

All this would be fixed if they just gave Big Dave a phone call. If Triple H is still buggered they can always move on to Braun v Batista.

Edited by ColinBollocks

38 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Vince obviously thought that terrible David & Goliath schtick in the opening segment was good, so what he see's is questionable at best