Let's talk FWA

Herne's Son

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, King of Hamptons said:

My mate saw him a few months ago still doing security for bands think he said it was Evanescence

Retired from wrestling rather than retired altogether. I'm guessing Ulf is only in his late 40s/early 50s, and he sure has hell can't have retired on his FWA payoffs. 

11 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I heard he worked on Rammstein concerts - either as security or as a roadie.

Ulf was running security for bands at their concerts before and during the FWA years.  It brought him to the UK quite often. I remember meeting him at gigs to catch up.

Anyway here's a pic of the man himself debuting on his first FWA show back in November 2001 

hsh_ulf_turnbuckle-enters.jpg?w=600&h=90

• Paid Members
On 8/24/2018 at 11:02 AM, elisarcabrera said:

Interesting they liked the name of it enough to continue.

at the time we folded EU Title and when we were deciding to replace it, it was me who came up with the name All England. It was a major debate amongst the partners because not everyone liked the idea. They wanted we have something more in line with what championships were usually called. But I pushed it because I felt we needed to be pushing something uniquely ENGLISH/BRITISH product. All England was obviously derived from Tennis not wrestling but to me conveys something very English and at the same time English traditional. 

Oooh, we're going to fight about this (maybe if we do that thing one day?)! I distinctly remember coming up with the All-England name precisely because Wimbledon was on the telly at the time! Since I got back into the sport, I've followed "my" belt with interest - I was particularly happy when one of my favourites, Earl Black Jr, won it. I do remember the push to be more English, though, with mixed results!

As a trivia note, Scotty Rock carried the belt to the ring at the first TV taping, but we'd decided not to recognise his title reign for some reason that escapes me, and thus we had to come up with an excuse. Does anyone remember what I called the belt he was carrying on commentary? Not sure you could do it today! 

1 minute ago, Linus said:

Oooh, we're going to fight about this (maybe if we do that thing one day?)! I distinctly remember coming up with the All-England name precisely because Wimbledon was on the telly at the time! Since I got back into the sport, I've followed "my" belt with interest - I was particularly happy when one of my favourites, Earl Black Jr, won it. I do remember the push to be more English, though, with mixed results!

As a trivia note, Scotty Rock carried the belt to the ring at the first TV taping, but we'd decided not to recognise his title reign for some reason that escapes me, and thus we had to come up with an excuse. Does anyone remember what I called the belt he was carrying on commentary? Not sure you could do it today! 

Its the joke being printed in Playboy magazine in Friends

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Linus said:

My recollection is you said he’d been awarded the belt because of his undefeated record in Gypsy fighting tournaments, or something. But I thought he was officially FWA All-England Champion when the TV series started, and that was just the explanation for how he’d got it?

• Paid Members

Good news. My Wife has been busy digging through my boxes and so far we have unearthed these...

IMG_20180828_163829636.jpg

I know for sure I also have uprising parts 1&2, FOH part 1 and Seasons Beatings. On DVD FOH and Uprising 3.

Edited by DEF