Let's talk FWA

Herne's Son

1 hour ago, DEF said:

I haven't seen that in years. In much the same way as I've kept all my wrestling VHS tapes I also have a couple thousand DVDs I'll probably never watch again in the cupboard. One of which is Dirty Sanchez season 1. I'll look for that whilst I'm at it and see if there any more FWA stuff on it.

do you have fort boyard episode ?

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, elisarcabrera said:

do you have fort boyard episode ?

No sadly not. I feel like I saw it on YouTube not that long ago though. Might be wrong.

@elisarcabreraĀ What's the story behind the FWA titles belts and any idea on where they are now?

I believe the original British Heavyweight title was made by J-Mar (Joe Marshall) but I have no idea on its second maker or the All-England title. The Tag-team titles were basic belts from Championship Leather (Joe Price) or Legacy Belts (Kevin Rhodes)

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, elisarcabrera said:

I wonder if whoever bought Balls chair still has it?

Ā 

bu02_ballz_chair_1.jpg?w=561&h=800

Ā 

The guy who ended up withĀ  that chair (who promptly started posting on the UKFF/FWA Forum under the usernameĀ "I Got Balls' Chair"...) actually started wrestling as QT McFluff, a sort of effeminate super heavyweight in a pink leotard and a feather boa. Did some Dropkixx, AWA:UK and LDN, I believe. Haven't seen him around the scene for over a decade now.

6 minutes ago, Rule One said:

@elisarcabreraĀ What's the story behind the FWA titles belts and any idea on where they are now?

I believe the original British Heavyweight title was made by J-Mar (Joe Marshall) but I have no idea on its second maker or the All-England title. The Tag-team titles were basic belts from Championship Leather (Joe Price) or Legacy Belts (Kevin Rhodes)

The All-England belt, which started life as the FWA EU title first, was the prototype test belt for the original FWA belt. J-Mar sold us the prototype at the same time otherwise it would have just been binned. This is why it wasnā€™t painted. Mark owned the FWA belt, I owned the All-England. The first tag belts were owned by New Breed. The second version of the tag belts were Barryā€™s. Barryā€™s tag belts were gifted to another UK promotion who probably still use them. Not sure who they are.

i donā€™t know if my All England belt is out there somewhere. I suspect itā€™s probably fallen apart by now as even back then it was already ropey being an unfinished belt,Ā No one ever offered to return it to me.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, elisarcabrera said:

The second version of the tag belts were Barryā€™s. Barryā€™s tag belts were gifted to another UK promotion who probably still use them. Not sure who they are.

Yeah, when SAS Wrestling was still going, we used them for our tag belts. Don't know where they are now, though.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, elisarcabrera said:

The All-England belt, which started life as the FWA EU title first, was the prototype test belt for the original FWA belt. J-Mar sold us the prototype at the same time otherwise it would have just been binned. This is why it wasnā€™t painted. Mark owned the FWA belt, I owned the All-England. The first tag belts were owned by New Breed. The second version of the tag belts were Barryā€™s. Barryā€™s tag belts were gifted to another UK promotion who probably still use them. Not sure who they are.

i donā€™t know if my All England belt is out there somewhere. I suspect itā€™s probably fallen apart by now as even back then it was already ropey being an unfinished belt,Ā No one ever offered to return it to me.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

That All-England Title belt ended up in IPW:UK, coming over during the IPW:UK vs. FWA interpromotional feud of 2006-2007 which was the storyline reason for shutting down that version of FWA.Ā  It was then defended throughout the 14-month long, 64-man British National Championship tournament of 2007-2008, won by Terry Frazier. It was just the IPW:UK All-England Championship from then. I'd stopped going to their shows by then, but people like Sammy Smooth and Scott Starr were the regular champions. Title history (which only goes from 2007, when it came over with FWA All-England champ Iceman) is here:

https://www.ipwuk.com/title-history/all-england-championship

They've got a new belt for it now, though:

DZZBIT_XcAElLuD.jpg

1 minute ago, Big Benny HG said:

That All-England Title belt ended up in IPW:UK, coming over during the IPW:UK vs. FWA interpromotional feud of 2006-2007 which was the storyline reason for shutting down that version of FWA.Ā  It was then defended throughout the 14-month long, 64-man British National Championship tournament of 2007-2008, won by Terry Frazier. It was just the IPW:UK All-England Championship from then. I'd stopped going to their shows by then, but people like Sammy Smooth and Scott Starr were the regular champions. Title history (which only goes from 2007, when it came over with FWA All-England champ Iceman) is here:

https://www.ipwuk.com/title-history/all-england-championship

They've got a new belt for it now, though:

Ā 

Interesting they liked the name of it enough to continue.

at the time we folded EU Title and when we were deciding to replace it, it was me who came up with the name All England. It was a major debate amongst the partners because not everyone liked the idea. They wanted we haveĀ something more in line with what championships were usually called. But I pushed it because I felt we needed to be pushing something uniquely ENGLISH/BRITISH product. All England was obviously derived from Tennis not wrestling but to me conveys something very English and at the same time English traditional.Ā 

@elisarcabreraĀ Cheers, I thought the All-England was a J-Mar as it was his design but the non-plating and leather on it threw me off. I knew the original British Heavyweight was a J-Mar as the art/design, leather and plating pointed in his direction.

The Tag-Team belts were only being made by those two companies at around the same period they were introduced, they are solid enough but are prone to cracking with heavy handling.

Shame that no-one handed the All-England title back because there's very few clear images of it, I would have loved to seen it properly back then and how it finally ended up.

The XPW European title is with Kevin Klinerock/what's left of Extreme Associates after J-Mar took too long to deliver it and the collapse of XPW due to Rob Black's criminal offences.

@CarbombĀ Thank-you for the information.Ā 

@Big Benny HGĀ Thank-you for the information, I stopped following IPW after 2005/6 so I missed it all. I have seen their version of the All-England title.

12 minutes ago, Rule One said:

@elisarcabreraĀ Cheers, I thought the All-England was a J-Mar as it was his design but the non-plating and leather on it threw me off. I knew the original British Heavyweight was a J-Mar as the art/design, leather and plating pointed in his direction.

The Tag-Team belts were only being made by those two companies at around the same period they were introduced, they are solid enough but are prone to cracking with heavy handling.

Shame that no-one handed the All-England title back because there's very few clear images of it, I would have loved to seen it properly back then and how it finally ended up.

The XPW European title is with Kevin Klinerock/what's left of Extreme Associates after J-Mar took too long to deliver it and the collapse of XPW due to Rob Black's criminal offences.

@CarbombĀ Thank-you for the information.Ā 

@Big Benny HGĀ Thank-you for the information, I stopped following IPW after 2005/6 so I missed it all. I have seen their version of the All-England title.

Thereā€™s a pic on the belt on that link aboveĀ