Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I reckon when we finally get the lovely incestuously charged show down  between Jon and Daeny, Jon will somehow get thrown to/faced with the dragons and come out of it unscathed leading to his big reveal.

Yeah I thought that but with Jon being undead now, wouldn't that just be assumed the reason to his survival rather than he's a Targeryan? 

Looks like someone decided to save a shit load of money via montages! Quite a bit to take in then. I like the way the Lannisters are being built up in to a position of advantage after it seemed far too easy for Daeny. When the Lannisters fall it needs to be momentous and not just a quick storm of the castle and we're done.

I'm calling the girl off Hollyoaks to be a traitor. I reckon Tyrrion name checking her as Daeny's most trusted advisor is a bit of a give away. 

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

I liked that Bronn was riding with Jaime and Randyll as, presumably, a general in the Lannister army. He's done pretty well for himself over the past seven years eh?

Euron is tremendous. He just doesn't give a fuck.

Tyrion's voiceover about how much Daenerys' people love her was a dead give away that someone had betrayed her even before Jaime said as much. Not sure who though: Varys is too obvious. I can't see Tyrion fucking up his own plans or trying to save Cersei. Missandei would kind of make sense, in that she's seen Dany do some horrible things in the past but then she's had plenty of opportunity to betray her in Essos. They could come up with some sort of explanation, I suppose, but it'd just feel a bit Russo to me.

It'll probably turn out to be Bran. He can see everything so he probably thought the Sandsnakes were shite as well.

How brutal was that exchange between Dany and Jon? "You lost two brothers also?" *Jon nods glumly*. Ooft. You lost three brothers you fanny! It's also a bit odd that, much like last season, nobody is questioning how he's not in the Night's Watch anymore. I can understand that the North men would *want* to believe that he came back from the dead but Dany and Tyrion didn't even ask.

Yeah I thought he was gonna go for the double kill as well. Interesting that they've moved that part of the story back into focus. I wonder if it plays into the betrayal story and if it affects Cersei's feelings towards Tyrion. Tyrion being the saboteur would be pure Russo.

It was a great reveal, purely because of looking back at the chain of events that it set in motion as a result.

Dany with her "I've got dragons, what's anyone going to do" philosophy obviously has never heard of 'if it bleeds, we can kill it'. Yeah they're big scary buggers, but they're not indestructible.

Lord of the Seven Accents is still weaseling his way around, and we were thinking "where the fuck is Bran? He's fucked off for another series...oh, there he is". His scene with Sansa under the tree just seemed to be the writer's admitting to bad writing with the three eyed Raven storyline

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I'm undecided as to who is worst out of Bran and Bram.

Meanwhile, I'm all for modern attitudes and feminism and being woke and all that jazz, but bloody hell, Elleria Sand doing Slave Leia cosplay works for me.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

So Mr. Chinnery is actually Arya, right?

I don't think so. We've seen him before. Stannis borrowed a shitload of money off him in one of the earlier series. That doesn't preclude him from been Arya but I would say it is unlikely. 

I do like Jim Broadbent as an actor, his little cameos as Archmaester Ebrose almost make me care about Samwell Tarly. His little "Well you didn't expect a reward did you" after Samwell cured Ser Jorah was just perfectly done. It also fits perfectly with what watching the show is all about. When something good happens we as viewers very rarely get a reward. 

Now we are also going to have The Unsullied marching across Westeros to get back to Dany, and Ser Jorah going from Oldtown to find Dany. It wouldn't be a surprise if they met up. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, JNLister said:

Meanwhile, I'm all for modern attitudes and feminism and being woke and all that jazz, but bloody hell, Elleria Sand doing Slave Leia cosplay works for me.

Sweet jesus, that stomach.

got01.png

Meanwhile, I was really hoping that tree wasn't going to start talking to Bran and lower GoT down a few notches to goofy LOTR levels.

got02.png

Edited by herbie747