Jump to content

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Episode 4's been leaked online. Hit me up if you want a link, quality isn't great but it's a belter of an episode.

Posted

From King Slayer to Queen Layer. Jamie desperately needs to fuck his sister off and lead the Lannister army against the White Walkers with his sweet military skills. If he does that then gets a nice heroic death at the end of it all I think that's a fine arc. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
26 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Episode 4's been leaked online. Hit me up if you want a link, quality isn't great but it's a belter of an episode.

Screener quality?

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Screener quality?

Yup, reckon it's about 480p.  Fine until the darker scenes, and there's a few of those. I'll watch it again next week anyway.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

If people are going to talk about it, can I request spoiler tags for episode 4 until it's actually aired? Don't want to wander in here over the weekend and have what happens ruined for me!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
  • Paid Members
Posted

Don't worry, I'm not that much of a dick. 

 

Tbh everyone should just wait until they can watch it in full HD, I'm already starting to wish I had. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Tbh everyone should just wait until they can watch it in full HD, I'm already starting to wish I had. 

Yeah, it's hardly waiting for long, is it? It's not like waiting for the release of S4 of The Wire on DVD over here so you get the US version.

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I'd love to hear your case for him!

It's not so much a case really as just someone to support. Since the start of the show which seemed to paint everyone initially as "goodie" or "baddie" Jaime has been the one that I felt strongest about being a shade of grey, earliest. Broken down, everything he's done has been in the name of what he believed in and fought for - his family. His redemption arc has meant a lot to me ; his run with Brienne, freeing Tyrion etc... just strikes me as being a man trying to better himself. My heart broke when Myrcella died in his arms. And ultimately I'm biased by the fact that I believe when the time comes and his hand is forced, he'll choose Tyrion over Cersei and do the right thing, so people will remember "Jaime Lannister - saved Kings Landing from the Mad King, died a hero" or something.

It's only the sister-fucking I cant really reconcile myself with. Probably a minor quibble since huge swathes of the fandom are quite happy to ship Jon Snow with Auntie Dany.

3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Surely Jamie's arc ends with him killing Cersei, regaining some self-pride but ironically justifying the 'oath breaker' nickname he's tried to dodge, and being seen by the masses as having even less pride..

Cersei's eventual killer has no name, for my money.

  • Paid Members
Posted
16 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah, it's hardly waiting for long, is it? It's not like waiting for the release of S4 of The Wire on DVD over here so you get the US version.

Probably would except it's Friday night and knowing there's a screener quality copy out there will kill me. Also, it means me and the girl can watch together rather than her staying up till 3am on Tuesday morning cos she's obsessed. 

Posted (edited)

But if you watch it now, you're only going to have to wait longer for the next one (assuming that doesn't leak too), so you might aswell just wait. Like the other year when the first five episodes of Series 5 leaked in one go before it started. Everyone who watch those had to wait a month and a half to see what happened next

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members
Posted
23 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Cersei's eventual killer has no name, for my money.

Far too obvious and far too 'Daniel Bryan winning the WrestleMania 30 main event' for that to happen, I reckon. Sadly.

GRRM will find a way to take your hopes and dreams and turn them to ashes in your mouth.

 

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Oh shit. To watch or not... We're off on holiday Sunday morning, so if we don't watch the leak then we're not watching until next Friday. Decisions!

 

(And yeah, obviously anyone discussing it in here before the proper airing will just get banned)

Edited by Chest Rockwell
  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Oh shit. To watch or not... We're off on holiday Sunday morning, so if we don't watch the leak then we're not watching until next Friday. Decisions!

 

(And yeah, obviously anyone discussing it in here before the proper airing will just get banned)

You could wait until the following Monday and then have two episodes to watch in one go!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...