Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The last leaked episode was a brilliant advertisement for waiting for its TV airing as watching that massive pay off unfold in shifty standard definition was regretfull to say the least.

Apparently this leak is HD. Will be watching that tonight.

I'm gonna have to watch it again, but for the sake of some pointless bluster, can someone explain why Benjen said "there's no time" when Jon asked him to come back with him? Because it clearly took more time for him to run over and take out some white walkers before copping it than it would have done for him to just get on the fucking horse.

Anyway, apart from that, enjoyed the fuck out of it. I think the dialogue between the hound and Tormund was probably the highlight of the entire show's run.

I know Dany was on a dragon and all, but how fucking quick did she get there! A Raven had to get from the wall to Dragonstone, she had to receive it and then get from Dragonstone to beyond the wall andĀ find them. I know there's fewer episodes and it's not in real time and everything, but that's practically teleportation. And then Uncle Ben with the convenient run-in to make the save for Jon. Still...loved it overall, and now they'veĀ got an Ice Dragon too and I love the flaming sword imagery.

still a distinct lack of Zombie Mountain action. I'd like to think he's just going round KingsĀ Landing crushing some peasant'sĀ heads just to keep himself strong

Ā 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

My absolute favourite thing about this season is that all those dickheads who have felt ashamed about watching it, and instead dressed it up as something it wasn't, or over-intellectualised it and tried to put normal folk down who watched it but 'didn't really get it', are having a hard time squaring the circle now it's gone full popcorn-fantasy frivolity.

They had to press GO eventually, and I'm just happy to be along for the ride.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I laughed out loud when Thoros seemingly died from his wounds and cold exposure, then Berric just pulls out a flaming sword. Why the fuck didn't he light that sucker up when they were freezing their tits off for 24 hours or however long they were stood there.