Jump to content

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)


Recommended Posts

Posted

The last leaked episode was a brilliant advertisement for waiting for its TV airing as watching that massive pay off unfold in shifty standard definition was regretfull to say the least.

  • Paid Members
Posted
30 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The last leaked episode was a brilliant advertisement for waiting for its TV airing as watching that massive pay off unfold in shifty standard definition was regretfull to say the least.

Apparently this leak is HD. Will be watching that tonight.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Well... holy shit.

Did anyone else see a poster with the image of that dragon on months and months ago though? I'd swear I knew this was going to happen once I'd seen it.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm gonna have to watch it again, but for the sake of some pointless bluster, can someone explain why Benjen said "there's no time" when Jon asked him to come back with him? Because it clearly took more time for him to run over and take out some white walkers before copping it than it would have done for him to just get on the fucking horse.

Anyway, apart from that, enjoyed the fuck out of it. I think the dialogue between the hound and Tormund was probably the highlight of the entire show's run.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Why not say "we can't outrun them" instead of "there's no time"? Benjen and Jon together probably only weigh the equivalent of one fat bloke. I'm sure his horse could have managed. Sorry, just pedanting.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Better to say there is no time, rather than there is no point. We already know that Benjen can't pass the wall because he is dead already. If he had said anything else John is the sort of idiot who would argue with him. 

 

 

Posted (edited)

I know Dany was on a dragon and all, but how fucking quick did she get there! A Raven had to get from the wall to Dragonstone, she had to receive it and then get from Dragonstone to beyond the wall and find them. I know there's fewer episodes and it's not in real time and everything, but that's practically teleportation. And then Uncle Ben with the convenient run-in to make the save for Jon. Still...loved it overall, and now they've got an Ice Dragon too and I love the flaming sword imagery.

still a distinct lack of Zombie Mountain action. I'd like to think he's just going round Kings Landing crushing some peasant's heads just to keep himself strong

 

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Posted (edited)

My absolute favourite thing about this season is that all those dickheads who have felt ashamed about watching it, and instead dressed it up as something it wasn't, or over-intellectualised it and tried to put normal folk down who watched it but 'didn't really get it', are having a hard time squaring the circle now it's gone full popcorn-fantasy frivolity.

They had to press GO eventually, and I'm just happy to be along for the ride.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz
  • Paid Members
Posted

I laughed out loud when Thoros seemingly died from his wounds and cold exposure, then Berric just pulls out a flaming sword. Why the fuck didn't he light that sucker up when they were freezing their tits off for 24 hours or however long they were stood there.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...