Paid Members herbie747 Posted August 7, 2017 Paid Members Posted August 7, 2017 Wasn't aware they started doing that, Punk - I pretty much ignore it on SKY anyway, as I like to archive the show to my NAS drive.
cobra_gordo Posted August 8, 2017 Posted August 8, 2017 18 hours ago, herbie747 said: I love Bronn.Jaime: Brickon. Dickon: Dickon Bronn: looool That bit cracked me up aswell. Bronn has been my favourite character for a long time now, was on the edge of my seat when he got to the big bolt thrower thingy.
Merzbow Posted August 8, 2017 Posted August 8, 2017 "big bolt thrower thingy" They should have had Cenotaph playing throughout that scene.
deathrey Posted August 8, 2017 Posted August 8, 2017 The 'big bolt thrower thingy' was Qyburn's secret weapon for defeating the dragons yes?
Paid Members PunkStep Posted August 8, 2017 Paid Members Posted August 8, 2017 Yep, it was indeed. Not much of a secret weapon is it? That's surely the first thing anyone with a brain would think of!
deathrey Posted August 8, 2017 Posted August 8, 2017 Agreed, it was hardly genius. Does wild fire work against dragons?
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted August 8, 2017 Paid Members Posted August 8, 2017 I think part of the surprise is that someone had the sense to understand that being a mythical creature doesn't go hand in hand with being invincible, as evinced by the fact that there are dragon skulls down in the basement of the Red Keep. Qyburn is a mad scientist, essentially, but he's also a pragmatist.
Guy Bifkin Posted August 8, 2017 Posted August 8, 2017 "Bran has visions" was my favourite line of the night. What a brilliant episode. One of the best evah.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted August 8, 2017 Paid Members Posted August 8, 2017 (edited) Wildfire wouldn't work on dragons as they are "fire made flesh". They essentially are fire. Dragonfire burns hotter than wildfire apparently. My theory: Cercei hires the Golden Company to up her numbers so Dany has to hire the Second Sons and that dullard Daario Naharis comes to Westeros with his crew to help out. Edited August 8, 2017 by LaGoosh
The King Of Swing Posted August 8, 2017 Posted August 8, 2017 Bran also has the ability to suck the life out of every scene that he appears in. He even managed to make a Stark reunion a fucking chore to sit through. Am I correct in assuming that Bran probably knows that Littlefinger betrayed Ned?
buba3d Posted August 8, 2017 Posted August 8, 2017 every time arya was talking about her kill list, i kept imagining her shouting "YOU JUST MADE THE LIST"
Paid Members PunkStep Posted August 8, 2017 Paid Members Posted August 8, 2017 27 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said: Am I correct in assuming that Bran probably knows that Littlefinger betrayed Ned? I was thinking that. He surely knows all about Littlefinger's plans and schemes, right? Or does he just focus on the list and rapey stuff? The sooner something interesting happens involving Littlefinger the better. I am bored shitless of him standing at the back of rooms or on balconies leaning, observing and glancing sidewards. It's all he fucking does.
deathrey Posted August 8, 2017 Posted August 8, 2017 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: Wildfire wouldn't work on dragons as they are "fire made flesh". They essentially are fire. Dragonfire burns hotter than wildfire apparently. Ahh, makes sense. Thank you!
Rey_Piste Posted August 9, 2017 Posted August 9, 2017 (edited) On 08/08/2017 at 2:58 PM, PunkStep said: I was thinking that. He surely knows all about Littlefinger's plans and schemes, right? Or does he just focus on the list and rapey stuff? The sooner something interesting happens involving Littlefinger the better. I am bored shitless of him standing at the back of rooms or on balconies leaning, observing and glancing sidewards. It's all he fucking does. The line that Bran says about "Chaos is a ladder" is something that Littlefinger said to Varys back in season 3. https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/bran-littlefinger-chaos-is-a-ladder-callback/ Edited August 9, 2017 by Rey_Piste
Paid Members PunkStep Posted August 9, 2017 Paid Members Posted August 9, 2017 Aaahhhh, thanks for clearing that up I couldn't hear that line from Bran clearly but thought that's what he said, although I had no idea of its relevance as I forgot the time it was originally used.
Recommended Posts