Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

I think after the meeting with Nymeria arya isn't heading north now. She realised being a tamed beast wasn't the wolf anymore, and heading north wasn't for her anymore. She needs to live a different life 

This makes sense, I was struggling to see the point of that scene but this fits. I was semi-hoping she'd become some Mowgliesque character and command a pack of Direwolves. 

On 26 July 2017 at 8:47 AM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

If we are getting Clegane Bowl then we may have to wait. The Hound is going north to fight the Night's King and there is no way The Mountain is leaving Kings Landing at the minute. 

Oh yeah I'm well aware that it could be a case of waiting until the final couple of episodes. I was just meaning that if Arya was the one to take out The Mountain it would be a major letdown. Mountain & Hound haven't had any interaction since they had that sword fight at the Hand of the King Tournament in Series 1. Since then Mountain has died and been brought back as an unstoppable killing machine, and having he and The Hound fight it out to the death this time with Hound going over is the only way to go. I'm picturing Hound returning to King's Landing declaring "fuck the queen", calling back to him leaving the King's Guard in the first place, to which The Mountsin gets sent in to take him out. I know that had a couple of interactions in Series 3, but not enough to warrant Arya being the one to end him,  I know he made the list but still. It would be like if the Night King was taken out by Jorah, to not pay off that fight and Mountain burning his brother from when they were kids would be a massive "fuck you" to the audience. You could go with Mountain about to kill Arya and have Hound make the save, having him come full circle to pay off his relationship (not that kind) with Arya.

Obviously this is all just fantasy booking on my part, but Mountain falling to the hands of 15 year old Arya (or however old she's meant to be), whether she's wearing someone else's face or not, I just can't see as being anything other than a disappointment

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Delete that, dickhead.

Don't worry, I've read the books and I have no idea what he's talking about.

Although he should know that the thread title clearly says 'no book wankers'.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

The "Peel Face Reveal" took so long for Arya to learn @WyattSheepMask but has to be booked sparingly I agree. There are certain things that have to be paid off properly. Clegane Bowl is one for sure. For me Jamie killing Cersei is another. Also at some point Littlefinger has to go, not in a straight out murdered way, but in a finally politically out maneuvered way where he doesn't see it coming because he thinks he is ahead of the game but he really isn't.  

• Paid Members
On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:20 AM, Louch said:

I think after the meeting with Nymeria arya isn't heading north now. She realised being a tamed beast wasn't the wolf anymore, and heading north wasn't for her anymore. She needs to live a different life 

I took it as the wolf not being 100% about Arya. Recognising her but not serving her to reinforce the line that she's not turned into a completely 'faceless person' (like when she didn't straight up execute Ed Sheeran & his mates) but has still changed enough. I think she's still heading north though, she'll either meet Jon Snow on the road as he travels south or get to the wall & unexpectedly link up with Bran.

I think with the pace everyone gets around now and the fact everyone seems to have realised boats are quicker than walking, there are no interactions off the table. That Hound fantasy booking is quality though.

I reckon there's definitely a traitor in the midst with Daeny. That pointless delayed grilling of Varys and Diana Rigg planting the seeds for her to tell Tyrrion to shut up along with the boat ambush looks like it's leading to something. I reckon when we finally get the lovely incestuously charged show down  between Jon and Daeny, Jon will somehow get thrown to/faced with the dragons and come out of it unscathed leading to his big reveal.

• Moderators

The Nymeria/Arya scene is storytelling at its most basic. And not in a bad way, but it's weirding me out seeing stacks of different interpretations to something which seemed really on the nose.

Nymeria was forced out into the world on her own, and though she survived, she's harder now, through the things she's had to do, and can't go back to being a pet; to how she was. You know, like Arya. She's not magically going to be Ned Stark's little girl again just by going to Winterfell. She's a killer now. You can never go back home, and all of that.

Edited by Astro Hollywood