Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 51 minutes ago, hallicks said: Lovejoy as religious leader took me out of the moment way more. Never mind Dennis Pennis with a topknot. Aye, and Sharpe as Ned Stark and Abraham Setrakian as Walder Frey.
deathrey Posted July 18, 2017 Posted July 18, 2017 I think 'thats Dennis Pennis' every time he's on screen
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 It's at the point where I can't watch any films or tv for fear that someone in it has been in something else.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 18, 2017 Moderators Posted July 18, 2017 Acting should be like jury duty, and that way you'd never see the same actors more than once. It would everything loads more believable and realistic.
Paid Members herbie747 Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 (edited) It's not unusual to see the same actors in different things though. That's their arena. Paul Kay looks nothing like Dennis Pennis in it. The guy with the eye patch doesn't look like the cop from Fortitude anymore, etc. But if Bono turned up, it'd be fucking weird. Regardless of how good his acting was - don't say it wouldn't throw you for a second. Especially if he started singing. Edited July 18, 2017 by herbie747
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 I would put my foot through the telly if that cunt started singing.
Members SuperBacon Posted July 18, 2017 Members Posted July 18, 2017 With Paul Kaye, it's less him reminding me of Dennis Pennis, more the football hooligan character he played in those clips and vids. Also, was that Jim Broadbent in the first episode?
WyattSheepMask Posted July 18, 2017 Posted July 18, 2017 Yes it was. And that's the thing, you didn't see Roy Slater, but that was clearly just Ed Sheran
Keith Houchen Posted July 18, 2017 Posted July 18, 2017 Actors act, singers sing. That's why Ed Sheeran turning up in Game Of Thrones is jarring, because he is famous but not an actor.
Paid Members SpursRiot2012 Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 I have to agree with those saying it was pretty jarring. It was more like a cameo in an episode of Friends where the guest actor is basically just playing themselves.
Paid Members herbie747 Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 (edited) 28 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: Actors act, singers sing. That's why Ed Sheeran turning up in Game Of Thrones is jarring, because he is famous but not an actor. 17 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said: I have to agree with those saying it was pretty jarring. It was more like a cameo in an episode of Friends where the guest actor is basically just playing themselves. Precisely, lads. Edited July 18, 2017 by herbie747
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 The problem isn't having singers in GoT, they have been in before. Sigur Ros were singing at Joffrey and Cressida's wedding. Gary Lightbody out of Snow Patrol sings as one of the Bolton soldiers in Walk Of Punishment. The problem with Sheeran is that he isn't very good.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 18, 2017 Moderators Posted July 18, 2017 Nah. He was fine. No one knows what Sigur Ros look like or who the fuck Gary Lightbody is. Also the camera really lingered on him like some bad product placement.
Paid Members PunkStep Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said: And that's the thing, you didn't see Roy Slater I did, all throughout that scene I couldn't concentrate on whatever the fuck that idiot Sam was doing, ruined my viewing. All I could think of is a big-bearded old wartime sailor, confusingly asking "Who's Rachel?"
Members SuperBacon Posted July 19, 2017 Members Posted July 19, 2017 58 minutes ago, PunkStep said: I did, all throughout that scene I couldn't concentrate on whatever the fuck that idiot Sam was doing, ruined my viewing. All I could think of is a big-bearded old wartime sailor, confusingly asking "Who's Rachel?" Very good Punker. "Oh this'll be lovely Samwell. You'll be one of my grasses in my pocket. I can take you out and bounce you around whenever I feel bored"
Recommended Posts