The King Of Swing Posted July 18, 2017 Posted July 18, 2017 I don't really follow the charts these days (and watch even less TV) so didn't even realise who it was. Obviously I've heard of Ed Sheeran but would struggle to pick him out in a line up. Don't see why people are getting bent out of shape over his appearance. Oh wait yeah I do, it's the fucking internet.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 18, 2017 Moderators Posted July 18, 2017 It was shit, because it breaks your immersion totally. But it's not really that big a deal.
Paid Members herbie747 Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 (edited) I have no problem with him as such - but as Chest said - he's too famous. It kills the suspension of disbelief. All I could see was Ed Sheeran and completely lost concentration on the scene. It took me out of the moment almost 100%. His face is too recognisable. It'd be like if Slash walked into Winterfell with his top hat on. Edited July 18, 2017 by herbie747
The King Of Swing Posted July 18, 2017 Posted July 18, 2017 Fair play. I didn't even recognize him so it didn't pull me out of the scene. Can agree with it bothering people that actually pay attention to the wider world.
Paid Members PunkStep Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 Don't be ridiculous. A plain-looking ginger fella and an eccentric nutter with one of the biggest manes of hair in rock music and a bloody top hat are not the same.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 18, 2017 Moderators Posted July 18, 2017 It's obviously a slight comic exaggeration, but it really is the same thing in its effect it has on you when watching. If I didn't know who he was, then he would have totally fit in. But I did, and he didn't. Bad casting decision.
wordsfromlee Posted July 18, 2017 Posted July 18, 2017 1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said: Apparently he's quite Twitter over the shit he's getting about his cameo. Again?! He quit Twitter a few weeks ago over the shit he got about his Glastonbury set.
Paid Members herbie747 Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 12 minutes ago, PunkStep said: Don't be ridiculous. A plain-looking ginger fella and an eccentric nutter with one of the biggest manes of hair in rock music and a bloody top hat are not the same. I was exaggerating for effect. Of course it's not the same. But my original point stands - he's too famous. I spent the entire scene looking at him & what he was doing. If I didn't know who he was, he'd have been fine. Was nothing wrong with his look or acting. So I don't object because I dislike him (I'm indifferent to him) - I object because it was distracting & unnecessary. And I only mildly object - it's not a big deal.
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 Speaking of too famous Herbert, there is another cameo in this series that will cause uproar. I can guarantee that he won't quit twitter in a huff if people complain.
Paid Members herbie747 Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 9 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Speaking of too famous Herbert, there is another cameo in this series that will cause uproar. I can guarantee that he won't quit twitter in a huff if people complain. Yeah but at least he looks like a warrior! We'll see... it may also take me out of the moment.
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 What you have stumbled on there was part of the point of the scene. Those soldiers were not supposed to look like warriors. They were supposed to look like ordinary folks who had been pressed into service of the Lannisters. Arya has her kill list, it includes a lot of Lannisters, had they looked like warriors they would have been dead.
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 I was very confused at why Big Benny HG was singing on Game of Thrones, and then I realized he was hanging out with the lad from This is England, and Pete Postlethwaite's son, and THEN I realized it was Ned Sherrin.
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted July 18, 2017 Moderators Posted July 18, 2017 Unbelievable wasted opportunity of having Sheeran cameo, but not play some sort of goblin, the World-of-Warcraft-quest-giver-looking cunt.
Paid Members hallicks Posted July 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2017 Lovejoy as religious leader took me out of the moment way more. Never mind Dennis Pennis with a topknot.
wordsfromlee Posted July 18, 2017 Posted July 18, 2017 On the upside, there's a chance we'll get to see a brutal Ed Sheeran death soon.
Recommended Posts