Jump to content

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
19 minutes ago, Polish Dad said:

It was the original Targaryen throne, afaik. Dragonstone was the ancestral home of the Targaryens.

Yep, they were a relatively small Valyrian house and moved there from Valyria not long before the Doom, I think. After Aegon's conquest King's Landing became the capital and seat of the king, whilst Dragonstone served as the home of the Prince (and heir). Therefore the throne shown, presumably, was never a King's throne but rather a Prince's throne.

Posted

Anyone else think the wall will fall this series after it was mentioned what a good job it's done protecting everyone at least half a dozen times in last night's episode?

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Yes, my friend said the same thing this morning. Neither of us know how the fuck it will happen, something to do with those WHITE WALKING GIANTS~ maybe. They seem to be heading towards a big fuck-off battle at Eastmarch-by-the-Sea as well.

Edited by PunkStep
  • Paid Members
Posted

The Night's King was able to go into the cave of the Three Eyed Raven because he had touched Bran. Why can't he go past the wall now that Bran has gone south of the wall?

 

Apart from that the wall is definitely coming down at some point. 

  • Members
Posted

Was the big giant white Walker type thing we saw the same giant that was killed in the last series on Jons side or am I missing something? (Sorry I watch it but I don't know all the names of people/clans)

oh and shout out to Jorah Mormont, the absolute "friendzone" prick. Bless him. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
Just now, SuperBacon said:

Was the big giant white Walker type thing we saw the same giant that was killed in the last series on Jons side or am I missing something? (Sorry I watch it but I don't know all the names of people/clans)

There were a few Giants in the distance but I think the implication was that it was "Wun wun", yes.

Posted

The Hound was the highlight of the episode for me. Wonder what's up with the random soldiers Arya bumped into?

Sansa and Littlefinger were the low points. Both can fuck right off.

The Wall is definitely coming down.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Someone's made an amusing TL;DW

https://imgur.com/a/hFMaA

The highlight for me was

Quote

 

nKSEJij.png

0iOT2Yd.png

SvnVhmA.png

 

 

Edited by Onyx2
I can't for the life of me remember how to do spoilers in this skin. Can someone remind me?
  • Paid Members
Posted

Arya: “Wow – nice song”
Ed: “Yeah – it’s a brand new track. Coming out on August 5th”.

Fuck off.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Wonder what's up with the random soldiers Arya bumped into?

 

Did you recognise any of them? I liked that scene- it reminded us that Arya, this newfound killer, was still human after all. She saw their swords and probably thought about killing them all purely on the basis they were Lannister soldiers but then realised they were seemingly decent normal people, just doing their duty.

@herbie747 Ed had the line 'it's a new song' because it actually was a new song in their world- it was written by a bard as a reference to Tyrion's relationship with Shae.

Edited by PunkStep
  • Paid Members
Posted

Really? Fuck sake. The cunts have been out in force this week haven't they, first with the Doctor Who news and now this. Why are people so shit?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...