DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

It's brilliant.

I watched Jack Reacher. Fuck you, I liked it. Herzog was either pantomime or sinister.

Is it not over with the critics then?  I really enjoyed it, particularly the music and sound design.  Looking forward to the Mission Impossible they are doing together.

Watched Fury last night, aside from being way too long  and Training Day in WW2, it was decent enough.

Lots of 'murky' ambiguity, but nothing really shocking. It is somewhat depressing all of the way though and it tries to pull on the heart strings way too much to the point that you wont be bothered what happens with anyone in it come the end ( I guess that's the point of the film? War desensitises)

Worth a watch if you want to see Daleks, erm I mean Tanks battle and fancy a war movie. 

• Paid Members

Watched a class documentary on Morton Downey Jr. that might interest you. It called "Evocateur: The Morton Downey Jr. Movie". No grappling in it. "Wrestlemania V" is never mentioned. Might be worth a watch. It's up on the U.S. version of Netflix.

Can never get links to work.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Interstellar is visually quite the spectacle, but the melodramatic parts absolutely stink and eventually sink the thing. It tries its hardest to be profound, but it all gets a bit too silly for that.

Nightcrawler, on the otherhand, is masterful. Maybe the best film I've seen this year. I've never been a huge Jake Gyllenhaal fan, but his work as Louis Bloom has changed that. All in one, he manages to come across as desperate, creepy, charming and dangerous. A great bit of acting from that man.

Watched Inbetweeners 2nd Movie last night. What a pile of shit. I didn't have high hopes and have been putting off watching it for a while. Finally watched it and it was far worse than I expected.

Thought the first movie was a good way to end it. However they would have made a shitload off making a second film so you can't really blame them can you?

Still not bothered about watching any of the Inbetweeners movies. The show works in it's half hour format, but the idea of it being stretched out over 90 minutes does not appeal to me at all. Plus comedy shows very rarely make good movies. And comedy sequels are usually dreadful. There are probably exceptions to these rules but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

• Paid Members

Still not bothered about watching any of the Inbetweeners movies. The show works in it's half hour format, but the idea of it being stretched out over 90 minutes does not appeal to me at all. Plus comedy shows very rarely make good movies. And comedy sequels are usually dreadful. There are probably exceptions to these rules but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Police Squad -> Naked Gun Trilogy.

• Paid Members

Watched a class documentary on Morton Downey Jr. that might interest you. It called "Evocateur: The Morton Downey Jr. Movie". No grappling in it. "Wrestlemania V" is never mentioned. Might be worth a watch. It's up on the U.S. version of Netflix.

Can never get links to work.

Excellent one that. Explains where he got his arsehole character from.

Police Squad -> Naked Gun Trilogy.

Good example sir. 

If you enjoy The Inbetweeners tv show then there's no reason why you shouldn't enjoy the film's. I think they actually do a half decent job of converting the shows to film format but it's the same cock and balls jokes that if you enjoy on the telly you'll enjoy in the film.

Nightcrawler is my second favourite film this year after Guardians of the Galaxy. The Patrick Bateman comparison is pretty apt and the films outcome whilst fairly predictable is still pretty satisfying.