DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

I watched St Vincent the other day. An average film elevated by Bill Murray who is having a ton of fun in this film. The world needs more Bill Murray. Melissa McCarthey isn't that annoying in it either and the kid is pretty likeable.

I thought Melissa McCarthey was hilarious in The Heat.

• Moderators

I stayed up late watching Green Street on TV last night. Needless to say it wasn't worth how tired I feel at work today. It must have been Shitty English Accent season on whatever channel I was watching as one of the Ocean's films with Don Cheadle was on earlier*.

Anyway. Despite being stupid trash it was actually a kinda fun film, mostly because of how silly it is. Charlie Hunnam really is the worst ever. Anyway, anyone managing to stick it out to the end would have been treated to one of the worst rap songs ever recorded over the credits. American accent, rapping about being in a football firm with your crew and forever blowing bubbles.. It's hilarious. I'm going to have to find it online.

* I may have actually changed the channel, probably because of said film.

• Paid Members

Charlie Hunnam managing to be British, yet have the least convincing accent in the film is truly a thing to behold.

I'm working my way through the last series of Sons of Anarchy (guilty pleasure) and there is a scene with him talking to someone in prison that is supposed to be building to a huge reveal and he delivers it with all the passion and conviction of someone taking my order at a drive thru.

• Moderators

In fairness it started a bit weak, but I got into it as it went on.. this was the second time I've tried to watching it after having turned it off ten minutes in the first time. And then last night the internet in the hotel wasn't working and I had only three films on my laptop...

• Paid Members

The frat house's parties were so over the top it completely took me out of the story (not that the story was up to much). I don't know why they go so over the top in these films, there's no subtlety. I also hated the main couple, despite me being in a long term happy relationship I found them annoying and I didn't side with them at all, the sickly bit at the end made me gag as well, fuck that film. You know a film is shit when as a straight man the only redeeming feature you can find is Zach Effron looked good.

Edited by Call me Bellend

• Paid Members

Charlie Hunnam managing to be British, yet have the least convincing accent in the film is truly a thing to behold.

In his defence he's a geordie. It's the equivalent of asking a Hungarian to do a typical 'British' accent.