DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Interstellar : It’s really, truly quite bad. It looks wonderful, I can’t fault that (at points the visuals are awe inspiring) but the lack of soul and humanity (given the story is all about humanity) is really disappointing.

I’m a Nolan fan. Always have been, and I love his movies even though it’s the norm to pistol whip the cunt over the last few years, but this was just terrible. It tries to invoke Kubrickian tones and deliver to us a thought provoking sci-fi, but it winds up like Europa Report meets Castaway.

Zimmers score also makes no sense and Hathaway – who I’d gladly rim after she’d had a brussell sprout curry supper – was woefully miscast, and given some of the most cringeworthy lines I’ve heard in modern cinema.

All in all, a very arrogant, self indulgent movie which thinks it’s smarter than it is.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

Interstellar :

All in all, a very arrogant, self indulgent movie which thinks it’s smarter than it is.

Which somes up the last two Batman films and Inception. I loved momento when it first came out. Also enjoyed Insomnia, Batman Begins and The Prestige. But since then that quote somes up his career. I loved inception when I first saw it. When I watched the Blu Ray I realised it was the ascetics I enjoyed and not the movie.

Before anyone says anything, Ledger made TDK. I didn't like the film, but he was great in it

• Paid Members

Gary Oldman over every cunt in that Trilogy.
I loved The Dark Knight because it was what I always wanted a Batman movie to be.

I was 9 when Burton’s Batmang came out, and that to me was shockingly outrageous, dark and captured the essence of the Batman comics I had devoured at that age.

Then along came Nolan’s ‘Begins’ and took elements from the more grown up comics, put his own twist on it and I was like “Fuck Tim Burton! Not Keaton though. Keaton rules! But Fuck Tim Burton!!!”.
The Dark Knight followed and I sat there for over 2 hours near drowning my undercrackers with gruel. I was blown away by his take on Batman and as an avid Batman reader, I actually believed what was before my eyes was the best possible incarnation of the Dark Knight and supporting characters I’d ever see on film. It was ballsy and it paid off, but that’s my wee opinion.

The Dark Knight Rises was shit until the third act where it just became ‘mediocre action’.

Ledger was wonderful in TDK, I think. Cliché to say so, but his Joker was so on point for what the Joker should be like in this day and age.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

Is Interstellar loud? It looks loud.

Whoever is cast as the daughter says it was loud. She was on the One Show last week and said it was loud as it was "A movie not to be watched. It's a movie to be experienced." I don't think I will be doing either.

Is Interstellar loud? It looks loud.

Whoever is cast as the daughter says it was loud. She was on the One Show last week and said it was loud as it was "A movie not to be watched. It's a movie to be experienced." I don't think I will be doing either.

Went to see it today and yes it is very loud. So loud at times that it shook the cinema I was in.

Other than some overbearing and too loud music though, I did really like it. It tells a good story, is well acted, has some good tense moments, has some heart-breaking moments, and it has some great visuals. It has its flaws, but they did not stop me from being entertained throughout.

Edited by DJM