What are the chances of WWE actually buying the TV library if everything does go tits up for TNA?

A lot of people think it's not going to happen. In my mind, if it were available, I can't see the WWE not wanting to pick it up. For as shit as TNA can be at times, more often than not there are some fine in ring pickings. You have to think that footage of Kurt Angle, Sting, Hogan, Bischoff, Team 3D, Christian, RVD, Flair etc will come in use somewhere down the line for match comps and documentaries. A "Rise and Fall" type documentary, legends table discussions, etc etc. I just can't see them not wanting it. 

Kurt Angle compilations, Jeff Hardy compilations, Sting compilations, Mr Anders- hahaha, can't even get that one out.

You'd have to think, with Angle being a major star WWE still seem to regard highly and acknowledge in their retrospective stuff (such as Raw 1000 flashbacks), they'd want to produce a great Blu Ray set, it'd be a bit disingenous to ignore half of Angle's career after TNA's dead.

They could use it to pad out the Network even more. There are plenty of matches that could be put to use in some way, not just box sets. For the cost they could pick it up they might as well.

WWE like having a huge tape library, I can't see why they wouldn't want the (distant) number two promotion of the last ten years in as well

The only real purpose of TNA footage would be ridicule, or to show low points in careers before the triumphant return to WWE. And that works alright if it's Jeff Hardy going there for two years because they let him smoke crack, but when you get to the likes of Angle, Sting and the Dudleys spending a decade there, it's just sad to highlight it. 

• Paid Members

Imagine the WWE Network showing the Sting/Jeff Hardy main event? or the RVD/Abyss/Janice angle. All having TNA footage would do is bury current stars there with dodgy shit they did in TNA.

They should buy the library just so they dub over the commentary with current WWE names ripping the piss out of them. Heck I would buy a DVD set of nothing but Vince and Triple H just dumping on the whole product for 10 hours.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

I'd imagine WWE's interest would depend entirely on how much it's going for. It isn't like it's WCW or even ECW. The vast majority of WWE fans don't know TNA even exists, and a lot of those that do think it's crap. Is TNA being on the network really going to convince anybody to sign up?

I think it would have far more value to whatever company took over the time slot. Having footage of your stars in the ring Hogan, Sting, Hardy, etc, would be huge for a new company trying to establish themselves, not to mention the possible merchandising aspect.

I don’t want WWE to acquire TNA’s video library, because then they’ll neglect releasing WCW footage in order to ridicule TNA.

Not a chance mate the wcw library is earning the wwe money. 4 out of the 5 top selling dvds last year were wcw dvds. There wouldnt be a demand for tna dvds

• Paid Members

I don’t want WWE to acquire TNA’s video library, because then they’ll neglect releasing WCW footage in order to ridicule TNA.

Not a chance mate the wcw library is earning the wwe money. 4 out of the 5 top selling dvds last year were wcw dvds. There wouldnt be a demand for tna dvds

The WWE are supposedly shocked at how popular the WCW content is on the Network, too.

For some bizarre reason WWE seemed to underestimate the appeal of their WCW library. It's only really been the last 5 years where we've had a lot of WCW specific DVDs.

Anyway, on topic. The TNA brand means nothing.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Imagine the WWE Network showing the Sting/Jeff Hardy main event? or the RVD/Abyss/Janice angle. All having TNA footage would do is bury current stars there with dodgy shit they did in TNA.

Which is obviously why you would be selective to what you put out. I'm not the biggest TNA fan by a long stretch, but I wouldn't be as ignorant as to deny there have been some classic matches over the years. 

They should buy the library just so they dub over the commentary with current WWE names ripping the piss out of them. Heck I would buy a DVD set of nothing but Vince and Triple H just dumping on the whole product for 10 hours.

Sign me up for that DVD