Raw discussion. Shit is on. ***Spoilers***

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Holly was in the business 25 years and never smacked a fan. That is through years of going into the crowd to do hardcore matches during an era where the wrestlers played to heated crowds and not a bunch of fat fucks in green t-shirts and children. I don't think there is any instances of a WWE wrestler smacking a fan while in the crowd. All this "if it was him and wasn't him" shite is irrelevant, considering it has never happened. And therefor should be avoided.

I remember Eric Cantona getting an eight month suspension for hitting a fan when I was 11. And he "barely hit him" either.

It just rediculous now. The interaction with the fans and wrestlers is now going to feel such a detached experience i think after this. Its now going to feel like you are going to the movies you sit there you watch you go home. I feel the product is going to change and the immersive nature of wrestling is going to be lost down to incidents like this as WWE won't want any lawsuits or bad PR like this so the only way you will hear boos is if the storyline is good enough and the wrestler is a good enough character to boo as I don't see the WWE having the wrestlers even verbally attack the local crowd anymore to get cheap heat.

• Paid Members
If Bob Holly had smacked a fan, people would be saying he only did it in self defence and he didn't do anything wrong.

Do you access the same internet that I do?!

When I think of the myriad wrestling sites, running the gamut from newz-sites to people who compulsively watch and over-analyse wrestling from past years, that I've visited over the years I can't think of any besides this one whose denizens don't hate Holly and wouldn't demand he be fired or jailed. He's nearly unanimously loathed.

It just rediculous now. The interaction with the fans and wrestlers is now going to feel such a detached experience i think after this. Its now going to feel like you are going to the movies you sit there you watch you go home. I feel the product is going to change and the immersive nature of wrestling is going to be lost down to incidents like this as WWE won't want any lawsuits or bad PR like this so the only way you will hear boos is if the storyline is good enough and the wrestler is a good enough character to boo as I don't see the WWE having the wrestlers even verbally attack the local crowd anymore to get cheap heat.

That entire statement is rediculous.

Putting aside the fact that I disagree with everything you said, how would WWE wanting to avoid lawsuits result in fans only booing a good enough storyli... forget it. :crazy:

• Paid Members
The facts are, CM Punk’s painfully protracted title reign has left most viewers turning off in their millions. Those that do enjoy it are, I suspect, the kind of socially awkward loners who watch on illegal streams.

What does watching something on an illegal stream have to do with your social skills and number of acquaintances? You might as well have said everyone that eats KFC drives a Ford Mondeo, it would have made as much sense in this topic.

Anyone that thinks Punk will get suspended or even the title taken off of him is mental. We had a good thread discussing who the next big face of the company was going be but none talking about the big heel because that's a given, it's Punk. He'll get his knuckles rapped and maybe a fine but that'll be the end of it. He's getting the best heat anyone's managed for years and he's the reason Ryback's so over, they're not going to throw that away over a semi-justified retaliation(albeit at the wrong person).

RE: Bob Holly being a cunt, wasn't it also said that he used to go stiff when working with the new kids? And if I recall correctly, didn't it lead to Lesnar breaking his arm?

• Paid Members
We had a good thread discussing who the next big face of the company was going be but none talking about the big heel because that's a given, it's Punk.

Wouldn't have been a long thread, since there is absolutely no one on the roster who is a heel. The roster is completely on its arse. He'd have been punished if there was any talent on the roster, but there isn't. Its full of nearly men and potential topline babyfaces. Its back to how it was in 1995. All the stars are babyfaces and therefor there is nobody to draw with the babyfaces. Sheamus, Orton, Cena and even Punk up until the summer were all faces. Where are the heels?

• Paid Members
RE: Bob Holly being a cunt, wasn't it also said that he used to go stiff when working with the new kids? And if I recall correctly, didn't it lead to Lesnar breaking his arm?

Angle broke his arm by accident on a moonsault. Lesnar broke Holly's neck with a powerbomb I believe.

Holly was in the business 25 years and never smacked a fan. That is through years of going into the crowd to do hardcore matches during an era where the wrestlers played to heated crowds and not a bunch of fat fucks in green t-shirts and children. I don't think there is any instances of a WWE wrestler smacking a fan while in the crowd. All this "if it was him and wasn't him" shite is irrelevant, considering it has never happened. And therefor should be avoided.

I remember Eric Cantona getting an eight month suspension for hitting a fan when I was 11. And he "barely hit him" either.

I'm sensing a lot of aggression, Ian. Did YOU once get hit by a wrestler, breaking your dark glasses?

Archived