Raw discussion. Shit is on. ***Spoilers***

IANdrewDiceClay

Oh come on. I like CM Punk, but he's never going to ever be easily the best thing in WWE unless somebody assassinates John Cena.

I didn't say he was the most lucrative thing in the company, I said he's the best thing in the company. His crowd reactions of late have been eclipsing even those that Cena has been getting. He's far more interesting, a far better promo, and is simply more watchable.

I don't mind Cena right enough, but he's become a bit of an after thought of late, especially since they hooked Heyman up with Punk.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Oh come on. I like CM Punk, but he's never going to ever be easily the best thing in WWE unless somebody assassinates John Cena.

I didn't say he was the most lucrative thing in the company

I never said that either.

• Moderators
There's no justification for smacking a fan. Especially when that person did nothing wrong.

I think the reaction in this thread would be different had it been Scott Steiner, or some other roided up 90's hero.

Not heard of the "Bob Holly Defense"?

There's no justification for smacking a fan. Especially when that person did nothing wrong.

I think the reaction in this thread would be different had it been Scott Steiner, or some other roided up 90's hero.

Not heard of the "Bob Holly Defense"?

I haven't. :blush:

What is it?

• Moderators

Basically, if Bob Holly would do something physical to someone and you'd get upset by it, then you have to get upset when anyone does it. It's basically so people can't pick favourites or be hypocritical when it comes to stuff like bullying and behaviour in wrestling. For example, Eddie Guerrero threw Matt Strikers bags out of a changing room and wouldn't let him change in there. If Bob Holly did it, everyone would have gone on about how much of a bullying cunt Bob Holly is, and so that means Eddie Guerrero was a cunt who acted in a cunt way.

• Paid Members
Where did Hollys reputation come from anyway? Was it purely from Tough Enough where he smacked Matt Capotelli about then, which on the episode Capotelli accepts it says its cool and moves on? Or are there other things?

From what I've heard, its mainly because Holly is a "no-nonsense" sort of guy. Its not to say he isn't fun, but just don't fuck around with him.

An example I heard from the London/Kendrick shoot, was that apparently a lot of (not all of course but a lot) the OVW wrestlers used to try and get out of training, or would just mess around instead of learning anything. Then Bob Holly would turn up and kick the crap out of everybody (verbally and physically) as he didn't like there attitude. According to many people, he actually is a great guy, but if you're a bit of a tit like Matt Striker you'll get picked on.

His matches with JBL on Smackdown were awesome.

• Paid Members
If Bob Holly did it, everyone would have gone on about how much of a bullying cunt Bob Holly is, and so that means Eddie Guerrero was a cunt who acted in a cunt way.

Not necessarily. In the same way that people's biases to their favourites mean that they judge things in a more agreeable light it could also be the case that their hatred of Holly means that something relatively harmless gets tagged as a negative. Holly might get called a bullying cunt not because a particular incident merits it but simply because his association with it causes them to report it in that way.

It's not a million miles away, in my mind, to the fact that most people explode at Cena's "JBL is poopy" but find Rock's "popcorn fart" hilarious, to the point that the latter generated an arena-wide chant immediately afterwards. Both were awful.

Archived