Raw discussion. Shit is on. ***Spoilers***

IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators
"During last night's Raw televised event, WWE Superstar CM Punk exited the ring into the stands as part of the show. WWE security was unfortunately not in the appropriate place at the time. Given CM Punk's persona as a 'bad guy,' fans were naturally heckling him, but unfortunately a few fans began shoving him and one struck in him in the kidney and on the back. WWE regrets that proper security measures were not in place, and CM Punk apologizes for reacting in the heat of the moment. Other than this isolated incident, WWE always provides proper security to ensure the safety of our fans and our performers."

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

And from TMZ:

Police in Sacramento, CA have interviewed a WWE fan who was punched in the face by CM Punk during a live televised event Monday night ... TMZ has learned.

The incident occurred on "Monday Night Raw" -- when Punk went into the crowd after a match ... and several fans began to get physical with him.

At first, Punk shrugged off the fans ... but the wrestler snapped when someone made contact with the back of Punk's head.

Punk unleashes a punch at the person he thinks hit him ... taking the guy down hard.

The victim met with police shortly after the incident ... and a rep for the Sacramento County Sheriff's Dept. tells us the man didn't appear to have any major injuries that required medical attention.

But later that night, the victim re-contacted police ... and said he had developed pain in his knees.

Cops say officers took the victim's statement and are determining whether to conduct a full investigation into the matter.

A rep for the WWE tells TMZ, "WWE security was unfortunately not in the appropriate place at the time. Given CM Punk's persona as a 'bad guy' fans were naturally heckling him, but unfortunately a few fans began shoving him and one struck him in the kidney and on the back."

The rep adds, "WWE regrets that proper security measures were not in place, and CM Punk apologizes for reacting in the heat of the moment."

"During last night's Raw televised event, WWE Superstar CM Punk exited the ring into the stands as part of the show. WWE security was unfortunately not in the appropriate place at the time. Given CM Punk's persona as a 'bad guy,' fans were naturally heckling him, but unfortunately a few fans began shoving him and one struck in him in the kidney and on the back. WWE regrets that proper security measures were not in place, and CM Punk apologizes for reacting in the heat of the moment. Other than this isolated incident, WWE always provides proper security to ensure the safety of our fans and our performers."

From where Punk was standing that could have been some nutbar trying to stab him. WWE is right. it's their fault for not having security to cover his exit.

Thinking about it... Isn't there a thread here more or less dedicated to wrestlers smacking the shit out of fans who jump the rail? I don't remember seeing Jeff Jarrett getting nicked for smacking the piss out of the bloke he goaded over the barriers.

But later that night, the victim re-contacted police ... and said he had developed pain in his knees.

....once somebody had told him he could get a shitload of cash from the incident.

Still, 'pain in his knees'!? He couldn't say 'headaches' or 'emotional trauma that will prevent him from ever attending another live wrestling show in his life'?. No. 'Pain in his knees'!?

If that's the best he could come up with the guy doesn't deserve any compo.

• Paid Members
Still, 'pain in his knees'!? He couldn't say 'headaches' or 'emotional trauma that will prevent him from ever attending another live wrestling show in his life'?. No. 'Pain in his knees'!?

That's how life is, though. Once he found out he was onto a winner/free foam fingers 4 life, he was straight back on the phone. If it was me he did that to, they'd have had to carry me out there, while I sold like Steamboat. As soon as he hit him, his initial reaction should have been "$DING$DING$DING$". I suppose the pain in the knees comes from when he shoved him on the ground, but fucking hell. I'd have went for the "Brainiarism" excuse that Mark Henry gave.

It reminds me of the time Paul Stanley threw his broke guitar to someone in the crowd. It hit him on the way down and the bloke sued. Still got the guitar part as well, the dick.

That's how life is, though. Once he found out he was onto a winner/free foam fingers 4 life, he was straight back on the phone. If it was me he did that to, they'd have had to carry me out there, while I sold like Steamboat. As soon as he hit him, his initial reaction should have been "$DING$DING$DING$". I suppose the pain in the knees comes from when he shoved him on the ground, but fucking hell. I'd have went for the "Brainiarism" excuse that Mark Henry gave.

Exactly. I agree. Go for the cash but at least says he gave you brain damage or something.

Do what the old pro's used to do - gig yourself, go home and sandpaper that bad boy into oblivion - and claim for 'severe head trauma'.

Don't ring up with 'pain in the knees'. :rolleyes: Sheesh!

Christ, the incident doesn't require this amount of pages. Security weren't in the right place. The majority of the blame lies with either the security company or WWE for not telling them to be there. I can't imagine this will amount to much in terms of punishment for Punk.

Also, in full heel mode, the majority of the UKFF aren't particularly good at seeing the potential of wrestlers. A lot of guys said Sin Cara was shit (which he was) but didn't seem to take into consideration that he's only worked lucha libre and never considered that he might learn the WWE style after some time. He's looking a lot better now and it'll probably lead to Mysterio vs. Sin Cara at Wrestlemania 29. It riled me when people would say Triple H can't be a great scout of talent if they've brought someone like Sin Cara in. As for Kharma, she was clearly one of the best female wrestlers but her apparently being mad didn't help her.

I vividly remember Ian seemingly believing everything Meltzer said about Ryback being dangerous. "Why else would he be working against mid card guys for so long?" Couldn't possibly be getting his act established before pushing him more...Seems like he's done a bit of a U-turn which could possibly be based on whether Dave Meltzer likes him this week or not. I find the majority of your posts to be a great read and you to be knowledgeable but I didn't agree with that one. Another example of common sense over Meltzer is when he reported that it was likely going to be Brock vs. Austin at Mania 29.

Great Raw though. Looking forward to how WWE pans out with a new head writer and seeing who it will be. Hope they can keep this momentum up.

EDIT: There was a point about Ryback being awkward at selling. He seems to be registering attacks rather than selling them, which is the way for him to go. He should sell things which are caused by his own mass such as running into the buckles. Obviously you've got to get to a point where he is selling, say against Cena, but it doesn't matter much against Primo and Epico.

But his name's Dario! Dario!

Hey-o ma ma ma.

Best raw in ages. Crowd were awesome, apart from "our man" of course. Kane's funniest one-liner in the current storyline. Heath Slater, woooo! Brilliant.

Notice some, not many, talents, content, seemingly, w/ their 'spots.' That mindset poisons the water. Solve problem or eliminate it. End of story.

Ryder? I'm not smark enough :'(

• Paid Members
I vividly remember Ian seemingly believing everything Meltzer said about Ryback being dangerous. "Why else would he be working against mid card guys for so long?" Couldn't possibly be getting his act established before pushing him more...Seems like he's done a bit of a U-turn which could possibly be based on whether Dave Meltzer likes him this week or not. I find the majority of your posts to be a great read and you to be knowledgeable but I didn't agree with that one. Another example of common sense over Meltzer is when he reported that it was likely going to be Brock vs. Austin at Mania 29.

What you fucking on about? You obviously know fuck all about my interests if you think that. If you go back and read the argument, that was before they began working him on the road, having him sell for his opponents and extend the amount of time he's in the ring. For months and months he worked non-contracted talent. He's been under contract for 7 years and hasn't worked a long match. The fact caught on is the reason they are pushing him. Fuck all to do with his talent. You think he's working a 20 minute match any time in the near future? Have a bit of consistency you plank.

Also, in full heel mode, the majority of the UKFF aren't particularly good at seeing the potential of wrestlers. A lot of guys said Sin Cara was shit (which he was) but didn't seem to take into consideration that he's only worked lucha libre and never considered that he might learn the WWE style after some time. He's looking a lot better now and it'll probably lead to Mysterio vs. Sin Cara at Wrestlemania 29. It riled me when people would say Triple H can't be a great scout of talent if they've brought someone like Sin Cara in. As for Kharma, she was clearly one of the best female wrestlers but her apparently being mad didn't help her.

Sin Cara is shit. They brought him in as a replacement for Rey Mysterio and a potential cross over star and his star has completely diminished and hasn't delivered the goods at all. "Oh two years after his debut, they are building him for a match that will mean fuck all to anyone". Big fucking deal.

You only need to look at the WWE official social media feeds to realise Punk isn't taking the hit, so to speak, for this. They are clearly of the opinion that he was left to fend for himself by crap security and he isn't to blame. I sort of see both sides, actually. The amount wrestlers get grasped, shoved or pushed about when security are there it must have been rank to be there without anyone holding the little shites back.

They could have shut this down much sooner though.

All they needed to do was institutionalise it. The minute the mainstream media got a whiff of hokey wrestling goings-on they'd have been off quick as shit. They should have got to the guy last night, given him a life time of tickets; any diva he wanted face-down-arse-up and had WWE.com immediately whore about a tout from Cena saying something along the lines of 'I was right! He's no longer interested in being the voice of the voiceless. Heymans poisoned him against the WWE Universe and now he's taking pot shots at the greatest fans in the world. Well, I invite (insert name here) to be my guest on Raw next week'.

Then on Raw you have the guy at ringside in a fucking throne with constant reference, interviews, high fives from babyfaces. Then have Punks punishment being he has to team with Heyman against Ryback/Cena. The guy gets out of his seat, kicks Punk in the knackers, Ryback hits a clothesline and Cena an AA. The three end the show with arms raised. Everybody's happy.

What you fucking on about? You obviously know fuck all about my interests if you think that. If you go back and read the argument, that was before they began working him on the road, having him sell for his opponents and extend the amount of time he's in the ring. For months and months he worked none contracted talent. He's been under contract for 7 years and hasn't worked a long match. The fact caught on is the reason they are pushing him. Fuck all to do with his talent. You think he's working a 20 minute match any time in the near future? Have a bit of consistency you plank.

Because everyone needs 20 minute matches. They should have given Goldberg more 20 minute matches.

He'd had matches on NXT before his run as Ryback. I think he may have had matches on Raw as Skip Sheffield before he got injured, but can't say with certainty. They've had him under contract for seven years. I'd imagine they kept him on for so long as they've seen something. My concern would have been that he's apparently had two Wellness strikes. What fact is why they're pushing him?

Archived