Raw discussion. Shit is on. ***Spoilers***

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reaction here is a bit laughable.yeah he slapped a fan.who cares?it was a stupid thing to do but the reaction is a reverse Jericho-because punk isn't flavour of the month he's done a terrible thing.

Also to all of those suggesting putting the title on ryback are you mental?the guy has never had anything more than a squash that was entertaining.he would take main events down to a terrible level and that just doesn't work anymore.if we put aside peoples views on cena when would a poorer wrestler have been given the title in the last ten years?it would be like watching paint dry

• Paid Members
he would take main events down to a terrible level and that just doesn't work anymore.

Because the WWE title is always in the main event.

Also, the Jericho and Punk things are both completely different. Punk punched a paying customer on live TV who didnt do anything and Jericho was reacting in a volatile situation outside the building when he was surrounded. Also the bloke is pressing charges. The suggestion both are the same is weak as piss.

If this man was in the crowd ...

1) Would he strike a fan?

2) Would he actually move or feel it if he was shoved or punched?

3) Would anyone dare try their luck?

Forget being in the crowd, some mentalist jumped the ring while Ryback was setting up for his lariat the other day.

Never underestimate the potential for stupidity with regards to wrestling fans.

I suppose Punk is unfortunate not to have the genetics of someone like Ryback, but that doesn't make him any less annoying. I think he's asking for treatment like that when he says "I'll smack you in the mouth if I don't like you" on the trailer for his DVD. No wonder Joe Bloggs fancies his chances. Any reasonably fit/built guy who has a bit of scrapping nous could probably have a go at Punk and come out on top.

Hang on didn't i hear someone hit the ring on ryback a few weeks ago and he stood there like a lemon whilst the ref dealt with it.if you put him anywhere near interacting with fans he'd probably cry in confusion.honestly i don't see how people think a green monster will be able to work main events without being exposed

Hang on didn't i hear someone hit the ring on ryback a few weeks ago and he stood there like a lemon whilst the ref dealt with it.

That's probably the best way to deal with it, if you're an aspiring superstar who is getting over. It sends a better message than setting about unsuspecting fans.

Two similarities to jericho.

First both were put in unsafe working conditions.

Second both acted stupidly - in jericho case there was no need to get out oftthe van or start jawing thereby ending up defending himself in a stupid and unnecessary manor.

the reactions seem way out of proportion.

Am i completely imaging the thread here a few weeks ago where people posted funny comments on wrestlers including the nwo & shawn michaels etc stomping fans jumping the barrier who in most cases were not attacking anyone.it seemed the safety first approach was welcomed.not necessarily the right approach but there we go.

Archived