Raw discussion. Shit is on. ***Spoilers***

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A proper bollocking? He just smacked a fan in the face. If he doesn't get suspension for that, I'd be stunned. I get there is no talent on the WWE roster at the minute and they need who they can, but Rey Mysterio got a 60 day suspension for not showing his note from the doctor the day he got a piss test. Punk (the Champion of the promotion) just put them in a position where they could be sued. You'd think they are going to stamp their foot down before this turns into a bit of a mess.

That's an odd one for WWE now. They can't be seen to justify that. That could fuck up the next few months plans, if the fat lad takes legal action.

It is an interesting point, in the video you only see Punk smashing the guy in the face so we don't know for sure if he's been provoked into it or if he's just randomly smacking a fan. Not that i condone what he's done either way because as you've said Ian no matter what, Punk has now potentially put WWE in a position where they could be sued to buggery and a few months worth of booking plans may gave to be scrapped.

Mike Douglas sent in the following:

I was at the Raw here in Sac... CM Punk decked that guy right pretty much in front of me... I took a pic on my page... They took him backstage right after... It was not staged, it was real, the dude slapped CM Punk in the back. And Ryback is SUPER over!!!!

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3...933273993_n.jpg

577374_354770294614111_1933273993_n.jpg

• Paid Members

From the Observer:

Sketchy details surround this but it was visible on television that C.M. Punk twice struck a fan while he was in the stands at Raw in Sacramento.

According to one ringside source, a fan shoved Punk. Punk responded by backhanding a guy, who may or may not have been the guy who shoved him. He then moved toward the guy and did a lunging type of push punch.

A bit harsh to say this, but it was be hilariously unfortunate if the lad he belted wasn't actually the person who shoved him.

EDIT: Here's a slow gif of it, from a phone.

punch2.gif

So Punk gets slapped in the back and he thinks it's alright to just turn around and punch the guy in the face. What a tool, i really hope they throw the book at him. Followed by the bookcase and the entire library brick by brick because that is just idiotic beyond belief. I could almost understand if say the guy had a knife or even if he'd smacked him in the back of the head or something but that's just pitiful and like i've said i hope Punk gets his arse torn up.

• Paid Members

I thought it was fair game that if you put hands on a wrestler you could expect hands back on you? The unwritten rule so to speak.

He doesn't even hit him in the face that much, he catches his hands more than anything.

The guy who got hit is filling out a police report:

The fan who was struck by C.M. Punk during the closing moments of WWE Raw spoke with CBS-13 report Laura Cole on Monday. "This fans says his face is a little warm after he says (Punk) hit him. He also says Punk broke his glasses. The fan is still still filling out a report with law enforcement... The fan and I just talked for a few minutes and then officers came up and asked to talk with him." Follow Cole on Twitter at Twitter.com/Colereporting.

Credit: prowrestling.net

If a guy aggressively pushed him first, then Punks retaliation could be argued as being a fair response in a us court. At least thats what all my hours of watching Judge Judy has taught me. :p

However to answer Ian's question about what would (imo) justify a backhand could include an assault (slap, punch or even spitting), or even a sexual assault (squeezing his arse, cupping his "little punks"). Also the level of damage Punks strike did will be a massive factor in the punishment Punk will and should get.

There's obviously a massive difference between:

- The fan grabs Punks junk, and in Punk's retaliation the guy merely gets a tiny bruise which requires zero medical attention.

- The fan saying "your shit punk" and Punk break his orbital bone.

I'm willing to bet that nothing of real consequence will come of this... Though we shall see.

Archived