Raw discussion. Shit is on. ***Spoilers***

IANdrewDiceClay

It seemed to me that Punk did twat the guy who touched him, but only because he was pushed from behind by the lad with the white shirt. If so, not so good for ol' CM.

I don't know if they'll punish Punk for that sort of situation. Punk doesn't have eyes on the back of his head, so doesn't know what the deal is. He's just going on instinct. Which I'm actually pretty sure WWE will be happy with.

The WWE are absolutly NOT happy with this. Vince flipped backstage and the victim has filed a police report. The story has also been picked up by local news. This might get ugly.

(source: Dave Meltzer)

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Laura Cole from CBS said this on twitter:

Just talked to the fan that says he was hit by @cmpunk. He says he never hit Punk. This fan says his face is a little warm after he says @cmpunk hit him. He also says Punk broke his glasses. The fan is still filling out a report with law enforcement.

On a more pathetic note, TMZ had this up as well yesterday:

A mother will do anything to protect her kid -- just ask former "Shark Tank" winner Shelly Ehler ... who's picking a fight with a 6'5", 239-pound WWE star after he made her 8-year-old cry.

Ehler -- who scored a $75k investment on "Tank" for her ShoNo towels -- has a serious beef with Alberto Del Rio ... who snatched her son's handmade sign during a WWE event in Anaheim, CA this weekend ... and RIPPED IT UP (or at least tried to).

In the video (above) Del Rio isn't quite strong enough to rip the sign in half (it is cardboard) ... so he takes off small, pathetic, chunks instead.

FYI -- it's standard practice for the wrestlers to interact with audience members "in character." In this case, the sign was pro-Sheamus ... the wrestling arch-nemesis of Del Rio.

But TMZ spoke to Shelly, who says her 8-year-old was terrified by the wrestler's actions and instantly burst into tears. She adds, "Del Rio is a bully. I looked at him and said 'he's crying' ... and he mocked him."

Shelly -- who says her 8-year-old cried all the all way home -- vented her frustrations to the wrestler on Twitter and then fired off a an angry letter to the WWE.

In the letter she says, "Take signs from adults NOT KIDS! My son was bullied by your superstars and it is not okay."

Despite her demands, Shelly claims she's heard crickets from Del Rio -- but his manager tweeted her back and said, "lol blah blah blah."

FYI -- as soon as Shelly contacted Sheamus about the incident ... he immediately offered to send her son a signed photo and meet with him next time he's in town.

Its not safe to go to a WWE event these days. You'll either get punched or have your sign ripped up.

A few Mania tickets, merch and a meet & greet and all is forgotten. Especially if he hasn't actually been injured. I'm sure his sunglasses didn't cost that much. Punk won't just get suspended, fined or anything like that without having the chance to explain himself. I know Vince is a bit of a maniac when he's pissed off but Punk surely has his reasons for lashing out, even if it was the wrong bloke.

I cringed when I heard Vince was doing Raw, even more when they booked Punk vs Vince for the Main Event. Boy was I wrong. It was brilliant. Ryback looked like a million bucks and I hope they hot shot the belt onto him, only to drop it back once Cena is fit.

I also really liked the Ryback/Cena interaction on the entrance ramp. Reminded me of Lesnar/Rock back when Lesnar was on his way to the title. Very well done.

• Paid Members

I bet Arn Anderson's powerful stiffy is yet to yield after this. I wonder what WWE will do with Punk, Meltzer was going on about them shitting it in case both Cena and Punk were to be out at the same time - I can see them at least making a big deal out of a heavy fine and maybe some Cloughfy-style make up with the fan. Be mince if they strip Punk of the belt, as he's right on course to make that Rock match something worth investing in.

The highlight of the show for me was the dumb (but funny) backstage segment featuring Team Hell No and Larry King, that Kane has some proper timing.

I can't believe how over Ryback is at the minute. While the "GOLDBERG" chants are still there, the majority now would rather cheer him.

Lack of AJ; always a winner.

A few Mania tickets, merch and a meet & greet and all is forgotten.

Linda is still in the running, this could be the perfect time to sue WWE for way more than that. Vince will be shitting his pants if he ever sues.

• Paid Members

https://twitter.com/i/#!/Colereporting/....com%2FThvmbMsM

There doesn't seem to be any physical damage to the guy himself. It seems the main thing he's complaining about is the fact that his glasses were broken. And what kind of adult wears sunglasses indoors at night time? Such a pet peeve.

Not really. As I said if its the wrong person then Punk has to simply apologise and offer the guy some stuff and its forgotten.

I will use that one should ever someone files a police report after I assault them.

• Paid Members
Not really. As I said if its the wrong person then Punk has to simply apologise and offer the guy some stuff and its forgotten. Clearly Punk didn't mean to hit that bloke so it can ease the situation.

That's not WWE's main concern, their main concern is the mainstream media picking this up and making WWE look like a bunch of cowboys, again. As others have stated, it's more ammunition for those running against Linda, at the worst time too. They can settle with this bloke in the next five minutes, but it isn't going to stop the media sensationalizing it.

Clearly Punk didn't mean to hit that bloke

Didn't he? It looked like he did. Have you actually watched it? He wasn't scratching his nose and hit him by accident, like. He went for him.

I think it's more a case of he didn't mean to hit that bloke as he wasn't the one that Punk was angry at. Which of course makes it all right, unless you're Bob Holly.

Archived