Raw discussion. Shit is on. ***Spoilers***

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Other RAW things...

Thoroughly enjoyed JBL's commentary again this week. I'm really not looking forward to Lawler coming back at all.

Was happy to see Cena open the show after his week off, then immediately disappointed as he went into some woeful comedy. Was better when he went on message of course. The goofy comedy is the only part of his act I don't like, particlarly on occasions like this where it doesn't even hit with the live crowd and I'm left cringing and waiting for him to stop. He's got plenty of charisma without it, so it's a shame he stil does these promos where he looks like he's trying way too hard and becomes less likeable as a result.

I liked the mini-tease of a Cena/Ryback meeting they had by making Ryback come out before Cena had left. Much like last week, I love me some Ryback. He looks really bad when he's selling though, partly because he just does it awkwardly and partly because the nature of the character makes it seem wrong. Again, I don't know what he's going to do in terms of a real feud or competitive match with someone but for now I love him doing murders and generally being a beastly destroyer man. The Goldberg chants seem to just be coming from the typical smarky smart arse contingent now, and the feed me more and finish it chants were infinitely louder than them this week. I don't think it's a concern any more personally and I'm glad.

R-Truth and Brodus were on my screen. I had the perhaps foolish thought that they might start to sow seeds for a Brodus heel turn when I saw he was facing R-Truth, but no. No. Oh well.

I thought Punk was fucking magnificent versus Vince. Absolutely brilliant. Also, I mentioned this last week but I really do love Heyman's off-mic performances during all of Punk's segments.

PTP vs Rey/Sin Cara was a good match. Enjoying the tag tournament so far, and I always enjoy the small high flyers vs. bigger power wrestlers match. I also feel the need to express my love for Rey/Sin Cara's matching gear and combined masks again.

I thought Sheamus and Wade Barrett had a cracking slugfest before Fat Albert showed up. Good stuff. Not even slightly interested in Sheamus vs Big Show, but Big Show launching him out of the ring looked tremendous.

Cena is a great talk show guest and ambassador for the company type figure isn't he?

Cesaro vs Kidd was loads of fun for how short it was

Kane/Bryan vs Ziggler/Del Rio was very good, but I feel like these four are in a bit of a loop and I expect to see the same thing again next week.

The Larry King segment was surprisingly fun. Nice to see Kofi Kingston do something other than have a match and smile, and Miz was decent in it tioo. Could have been much, much worse I thought.

Rhodes/Sandow was the quick squash win I hoped it would be. Heath Slater and the band are the greatest. Counting in the stomping was beautiful.

Backstage Larry King bit was too far. Please stop force feeding me Kane/Bryan. I love their schtick so stop trying to ruin it.

There was a divas match.

Main event was fantastic. As has been said, everyone involved is over and it felt like a real special attraction grandstand ending which I think they're going to need at least once or twice a month if people are expected to sit through three hour RAWs every week. Ryback looked like the fucking man. Loved it.

If it had been Steiner, the crowd would have parted like the red sea as soon as he went in there!

If it had been Steiner, the fan would be dead.

Probably pregnant too.

• Paid Members

I think he should get an 8 months suspension, community service where he teaches footy at a local Manchester school and be allowed to have Paul Ince accompany him to court.

Here's a awesome gif of it. Wonderfully shot. Poor bastard, but that actually gets funnier each time you see it. Its like something from Laurel and Hardy.

Y0J45.gif

Too Cold Scorpio is the star of the show.

• Paid Members

That makes it look like he has a spider sense for people putting shades on indoors. His reaction was completely involuntary, any man would have done the same.

• Paid Members

Cant believe this is a debate, while others are pushing, the mobile phone footage shows the guy quite clearly falls into Punk the first time, puts up his hands to apologise, then hits punk when putting his glasses on by accident. Feel quite bad for him really.

I wish life was like how some people are justifying it. Life would be so much better if you can smack someone in the face and then say "sorry I meant to do that to someone else". But it isn't. And "t-shirts and tickets to an event" would work if he spilled coke on a fans t-shirt. Not when TMZ is reporting that the fan is pressing charges.

how is a wwe guy any different then a regular guy? If you get shoved by someone and are not a pussy you shove back. If someone hits you you hit them back. One guy shoved Punk pretty hard and the other guy smacked his head. I can see his getting upset about it. The one guy shoved punk and sort of laughed and taunted him because he felt like he was able to. That wasn't cool and shouldn't have happen. Security should have been around the area to keep the stuff from happening but that doesn't mean the guy should shove Punk and think it's ok and get away with it.

when streakers get onto football fields some times players slam them.

you enter their zone and you get what you get. When he goes into the crowd that's his zone keep your hands off the man.

• Paid Members
how is a wwe guy any different then a regular guy? If you get shoved by someone and are not a pussy you shove back. If someone hits you you hit them back. One guy shoved Punk pretty hard and the other guy smacked his head. I can see his getting upset about it. The one guy shoved punk and sort of laughed and taunted him because he felt like he was able to. That wasn't cool and shouldn't have happen. Security should have been around the area to keep the stuff from happening but that doesn't mean the guy should shove Punk and think it's ok and get away with it.

when streakers get onto football fields some times players slam them.

you enter their zone and you get what you get. When he goes into the crowd that's his zone keep your hands off the man.

Well, you are forgetting the fact that he smacked an innocent bloke. If I send you a picture of Omar that was actually meant Forrest, I'm sure you wouldn't be happy.

I can see why this has happened but lets face it Wrestling is totally different today than it was say in the 80's or even before that.

I mean when some body touches you'r head like that most people would react.

But Punk should realise what position he is in.

Its not in a smoked filled arena anymore,its on TV worldwide and everyones phones have cameras

Plus newsites and other media and Punk is as good as done for.

Cant say i blame him but he has to do better with the position he has been given.

Feel for guy that took the slap tho

Hope the guy in White gets outed

I think he should get an 8 months suspension, community service where he teaches footy at a local Manchester school and be allowed to have Paul Ince accompany him to court.

Here's a awesome gif of it. Wonderfully shot. Poor bastard, but that actually gets funnier each time you see it. Its like something from Laurel and Hardy.

Y0J45.gif

Too Cold Scorpio is the star of the show.

You can see quite clearly its the prick in white pushing the guy into Punk, what an absolute cunt.

And yeah, Punk over-reacted. Wouldn't suspend him or make him drop the belt though. Just a hefty fine from his dvd royalties would teach him to never do that again.

Very good Raw in general apart from the dreadful opening promo comedy from Cena and whatever the hell it was that Clay/Truth did.

Im quite surprised such a big deal is being made of this, has it been picked up by mainstream media in the US? Punk went too far, granted, and ive only seen the one gif posted above so not sure what this white t-shirt guy is supposed to have done but in that gif alone Punk is pushed in the back and gets a forearm on the top of his head and into the back of his head. I think the suitable action would have been to turn and push the guy down to his seat, swinging around like that was too much, but I dont think its that bad.

Archived