Raw discussion. Shit is on. ***Spoilers***

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I remember Eric Cantona getting an eight month suspension for hitting a fan when I was 11. And he "barely hit him" either

'Barely hit him'? This is a rather ridiculous comparison, seeing as Cantona was not physically provoked, jumped with a Kung-Fu kick into a crowd of people that included a woman and a kid I believe. It really is different to Punk slapping a guy who pushed him in the back.
It's not that ridiculous. Both jumped into the crowd and assaulted fans. The fact that WWE TOLD Punk to go into the crowd and stand around like a fuckwit, just means that they should share the blame for putting him in that situation without proper security around him.

RE: Bob Holly being a cunt, wasn't it also said that he used to go stiff when working with the new kids? And if I recall correctly, didn't it lead to Lesnar breaking his arm?

Angle broke his arm by accident on a moonsault. Lesnar broke Holly's neck with a powerbomb I believe.
If I remember rightly didn't Holly try to shoot on Lesnar with a stiff punch when he was performing the powerbomb which was what lead to Lesnar dropping him mid-move and Holly landing badly on his neck?
Nope. The story is that Holly wasn't co-operating and "sandbagged" Lesnar when he was trying to get him up and Lesnar dropped him because he didn't know what to do.

• Paid Members

JBL had an attack of guilt:

Wrestling has always had good guys and bad guys (heels), if there were no heels there would be no heroes.I remember being in Austin, Texas and cutting a promo on how UT had lost to Oklahoma and mocking the Longhorns (which killed me as I am a lifelong UT fan). Or, being in Dallas with Tony Dorsett (one of my heroes, again a lifelong diehard Cowboy fan) being there and cutting a promo on the Cowboys about why they were losers. Both of those just killed me, but it's a work-it's what I do.This past week I did 5 hours of TV for WWE, I am a heel announcer. I do my best to get over talent, story lines and hopefully entertain.This past week I said many 'heel' things not intended to offend but rather to entertain.I had said (working with two of best announcers in WWE history) that I was a 'dollar working with two dimes' (referring to JR and Cole).I had said Brodus Clay was a cross between LaToya Jackson and Free Willy or a 'Justin Timberlake trained sea monster'.I said Mil Mascaras had a huge ego and glad his nephew ADR did not (when in reality ADR has a huge ego filled character on TV), it was a way to entertain-or at least try.I went to Primo and Epico and made sure I had their title history as well as their father Carlo Colon's, so I could try and help them in a very short match with Ryback.I quoted their history, did my best to put them over and then made a comment with something to the effect of 'Primo comes from a great heritage his father was a 24 time Puerto Rico champion'. I added, 'he still owes me money... and many others'. I'm a heel.However, apparently I have offended Mr Colon and/or the wrestling community/office in Puerto Rico. This was never intended, there was no malice. I was trying to entertain--and put his kids over by listing their histories.So my apologies to Mr Colon, Primo and Epicco, and any of the other wrestling community in Puerto Rico that are now upset.I had assumed they would know that I was merely trying my best to do my job and no malice was intended-that is obviously not the case, please understand my only intention was to entertain.

Bully Ray on CM Punk

During an interview with The Buckethead Show, Bully Ray talked about the CM Punk incident on RAW where Punk struck a fan in the crowd."It was an unfortunate accident," said Bully Ray. "It was a heat of the moment type thing. It's happened many times before. It really was an accident, I'm glad that the fan realizes that it wasn't meant for him. It just happens, it's really not that big of a deal. Nobody got hurt."

Bully Ray on CM Punk

During an interview with The Buckethead Show, Bully Ray talked about the CM Punk incident on RAW where Punk struck a fan in the crowd."It was an unfortunate accident," said Bully Ray. "It was a heat of the moment type thing. It's happened many times before. It really was an accident, I'm glad that the fan realizes that it wasn't meant for him. It just happens, it's really not that big of a deal. Nobody got hurt."

Far too level headed. I'm pretty sure he should at least be executed.

I remember Eric Cantona getting an eight month suspension for hitting a fan when I was 11. And he "barely hit him" either

'Barely hit him'? This is a rather ridiculous comparison, seeing as Cantona was not physically provoked, jumped with a Kung-Fu kick into a crowd of people that included a woman and a kid I believe. It really is different to Punk slapping a guy who pushed him in the back.
It's not that ridiculous. Both jumped into the crowd and assaulted fans. The fact that WWE TOLD Punk to go into the crowd and stand around like a fuckwit, just means that they should share the blame for putting him in that situation without proper security around him.

RE: Bob Holly being a cunt, wasn't it also said that he used to go stiff when working with the new kids? And if I recall correctly, didn't it lead to Lesnar breaking his arm?

Angle broke his arm by accident on a moonsault. Lesnar broke Holly's neck with a powerbomb I believe.
If I remember rightly didn't Holly try to shoot on Lesnar with a stiff punch when he was performing the powerbomb which was what lead to Lesnar dropping him mid-move and Holly landing badly on his neck?
Nope. The story is that Holly wasn't co-operating and "sandbagged" Lesnar when he was trying to get him up and Lesnar dropped him because he didn't know what to do.
I've never really liked Holly, he always seemed a bit of a dick, seeing him rough up that guy on tough enough for no real reason and hearing stories about how he'd purposefully work stiff on new guys and sometimes just work stiff on anyone, I'm sure he worked stiff on one of the La Resistance guys, Rene Dupree maybe, because Dupree got a parking ticket in Holly's car, in my opinion things like that shouldn't spill over into the ring, he should have sorted it out in the back and if he wanted to get physical give him a smack backstage. You should really have a trust thing between you, know that your opponent is going to keep you safe and not go out to hurt you and breaking that trust, especially with a new guy in the business is just something an asshole does, how could a new guy go into a match then with any trust knowing someone decided to give him a hiding infront of a crowd of people and he could do nothing about it but take it? I'm sure Dupree had a big shiner from a house show where he went stiff on him for the parking ticket. I think it probably came from Holly trying to be a bully as he knew he was never anything really big and would never really become anything big in the wrestling business, it was just his way of feeling like one of the important guys. But to hear his stupidity in being a dick to the new guys went wrong and ended with him getting seriously injured kinda makes me feel like it was kharma waiting to happen really.

• Paid Members

Maybe Austin's neck injury was karma for beating his wife? Maybe Hogan being exposed for having a massive cock was karma for burying Billy Kidman?. Everyone in wrestling is a cunt. Karma doesn't come into it. Unless its that fat lass who lost the baby. And Bob got a main event payday out of it when he came back from his injury, so maybe that was karma for Brock accidentally dropping him on his bean.Also, Bob Holly made a good point. Who sandbags someone upside in a powerbomb? You are asking to be dropped on your head if you do that.

• Moderators

Where'd this "Bob Holly sandbagged Lesnar while this massive beast had him upside down" bollocks come from anyway? Holly's not a mong, and Holly admits it himself, it was just a fuck up. Nothing else.But congratulations for TheInvisibleBoy showing why the Bob Holly defence is the UKFF version of OJ Simpson's glove defence and even better.

• Paid Members

Right, as the sort of instigator of the whole Holly sandbagged on Lesnar thing, I've got another, probably ridiculous, point to raise. Anyone think Tensai went a bit bag-of-sand-like on Ryback last week? He couldn't lift fat Albert, yet managed Primo and Epico this week, can't imagine much weight difference but surely twice as awkward?Edit: I obviously don't mean the original instigator, I mean with regards to this thread.

• Paid Members

I've read somewhere that the Punk thing has now been reported on CNN. Not great if that's true.

It's on sportsillustrated.cnn.com.I fully understand that the non-WWE-viewer who visits the site will question the legitimacy but the inclusion of "All indications are that the incident was real and not part of the storyline" still makes me smile.

• Paid Members

Where'd this "Bob Holly sandbagged Lesnar while this massive beast had him upside down" bollocks come from anyway?

Funnily enough I'd never really thought about that until I was writing my post last night but you're right. It just seems to have appeared on the Internet and been taken as gospel, despite Holly himself being the only person that could possibly know what happened. I watched his YouShoot last night to hear his side of that story and he makes some really points about the shit he gets (particularly about why he battered Dupree: If you fuck up, admit it and apologise. Don't ignore it until the other guy has his driver's license suspended and a warrant out for his arrest.) He really does come across like a sound guy.JBL apologising to the Colons is hilarious. He did more to get them over as they were losing a 2 on 1 squash match than any other commentator has done since Epico debuted. He made them seem like a big deal which made Ryback seem like a bigger deal by being able to beat them both so easily. They should be thanking him and begging him to stick around.

Archived