Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

The mask looks much better than when he would half-arse his face paint. Probably quite costly to get custom masks made up to flog at the gimmick table though, he'd have to charge a lot for them.

If he's smart he'll have cheapo ones with the facepaint pattern printed on it that he can flog to kids for

• Moderators

Card for WrestleCade in Winston Salem on the 25 of Nov.

Matt Hardy/Gunner 30-minute iron man match w/ Jonny Fairplay, special guest timekeeper ECW vs WCW vs WWE: "Hurricane" Helms/Colt Cabana vs. CW Anderson/Shane Douglas vs Raven/Lodi Monster Mayhem Match: The Barbarian vs Rick Link w/ Shelly Martinez as special ref Reby Sky vs Jayne Jameson w/ Lei D Tapa as special ref Reid Flair vs Ric Converse w/ Amber O'Neal ROH Tag Match: Coleman/Alexander vs The Bravado Brothers Rock n' Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson) vs Russian Assassins (managed by Ivan Koloff) featuring Tommy Young, special guest referee 20 Minute Battle Royal w. TONS of people including Bo Dupp from ECW/TNA/WWE George South/The Masked Superstar vs. Manny Fernandez/Jimmy Valiant with Tommy Young, special guest referee

That's $10. TEN FUCKING DOLLARS. That's a super awesome card for that much.

• Paid Members

I don't think he's The Dark Child, that's what he's called his opponent, Chance Prophet (whoever that is). He's still Goldust.

Aaaahh, I see, makes more sense now seeing as the mask is virtually the Goldust face paint.

Card for WrestleCade in Winston Salem on the 25 of Nov.

Matt Hardy/Gunner 30-minute iron man match w/ Jonny Fairplay, special guest timekeeper

That's $10. TEN FUCKING DOLLARS. That's a super awesome card for that much.
I'd pay twice that for this match alone.

CM Punk's in a rich vein of form, isn't he? He's been canny class since his commentary schtick last year. His fued with Cena, joining Nexus (which I thought was excellent) and his title reign have been class and all peppered with his charisma-rich promos. Only bad thing was his 'Sheamus' esque face turn in which he ended up pandering to the fans with lame jokes and never sold anything. I fucking hate Sheamus.

CM Punk has been good the last couple of months, but before that, he spent about a year being shit. From the day him and Kevin Nash had a competition to see who could do the worst promos and ruin their potentially-entertaining feud the most, up until he started acting the cunt about the SummerSlam triple threat with Cena and Big Show, he was usually rubbish.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members
Watching WWE's tag teams boxset - John Morrison was one cool dude as a heel.

Indeed. Wasted stuff there. Morrison is one who is cursed by his blessings I think. Hes an amazing athlete capable of amazing things but his calling is certainly not being presented as a high flying flashy baby face. He has much more about him then that.

On the subject of Punk, Cena definitely brings the best out of him. He was tremendous in the lead up to his big angle before the 'spoke on the wheel' promo.

I'm a sucker for subtle (and maybe not so subtle) references and nods with anything really and I've really enjoyed the numerous little touches Cena/Punk has had this year in nod to their feud last year of which there have been loads. It's a real shame Cenas hurt and they can't do anything in the Cell, but then it could be for the better in the long run, but up until plans changed the Cena/Punk/Rock arc was fixing to be a great one.

The great shame with Morrison is that circumstances stopped him just being a tag wrestler. He was never cut out for live wrestling interviews, either. He could put in a good shift playing off someone in a backstage bit, but he was always at his best in photoshoots, walking to the ring in slow-motion or doing stunts. He never had the personality to make it big in singles, but he had a good enough look and flashy enough moves that they weren't happy having him be a Superstars-level guy. Road Dogg and Billy Gunn would've amounted to nothing had they not found each other, and Morrison's bad luck was that his partners always went off their heads on drugs or were destined for singles stardom. I think in about ten years time, we'll see him turn up sporadically to face WrestleMania opponents of Miz, by then a tenured babyface.