Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Cole had a tag match with Lawler on Raw against Legacy before that, and Big E's NXT stuff is televised, at least internationally. Hmm, tricky, I thought someone would blast that out of the water instantly.

Fandango's wrestled on NXT loads of times. He won it once.

Cole had a tag match with Lawler on Raw against Legacy before that, and Big E's NXT stuff is televised, at least internationally. Hmm, tricky, I thought someone would blast that out of the water instantly.

But wasn't that as Johnny Curtis, not Fandango? It's like saying Kane didn't debut at Bad Blood 97 because of his run as Issac Yankem.

• Paid Members

My reading of it has certainly been that Fandango is a completely new wrestler, not just a new persona (I don't want to say "gimmick" in this context) for Johnny Curtis, in WWE kayfabe continuity. In the same way that Dolph Ziggler is not Nicky from the Spirit Squad, I guess.

Edit: before someone else says it, yes I know there have been a few occasions where Dolph's past as Nicky has been referenced in a nudge-nudge wink-wink kind of way. The same is true of Kane having been Isaac Yankem, Unabomb & The Christmas Creature, thanks to Jerry Lawler. In WWE canon, they're unrelated.

Edited by Statto

Ha! You fucking smark, look at you using the wrestler's former gimmick name.