NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Whilst Alexa goes without saying, I fucking love Blake & Murphy too. Not quite in the same way, though.

I've become an inexplicable mark for Baron Corbin since London. Not sure why, but I love the guy.

Carmella used to have a much more pronounced gimmick "New Yoik" accent, didn't she? There's a bit of a Kofi Kingston gone on there, I think.

The music Rich Swann used was briefly someone else's, wasn't it? Want to say it was Emma for about a fortnight?

Also, Swann MUST use the nickname "Homie" on the indies, right??

Edited by Statto

Carmella used to have a much more pronounced gimmick "New Yoik" accent, didn't she? There's a bit of a Kofi Kingston gone on there, I think.

Yeah I noticed that.  I think she's toned it down since using her real accent in Breaking Ground.

I know his name, but not familiar with his actual work. He looked a bit of a discount Kofi Kingston from when he was rubbish. He took that massive backdrop well though and I'd be interesting in seeing more of him, so that's at least good.

With regards to Gargano, what the fuck is 'Johnny Wrestling!' supposed to mean?

• Paid Members

With regards to Gargano, what the fuck is 'Johnny Wrestling!' supposed to mean?

My assumption is it's a reference to the nickname that Cleveland Browns (although probably not for much longer) quarterback Johnny Manziel picked up whilst playing at Texas A&M, "Johnny Football".

It's basically a "this guy defines it" nickname.

• Paid Members

You might want to unfollow Triple H on Twitter and avoid WWE.com in that case, as they're not waiting until NXT airs for this news. I think it's safe to say it isn't technically a spoiler now.

Just in case,

yep, Austin Aries has signed a deal.

Edited by PunkStep

You might want to unfollow Triple H on Twitter and avoid WWE.com in that case, as they're not waiting until NXT airs for this news. I think it's safe to say it isn't technically a spoiler now.

Just in case,

yep, Austin Aries has signed a deal.

Aye, bloody Bayley tweeted about it.