NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I thought he was going to start smacking whatever was the right of him. He did in an ECW promo on either Massacre on 34th Street or Guilty As Charged 2001, I forget which. But yeah, he's great to have around in this role

His promo from Guilty As Charged 2001, courtesy of the Great Promo Transcripts topic in UKFF Gold:

(moments after goreing Balls Mahoney, Simond Diamond, Johnny Swinger, Dawn Marie, Chilly Willy and Blue Meanie - then piledriving Jasmin St. Claire from the middle rope)

"I'm not done yet.

I'M NOT DONE YET!

Oh violence.

VIOLENCE!

I taste violence.

I feel violence.

I live for violence!

I've just begun tonight.

I've fuckin' just begun tonight!

You know what?

Violence get's me off more than having Jasmin suck my fucking cock.

Violence I love.

Tonight I've just begun.

I HAVE JUST BEGUN!!"

Not the most articulate way of putting ones point across, but the message was clear and he did go on to win the World Title after the promo, so fair do's.  :thumbsup:

There's already a half decent card shaping up for the next Takeover. I can see something along the lines of

Balor vs Crews for the title

Bayley vs Alexa for the women's title

Joe vs Breeze, maybe with a 'loser leaves' stip

Vaudevillains vs Rhyno & Corbin for the tag titles

Maybe Asuka & Jax vs Dana & Emma

Possibly a UK match with Neville and a special guest

And since most of them will be in the UK anyway, a four way tag with B&M, Enzo & Cass, Gable & Jordan and Dash & Dawson.

I'd be quite pleased with a card like that!

Personally I would really like to see Doug Williams on the UK shows, he's maybe too old and doesn't have enough of a gimmick to ever be given a full run on NXT but I think he could have some really fun matches on the UK tour or even on the Takeover London show. If Regal is in shape and fancies it then even better!!

• Paid Members

I'd be shocked in Regal doesn't wrestle Balor in Blackpool.

You say Doug Williams is too old, but then say you’d be happy with William Regal, who’s older than Doug?

He's saying Doug might be too old for a full time run in NXT, but he'd be happy to see Doug or Regal work the tour.

I'd be shocked in Regal doesn't wrestle Balor in Blackpool.

You say Doug Williams is too old, but then say you’d be happy with William Regal, who’s older than Doug?

He's saying Doug might be too old for a full time run in NXT, but he'd be happy to see Doug or Regal work the tour.

As pointed out by air_raid I'm taking about Doug probably being too old for a full on run in NXT but the potential for a one off match at Blackpool for Regal or a couple of showcase ''farewell'' tour style matches whilst in the UK.

• Paid Members

Tyler Breeze is apparently considered "main roster" now. No official start date, though.

That's a main roster debut that's crying out for a couple of months of cheesy build-up vignettes, surely?

Sadly, they'll just put him on Raw as a "surprise" and assume everyone knows him because he's NXT, he'll probably get a pop week one, and be Bo Dallas/Adam Rose by Christmas.

Mind you, they did get cheesy build-up vignettes, I guess.

Tyler Breeze is apparently considered "main roster" now. No official start date, though.

That's a main roster debut that's crying out for a couple of months of cheesy build-up vignettes, surely?

Sadly, they'll just put him on Raw as a "surprise" and assume everyone knows him because he's NXT, he'll probably get a pop week one, and be Bo Dallas/Adam Rose by Christmas.

Mind you, they did get cheesy build-up vignettes, I guess.

Tyler Breeze has definitely got a character that could work for vignettes, but I'd have him answer the US open challenge and beat Cena. Cena has to be written out for a bit, I don't know that Tyler Breeze is really the guy to do a kick-the-shit-out-of-him injury angle, but I'd try and work something along those lines. Then have Breeze feud with (and beat) Ziggler, Cesaro and Neville until Cena gets back. Breeze vs Neville is the kind of feud that dreams could be made of, if it was an actual feud and not just a series of matches.

• Paid Members

I'm going to so sad when they fuck up Tyler Breeze. He's got the perfect character for loads of dumb, silly storylines and segments, but you just know he'll end up having a million boring matches on RAW like the rest of them.

There won't be any whacky fashion shows, there won't be anyone chucking paint over his fur coats backstage, or kicking him in the face and causing him to lose him some modelling contracts. It'll just be a best of twenty five series against Cesaro.

• Paid Members

Tyler Breeze moving up now makes sense of the pro-Breeze crowd on this week's show, particularly why they chanted "thank you Tyler!" when he was eliminated. I imagine word got round.

I'm sure the chants of "THANK YOU TYLER!" started after he eliminated Samoa Joe, before he was eliminated himself.

Presumably because the more vocal members of the audience did not want Samoa Joe to win the match.