NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

James Storm is genuinely one of my favourite wrestlers, I'm so chuffed to see him turn up in NXT rather than doing that awful Bray Wyatt-lite thing with a stable of scrubs in TNA.

Agree he's very much there to be in the "good hand/look we're the world's best indy" camp rather than push on to the main roster, but never say never I guess.

He was inevitably well recieved when walking out as a surprise, but given the lack of heels in NXT at the moment, I'd suggest he be turned ASAP. He's great in the antagonist role, and an "I'm more deserving of being here [because I've been in TNA nudge-wink] than this new crop of indy darlings" angry vet character surely writes itself?

It was great to see him turn up, also I was equally shocked to see Burch/Stone, I didn't realise he was still there and haven't noticed him as of recent, although I think he was in the battle royal.

Anyway, it's a good group of lads who they have brought back so far.

You have Rhino, who can put over the power movers, Joe who can put others over but could also realistically have a decent and not out of place run on top in NXT, and Storm who is a decent all-rounder and in my opinion, has a style which suits WWE's main roster.

Do you think the likes of the lads they bring back, rather than up, are NXT main stayers in place to put over the youngsters, or is there any chance of a Raw call up?

IIRC Stone was released a while back but considering he's based in Florida they can easily bring him in as and when needed.

Edited by GPW Kristian Zane

On a couple of the recent topics,

The crowd are annoying cunts that think they own Wrestling, but it is hilarious watching them boo heels like Eva Marie and Baron Corbin because they don't think they're worth a shit in spite of that being the reaction WWE wants regardless.

The amount of heels is a funny subject in NXT and it relates to the nature of the crowd. The crowd react to entertaining figures and personalities by cheering them, as such these guys aren't proper heels. Rhyno and Tyler Breeze are decent examples, they get more/as many cheers as boo's, so they're not really a heels. The only proper heels in NXT are the people that the crowd don't think deserve their place. Imagine how butthurt they would get if Baron Corbin beat Finn Balor for the belt.

I liked James Storm's debut, I like his work but I think he still needs some refining and if he's willing to listen to some of the older heads there he will be a great addition to the main roster. I think the general consensus on Rhyno and maybe Joe being perma-NXT guys is correct but I reckon Storm may be destined for the main roster. I liked his look and his music, not his finish so much, looked sloppy.

• Paid Members

Didn't think Storm looked in great condition. He's a bit too thick around the waist (Not much because I think he has a good solid build generally) but he was blowing a bit in a very short match. Had great gear and the crowd reacted brilliantly too him. Needs to sort his hair out though, it's a bit too scraggy.

Really good show this week. The stuff they did to build Rhyno and Corbin, to get to know Crews, to give us something to look forward to next week with Joe's brilliant promo and Evie Marie on location in Paris is exactly what's missing off the main shows. It's not innovative, it's not rocket science, it's just obvious and very well done.

I like Asuka, think she's settled well. Nia Jax was different last week. Alexa Bliss is doing great work on the mic. Dana Brooks is decent too. With bayley, they've already got a decent crew to replace the three they've lost.

Best consecutive weeks of NXT I've seen for ages. Props to Rhyno too. He's there to help guys get better and get over. Not to enhance himself.

James Storm has always had a bit of extra timber around his middle. Thought he looked ok but then again I haven't seen in an age as I stopped watching TNA. I know he's in their world title tournament thing, so depending how long that lasts (which knowing TNA will be fucking forever) we might not see him again for a good few weeks.

Rhino has done great in his role helping the young guys out. I'd like to see him be the guy who challenges Cena this Sunday at Hell In A Cell just to give him a PPV match for his efforts

Nothing is wrong with it, and that's the point. They think they're shitting on him, but he's a heel, so the reaction is wanted. Like I said, he's one of the only proper heels in NXT.

Do they think they're shitting on him?  Wasn't he quite popular at one point, then turned heel and started getting booed?  His match with Joe in Brooklyn was quite well received, wasn't it?  I've seen no evidence of people shitting on him any more than other heels that get booed.

Edited by Slapnut

• Paid Members

I liked his look and his music, not his finish so much, looked sloppy.

I don't recall seeing it done quite like that before, every other time I've seen it the receiver has ended up landing face first - it's like a swinging bulldog, or something. Not sure if the NXT delivery was a deliberate tweak or just a misunderstanding.

I've always been torn on whether or not I like the move - I think it's one of those that sounds better in concept than it ever ends up looking.

Is anyone actually using the superkick as a finisher anywhere in WWE right now, anyway? Breeze seemed to be using the Supermodel Kick instead of the Beauty Shot for a short period, but he's been given the Unprettier, it would seem.

RE: Corbin - I think the reference is that the crowd 'turned him heel' by starting to boo him out of the building when he was being presented as a face, but I have no problem with how they reacted. He'd been doing PRECISELY the same thing every week for about 8 months. It did seem to be an overnight thing though, like it had been co-ordinated. One taping they were still going mad for him and counting along with the match, the next he was NXT's Cena.

• Paid Members

For people who have read the spoilers, does James Storm appear over the next few weeks?

Spoiler tagged just in case.

No, they were/are still working on a deal depending on who you believe. He wasn't at last night's tapings either so you'd expect he'll be back when they tape in November.

Rhino wasn't there last night either, fingers crossed he's done for a bit - can't imagine what else they could do with him.

Edited by Benno