NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

There are worse fans. They only annoy me when they are really stupid. At times they even add to it. The 'You Fucked Up' at Dana for slapping Asuka was genuinely amusing.

What are the ROH lads like these days?

Edited by WWFChilli

I hope its not Crews vs Balor in London, Crews seems good and sure they'd have a great match but can see it being a dull build up I'd rather see Balor vs Joe or something, 

I could see Regal vs Breeze in London if hes still on nxt since Tyler keeps asking for challenges etc

Well I could see a defence on the normal show on the cards. I don't think Crews v Balor has a Takeover feel, while Joe v Balor definitely does. Maybe Rhino or Corbin could cost Crews the title or something, then he could move over to that. 

Hard to know what they have planned cause Balor is ready to go up too.

And on the crowd thing...Well, every crowd is annoying these days, at times. Any crowd that chants 'What' immediately makes me hate them. Raw usually either has a bunch or tossers or people that sit on their hands the whole time, but who could blame either of them really? NXT has had a few dicks, one on Brooklyn chanting 'What' at Regal when he was on the screen announcing the Dusty Rhodes classic springs to mind. Then the ones that chanted for Breeze...There is a line between being a part of something and not feeling like you got your moneys worth (Raw) and chanting like some self entitled bell end (NXT). So, I don't know where the happy medium is...

Crews vs balor wil be start of balors heel turn I think, have him face joe in December , rematch February then drop belt to Itami at mania weekend event before moving up

• Paid Members

Yeah by rights it really should be Balor who took out Itami. Itami taking the title from Balor and then Finn going off to the main roster would be grand for me if down to the poetic justice of the angle if they go that way.

• Paid Members

Its so fucking weird seeing James Storm in a WWE ring. Especially when they are acting as if he isnt just picked out of thin air and they sort of acknowledge he's a "somebody." Glad he's got a chance to have a run in WWE finally. Terry Taylor, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn must surely have a lot to do with WWE's new found willingness to bring in TNA wrestlers.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Not only is it great to see WWE's attitude change towards these guys, but also it's guys you thought would be very loyal to the indys etc and living in fear of how they'd get buried in WWE - suddenly there seems to be a turn around.

Granted there's still an issue on the main roster but that's just because the overall product is shit.

• Paid Members

It was great to see him turn up, also I was equally shocked to see Burch/Stone, I didn't realise he was still there and haven't noticed him as of recent, although I think he was in the battle royal.

Anyway, it's a good group of lads who they have brought back so far.

You have Rhino, who can put over the power movers, Joe who can put others over but could also realistically have a decent and not out of place run on top in NXT, and Storm who is a decent all-rounder and in my opinion, has a style which suits WWE's main roster.

Do you think the likes of the lads they bring back, rather than up, are NXT main stayers in place to put over the youngsters, or is there any chance of a Raw call up?

• Moderators

No, I think the likes of Rhyno, Storm and Joe are NXT for life, Remember, at it's crux NXT is a developmental territory, so they're there just to be veteran good hands for the youngsters to work with and learn from. Well, maybe Joe's there to sell tickets for the live events to the NXT target audience as well, but I'd say he's there to be a "good hand" mostly. Don't see him ever leaving Orlando.

James Storm had a great look though didn't he? Looked like a real badass. Reminded me of Don Frye's long hair and goatee look from NJPW.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I wasn't sure of his long pants at first, I haven't seen him since the green trunks beer money days, but in general, he looked the business and I'm glad they have kept a bad ass cowboy look.

I'd love to see him go all Rob zombie undead cowboy though. Well back then I did anyway.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

He cut a great promo on one of the Fallout things they post online.  I can't post it from work, but it'll be on Youtube I'm sure.

He finishes with his "Sorry about your damn luck" catchphrase.  What a great bloke, looking forward to seeing him more.

• Paid Members

He cut a great promo on one of the Fallout things they post online. I can't post it from work, but it'll be on Youtube I'm sure.

He finishes with his "Sorry about your damn luck" catchphrase. What a great bloke, looking forward to seeing him more.

He signed off with it after winning on NXT too, it also seemed fitting after squashing, rather than for the sake of it.

Aye, he's good.

Yeah that was awesome. Wasn't sold on his finisher (or his music...), though I suppose he can't really do a Superkick...

I'd say you could put him on the main roster easily. Can talk, wrestle and oozes confidence and charisma. Just needs some WWE shine i think and he's good to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8y1jxvpLf8 Ol' Tom Phillips is loving him!

Edited by Cobra1000