NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I'm sure the chants of "THANK YOU TYLER!" started after he eliminated Samoa Joe, before he was eliminated himself.

Presumably because the more vocal members of the audience did not want Samoa Joe to win the match.

I thought the Joe un-love came after he eliminated Tyler, and that's mainly why he got booed. Then some tits started the 'thank you Tyler' chant, after he eliminated Joe.

Did another 'we want Tyler' chant or similar start just before Crews won, or did I just make that up?

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

Ah yes, I forgot Breeze was already out when he eliminated Joe.

I'm sure that is what prompted the thank you Tyler chants though.

Surely word can't have reached the Full Sail Crowd a week & a half before Meltzer, Keller etc. reported it, as Linus is suggesting.

I never understand the theory (if) Breeze is the guy to move up and answer an US open challenge and win the title straight off the bat. Jeez he's ok on NXT, but he needs to stay there and develop fully. I think it's a pointless exercise which doesn't need doing when you have plenty of mid card talent who are dying for Vince to open his bloody eyes.

Fuck I don't want to see the likes of Neville being treated as just another number as one example. Ideally NXT filling arenas and Hunter using those guys again and making waves and selling house shows, and giving those talents good pay offs in performing and merchandise. Yeah I want some of that!

Jeez he's ok on NXT, but he needs to stay there and develop fully.

He's been in there for donkey's years, his character value is excellent and nailed down. He's the logical next call-up for me, has been for ages.

• Paid Members

Exactly. The biggest part of learning is by being on the road with the big boys and getting on with it. That's his next step as there is little more he can do in NXT.

They'd be mad not to go video package crazy with him before his debut, though. His character is perfect for some fun introductory videos.

Ideally NXT filling arenas and Hunter using those guys again and making waves and selling house shows, and giving those talents good pay offs in performing and merchandise. Yeah I want some of that!

Developmental is a massive money loser. It's fine for Finn Balor to say "I don't want to leave NXT" because he's on good money and gets to sleep in his own bed and play with his own Lego every night. But for the guys and girls on developmental deals, the odd arena sellout isn't going to bump their pay at all -- they have to be on the main roster to make money.

As a developmental league, NXT is dodgy as fuck at the moment. In doing the BEST INDIE EVER gimmick, it's neglecting a lot of talent that need on-camera ring time. Who has really been helped a lot over the last year? Becky Lynch was utter shit when she started and she's come on well, but who else is there? Corbin?

In fairness it's only WWFChilli that brings them up every week.

Today's discussion on the crowd began when Linus commented on them, and he's someone who doesn't have a problem with that crowd.

After Eva Marie's next match however, it might all start back up again.

Getting back on topic, people were commenting before this Tyler Breeze news came out about how short the roster is on heels.

There is only Baron Corbin, Rhyno, & Tye Dillinger left if Breeze has left. They might need to turn Balor or Joe or Crews in order to even it up a bit.

When NXt fans play the fuckin game I aint got a real issue with them no matter how much they try put themselves over. Goin 'boooo bullshit' just cos their heel pick didn't win and turning on the face like its some great injustice takes enjoyment out for me, rather listen to Raw crowds sat on their hands (those are crowds fully prepared to go nuts for something if WWE made it happen for them)

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Eva Marie is a god.

In fairness I give out on that crowd because a) it's a bit of a laugh for me, they're paying punters after all (not FREE IMPACT) and b) they're a weird fan combo of sweaty pricks and hipsters, thus deserve my resentment.